UML Recruiting, 2017+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

I'm not even sure what's going on here at this point. Can we please stick to the actual topic of this thread?

McDonald and List both are on teams that are currently in the USHL playoffs.

Of the 4 NAHL commits, Stefanson, Zohovs and Evingson are currently on teams that would make the playoffs.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      I'm not even sure what's going on here at this point. Can we please stick to the actual topic of this thread?

McDonald and List both are on teams that are currently in the USHL playoffs.

Of the 4 NAHL commits, Stefanson, Zohovs and Evingson are currently on teams that would make the playoffs.
      Blame chiefs11 for going off on some tangent about Cox and us defending him. Sorry.

Really looking forward to Evingson coming in. I was eagerly anticipating Goransson this year, sort of in the mold of Folin, but Evingson looks like a monster on defense.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        The season is over for recruit Conner Sodergren as West Kelowna was eliminated from the BCHL playoffs. The Warriors were the defending BCHL and RBC Cup champions. Conner had 5 assists in 4 playoff games.

Final 2016-2017 Stats:
        58 GP - 24-35-59 - 92 PIM (Regular Season)
        4 GP - 0-5-5 - 8 PIM (Playoffs)

Comment

According to one TSN writer, UMass' best recruit could go as high as the #4 pick. Have to wonder if he ever hits Amherst if that happens.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            According to one TSN writer, UMass' best recruit could go as high as the #4 pick. Have to wonder if he ever hits Amherst if that happens.
            Let's hope not. Then again when they hit Amherst they tend to regress. But my guess is if he's drafted that high, he never shows up.
            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              Blame chiefs11 for going off on some tangent about Cox and us defending him. Sorry.

Really looking forward to Evingson coming in. I was eagerly anticipating Goransson this year, sort of in the mold of Folin, but Evingson looks like a monster on defense.
              Sorry

Comment

NZ evaluation of recruit Jackson Sterrett from the spring Beantown Classic. Jackson was given an "A minus" rating.

Jackson Sterrett (F, L, 5’11”, 165lbs, Skipjacks U18, 1999)-The Tennessee native has a whole bunch of tools. His first step is elite and was perhaps the best here. This allows him to be very quick to loose pucks. His straight line speed is also elite and he can pass, shoot or create on the line rush. He shot is quick and hard and he moves his feet on the release. The 1999 played on his edges with speed and skill. He is fun to watch and a terrific young prospect. College: UMass-Lowell

Comment

I still don't understand how that happens... I honestly don't. That many basement finishes, new coach or not, shouldn't inspire any confidence
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    I still don't understand how that happens... I honestly don't. That many basement finishes, new coach or not, shouldn't inspire any confidence
                    My theory still stands. Somehow they're tricked, hypnotized, or whatever into thinking they're coming to Lowell but somehow end up at Amherst. Only plausible explanation.
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      NZ evaluation of recruit Jackson Sterrett from the spring Beantown Classic. Jackson was given an "A minus" rating.

Jackson Sterrett (F, L, 5’11”, 165lbs, Skipjacks U18, 1999)-The Tennessee native has a whole bunch of tools. His first step is elite and was perhaps the best here. This allows him to be very quick to loose pucks. His straight line speed is also elite and he can pass, shoot or create on the line rush. He shot is quick and hard and he moves his feet on the release. The 1999 played on his edges with speed and skill. He is fun to watch and a terrific young prospect. College: UMass-Lowell
                      This is great to read. Thanks Bob.
                      Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      "Flagship" school. Well known (albeit not necessarily for hockey). They've had some players hit the NHL. A chance to help build a program. There's always reasons.
                      Monty

Comment

This is great to read. Thanks Bob.

"Flagship" school. Well known (albeit not necessarily for hockey). They've had some players hit the NHL. A chance to help build a program. There's always reasons.
                        Those are valid reasons. I still like my trickery or hypnotism explanation though.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

The CCHL regular season is over and recruit Charles Levesque (2018) finished second in scoring with 74 points (57 GP, 29-45-74, 38 PIM). The playoffs begin Friday for Charles and Hawkesbury.

http://cchl_hockey2.stats.pointstrea...seasonid=15888

Comment

The CCHL regular season is over and recruit Charles Levesque (2018) finished second in scoring with 74 points (57 GP, 29-45-74, 38 PIM). The playoffs begin Friday for Charles and Hawkesbury.

http://cchl_hockey2.stats.pointstrea...seasonid=15888
                            Levesque was named to the First All-Star Team for the CCHL, and also won the Sportsmanship and Ability Award for the league.
                            Monty

Comment

Levesque was named to the First All-Star Team for the CCHL, and also won the Sportsmanship and Ability Award for the league.
                              Thanks Monty. I wonder if there's any chance of him coming in next season?

Comment

Thanks Monty. I wonder if there's any chance of him coming in next season?
                                Might depend on CJ?
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X