X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Might depend on CJ?
    I'm not sure if here or the main board is more appropriate for this discussion, but I found the fact Aston Reese was not able to negotiate NHL time this season (and burn a year on his ELC) really interesting. For the top college FA not to be able to do this (see Folin with us a few years ago) is really surprising to me. Anyways, I was thinking this may signal a change in the negotiating power of college players (CJ being a junior he may have a bit more leverage than ZAR did). And if he is just going to spend next year in the AHL I wonder if he might reconsider leaving.
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      I'm not sure if here or the main board is more appropriate for this discussion, but I found the fact Aston Reese was not able to negotiate NHL time this season (and burn a year on his ELC) really interesting. For the top college FA not to be able to do this (see Folin with us a few years ago) is really surprising to me. Anyways, I was thinking this may signal a change in the negotiating power of college players (CJ being a junior he may have a bit more leverage than ZAR did). And if he is just going to spend next year in the AHL I wonder if he might reconsider leaving.
      I doubt it... but he may wait until later in the offseason instead. Remember that immediate NHL playing time was the carrot for ruhwedel
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Might depend on CJ?
        Cj to Vegas hope not

Comment

• Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
          Cj to Vegas hope not
          He'd get good minutes. Would be happy for him if that was his decision. Bruins could use a LW when the kids from Amherst gets hurt again
          BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
            He'd get good minutes. Would be happy for him if that was his decision. Bruins could use a LW when the kids from Amherst gets hurt again
            One more year!
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              I still don't understand how that happens... I honestly don't. That many basement finishes, new coach or not, shouldn't inspire any confidence
              UMASS will be a power in league
              New coach highly regarded and don't forget Marty Meehan is a supporter now

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                UMASS will be a power in league
                But only to a certain point. Remember he's a Lowell guy at heart.

Chief recruiter could also be a potential RPI coaching target. Not impressed with Carvel this year, might not be as good a fit there as people think.
                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

UMASS-Amherst will be a power in league
                  I'll believe it when I see it.

Won fewer games than Michelletto. If he finds a top 10 goalie in the country like he did at St Lawrence he may find his way into the top half of the league for a couple years. UMass-Amherst will not be a power in this league for at least a decade. And there is no real reason to believe they are even getting close. They will finish last in the league again next year. They will lose to Arizona State on the road instead of at home next year. They will have garbage attendance again next year.
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Makar committed 8/28/15 and he obviously had a specific skill set that was dominant at younger levels but he was really small at that point so when he committed the big boys weren't interested, he has worked continuously on his game and has developed into a 1st round pick within the past year and a half. Major junior is for sure in play here and they will point out all of the negatives with the UMass program.

Comment

• Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                      and they will point out all of the negatives with the UMass program.
                      Hope he likes coffee, that conversation could take a few hours
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                        Makar committed 8/28/15 and he obviously had a specific skill set that was dominant at younger levels but he was really small at that point so when he committed the big boys weren't interested, he has worked continuously on his game and has developed into a 1st round pick within the past year and a half. Major junior is for sure in play here and they will point out all of the negatives with the UMass program.
                        I'd start with the coach's poor attitude and work from there
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

The season is also over for recruit Charles Levesque as Hawkesbury was eliminated from the CCHL playoffs tonight. Charles had 8 points in 6 playoff games.

Final 2016-2017 Stats:
                          57 GP - 29-45-74 - 38 PIM (Regular Season)
                          6 GP - 3-5-8 - 2 PIM (Playoffs)

The season is over for recruit Anthony Baxter. Anthony had 2 points in 10 OJHL playoff games.

Final 2016-2017 Stats:
                          45 GP - 3-26-29 - 39 PIM (Regular Season)
                          10 GP - 0-2-2 - 2 PIM (Playoffs)
                          Last edited by boblav1; 03-26-2017, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Another 2019 recruit commits to UMass. LW Alex DiPaolo from Salisbury will be at Amherst in 2 years.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Another 2019 recruit commits to UMass. LW Alex DiPaolo from Salisbury will be at Amherst in 2 years.
                              Again, more trickery and sorcery at work. Somehow they are convinced that they're not jumping into the dumpster fire that is Amherst. Not very impressed with the new coach who looks same as the old.
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

They're now projecting a 14-man freshman class. That's huge.

Mike McMahon‏ @MikeMcMahonCHN
                                ’97 G Bradley Arvanitis commits to UMass. He becomes the 2nd 2017 projected G for UMass w/ Matt Murray — http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ssachusetts/27
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X