Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Recruit James Winkler signs his NLI.

‏@StrideEnvy
    Stride Envy student @jameswinkler18 signing his NLI to play for @riverhawknation in… https://www.instagram.com/p/BEJkyY8yS1T

I posted this on the UVM thread. It appears recruit Ross Colton is having second thoughts after having a breakout season.

Article on UVM recruit Ross Colton. Colton finished second in the USHL in scoring with 66 points (35-31-66).

Colton has signed with the University of Vermont but said his future beyond this season is in the air, not wishing to go into details. It’s difficult to imagine him returning to Cedar Rapids next season but there appears to be that chance.
    From Twitter:
    Scott Herbst ‏@herbst20
    @cthockey1314 Ross wants out of his LOI. Vermont said no. He has appealed to the NCAA

Merrimack picks up their third '99 for 2018. Still nothing here.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    Recruit James Winkler signs his NLI.

‏@StrideEnvy
    Stride Envy student @jameswinkler18 signing his NLI to play for @riverhawknation in… https://www.instagram.com/p/BEJkyY8yS1T
    I bet this is who Norm was referring to in that radio interview I shared a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    I bet this is who Norm was referring to in that radio interview I shared a few days ago.
    It's been known since late November that we knew Winkler was coming here, though.
    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    It's been known since late November that we knew Winkler was coming here, though.
    Yeah I know we've known about him via his twitter announcement, but Norm also said in the interview that he's not allowed to comment on kids that haven't signed an NLI yet. Is there room for another player for next season? I didn't think there was unless someone on the current roster leaves. So that's why I think when he mentioned they were finalizing bringing someone in, he might have meant Winkler.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    Yeah I know we've known about him via his twitter announcement, but Norm also said in the interview that he's not allowed to comment on kids that haven't signed an NLI yet. Is there room for another player for next season? I didn't think there was unless someone on the current roster leaves. So that's why I think when he mentioned they were finalizing bringing someone in, he might have meant Winkler.
    Fair enough.
    Monty

UVM adds another recruit. They currently have 28 recruits on the Heisenberg site.

Over The Boards ‏@OverTheBoards 2h2 hours ago
    97 D Jake Massie (USHL Omaha) commits to Vermont. Cats get an athletic, tough-to-play against LD, 6th rd NHL pick in '15. Was UMass recruit.

i believe that's the second UMass recruit to decommit since the coaching change.

UVM adds another recruit. They currently have 28 recruits on the Heisenberg site.

Over The Boards ‏@OverTheBoards 2h2 hours ago
    97 D Jake Massie (USHL Omaha) commits to Vermont. Cats get an athletic, tough-to-play against LD, 6th rd NHL pick in '15. Was UMass recruit.

i believe that's the second UMass recruit to decommit since the coaching change.
    Who was the first?
    Monty

Who was the first?
    Ty Pelton-Byce who's now heading to Harvard.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248459

One recruit, Ty Pelton-Byce, has already changed his plans. Pelton-Byce had signed a National Letter of Intent to join the Minutemen, but will attend Harvard instead, according to a College Hockey Inc. database of commitments.
    “It’s not for me to give names, but certain kids are going to move on to other schools and other kids are going to move on to UMass that weren’t originally. It’s just the way it goes,” Carvel said. “Recruiting is very much a game of familiarity and trust and connections. So I’m sure there will probably be some shakeups.”
    http://dailycollegian.com/2016/04/12...fseason-tasks/

Thanks Bob!
    Monty

Thanks Bob!
    That last name is made for an Ivy League so it must be natural

From twitter. It will be interesting to see if he ends up some where other than UMA.

‏@THNRyanKennedy
    Cameron Crotty (2017 draft) has decommitted from St. Lawrence due to coach Greg Carvel leaving. Tons of schools now pursuing the D-man

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=299556
    Last edited by boblav1; 04-27-2016 at 05:44 PM.

Three recruits still playing. Waterloo (Lohin, Metcalf) and Tri-City (Goransson) will meet in the USHL Western Conference Finals that start Friday. Lohin has 4 points (1-3-4) in 4 playoff games. Metcalf has not played. Goransson has 1 assist in 3 games for Tri-City.

http://www.ushl.com/news_article/sho...rer_id=1348814

Looks like a solid group of recruits coming in for this year the big piece will be the goaltending

Three recruits still playing. Waterloo (Lohin, Metcalf) and Tri-City (Goransson) will meet in the USHL Western Conference Finals that start Friday. Lohin has 4 points (1-3-4) in 4 playoff games. Metcalf has not played. Goransson has 1 assist in 3 games for Tri-City.

http://www.ushl.com/news_article/sho...rer_id=1348814
    Goransson had an assist in Game 1 for Tri-City in their 4-0 win. Waterloo tied the series the next night, but Lohin was ejected for spearing.
    Monty

Goransson had an assist in Game 1 for Tri-City in their 4-0 win. Waterloo tied the series the next night, but Lohin was ejected for spearing.
    I wonder if Metcalf is injured? He hasn't played since the regular season (April 9th). Looking at the playoff boxscores he isn't even listed as the backup for Waterloo.

http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...y?game_id=6805

I noticed that too but I figured he hasn't been dressing because he wasn't playing well for Waterloo either.

Injury could be a reason for the poor performance though.

Metcalf doesn't play the nd goalie is their guy

Quote Originally Posted by chiefs11 View Post
    Metcalf doesn't play the nd goalie is their guy
    Agree. I was just wondering why Metcalf is not listed as the backup.

Thread Information