Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Some NE Prep players, some of whom have received interest from Lowell:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...sharib-rayhill
    Any hints as to whom?
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Recruits Eriks Zohovs and Croix Evingson have been named to play in the NAHL Top Prospects Tournament which will be held from February 27-28, 2017. They will play for the NAHL Selects squad.

http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=20254

Comment

Extremely excited & humbled to announce my commitment to play D1 hockey at Umass Lowell! Thank you everyone who has helped me along the way!

Tweet from Reid Stefanson

Minot of NAHL
        Last edited by herbst20; 02-15-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
          Extremely excited & humbled to announce my commitment to play D1 hockey at Umass Lowell! Thank you everyone who has helped me along the way!

Minot of NAHL
          Thanks for sharing!

I just saw this tweet pop us as well:

Anthony is '97 Defenseman
          http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=238489
          Last edited by Middle Street; 02-15-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post

Minot of NAHL
            Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
            Thanks for sharing!

I just saw this tweet pop us as well:

'97 Defenseman
            http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=238489
            Good day for Lowell recruiting.

Baxter is a 6', 195 pound defenseman, currently playing for the Burlington Cougars (3-24-27 in 42 games in the OJHL). Born 11/26/97.

Stephanson is 5'10, 150 pounds (tiny!) with a 15-19-34 line in 40 games.
            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Good day for Lowell recruiting.

Baxter is a 6', 195 pound defenseman, currently playing for the Burlington Cougars (3-24-27 in 42 games in the OJHL). Born 11/26/97.

Stephanson is 5'10, 150 pounds (tiny!) with a 15-19-34 line in 40 games.
              The Minot site shows Stephanson as 6'0, 174 lbs. Reid was named to the Central squad for the up coming NAHL Top Prospects Tournament.

http://www.minotauroshockey.com/play...3312&season=38

It will be interesting to see who will be coming in next season.
              Last edited by boblav1; 02-15-2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Lowell commit Trevor Zins is now on the Atlanta Capitols roster of the NA3HL. Yikes
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by qualum2004 View Post
                  lowell commit trevor zins is now on the atlanta capitols roster of the na3hl. Yikes
                  na3hl?
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    na3hl?
                    It's the NAHL's Tier III league. It's the next level below.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                      It's the NAHL's Tier III league. It's the next level below.
                      I see... looks like that level is for those who don't realize the dream is over
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                        Lowell commit Trevor Zins is now on the Atlanta Capitols roster of the NA3HL. Yikes
                        Thanks for this. Actually his name was the first one I thought of when I saw that Baxter was coming in. If Evingson, Baxter and List (the former 2 '97s and the latter a '98), that would give us 9 d-men on the roster next season. I'd have to think that Zins is probably out (even though he's currently listed for '18 anyway).

Also, Jeff Cox says the RMU transfer to Lowell is done.

So as of now, if Schutz is eligible for 2017/2018, as is Burchett, we're adding 7 forwards to the roster (if all the frosh come in) to replace two senior forwards (Gamby and Campbell)? That doesn't make sense.
                        Monty

Comment

Thanks for this. Actually his name was the first one I thought of when I saw that Baxter was coming in. If Evingson, Baxter and List (the former 2 '97s and the latter a '98), that would give us 9 d-men on the roster next season. I'd have to think that Zins is probably out (even though he's currently listed for '18 anyway).

Also, Jeff Cox says the RMU transfer to Lowell is done.

So as of now, if Schutz is eligible for 2017/2018, as is Burchett, we're adding 7 forwards to the roster (if all the frosh come in) to replace two senior forwards (Gamby and Campbell)? That doesn't make sense.
                          Actually, it's to replace 3 forwards, since Hough left the team at mid-season.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Are you counting Levesque as one of the 7? According to the CCHL press release he is committed for 18-19 season. I know the Heisenberg page doesn't have him marked as 2018, but given the numbers, he must be arriving in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              Are you counting Levesque as one of the 7? According to the CCHL press release he is committed for 18-19 season. I know the Heisenberg page doesn't have him marked as 2018, but given the numbers, he must be arriving in 2018.
                              Yeah, that's a fair point.
                              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                                I'm not sure if something happened this week, but Zins is listed on the Cedar Rapids (USHL) roster. He played in both games for the Roughriders last weekend and has been in the lineup most nights since returning from Topeka (NAHL) back in December.

Maybe herbst20 can confirm?

http://www.ushl.com/view/#/player?playerId=36&season=58

Comment

Working...
                                X