UML Recruiting, 2017+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Recruit Ryan Lohin had his 12 game scoring streak stopped last night. He had 20 points (8-12-20) over that 12 game period. Ryan is currently ranked 7th in scoring in the USHL with 57 points (23-34-57). The USHL regular season ends next weekend.

http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...=418&season=48

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Recruit Ryan Lohin had his 12 game scoring streak stopped last night. He had 20 points (8-12-20) over that 12 game period. Ryan is currently ranked 7th in scoring in the USHL with 57 points (23-34-57). The USHL regular season ends next weekend.

http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...=418&season=48
      Final USHL regular season stats:

Ryan Lohin - 62 -23-34-57 (8th in scoring)
      Ken Hausinger - 60 -16-32-48 (23rd)
      Mattias Goransson - 58 -7-34-41 (42nd)
      Guillaume Leclerc - 54 -13-16-29 (95th)
      James Winkler - 49 -11-10-21 (148th)
      Trevor Zins - 26 - 0-1-1

Garrett Metcalf - 36 - 13-16-2 - GAA 3.21 - SAV% .902 (23rd)

Waterloo (Lohin, Metcalf), Cedar Rapids (Zins) and Tri-City (Goransson) made the USHL playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        how do these teams survive? Do they get enough local support to break even? Pay to play? Benefactors?
        NAHL is Tier II juniors. Players pay only for boarding and skates. Billet families, not hockey houses.

Somebody needs a tax write off.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Tyler Wall made the latest Central Scouting list of North American goaltenders.
          http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...Rank&year=2016

Comment

Maine just picked up it's fourth commitment from 2017 and beyond, in just the last month, which brings them to 15 that are definitely for 2017 or later. PC picked up twin commits (literally) and have three in the last 2 weeks for 2017 and beyond. UNH just received their second for 2018 or 2019, both in the last 3 weeks.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Recruit James Winkler signs his NLI.

‏@StrideEnvy
              Stride Envy student @jameswinkler18 signing his NLI to play for @riverhawknation in… https://www.instagram.com/p/BEJkyY8yS1T

Comment

I posted this on the UVM thread. It appears recruit Ross Colton is having second thoughts after having a breakout season.

Article on UVM recruit Ross Colton. Colton finished second in the USHL in scoring with 66 points (35-31-66).

Colton has signed with the University of Vermont but said his future beyond this season is in the air, not wishing to go into details. It’s difficult to imagine him returning to Cedar Rapids next season but there appears to be that chance.
                From Twitter:
                Scott Herbst ‏@herbst20
                @cthockey1314 Ross wants out of his LOI. Vermont said no. He has appealed to the NCAA

Comment

Merrimack picks up their third '99 for 2018. Still nothing here.
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Recruit James Winkler signs his NLI.

‏@StrideEnvy
                    Stride Envy student @jameswinkler18 signing his NLI to play for @riverhawknation in… https://www.instagram.com/p/BEJkyY8yS1T
                    I bet this is who Norm was referring to in that radio interview I shared a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                      I bet this is who Norm was referring to in that radio interview I shared a few days ago.
                      It's been known since late November that we knew Winkler was coming here, though.
                      Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        It's been known since late November that we knew Winkler was coming here, though.
                        Yeah I know we've known about him via his twitter announcement, but Norm also said in the interview that he's not allowed to comment on kids that haven't signed an NLI yet. Is there room for another player for next season? I didn't think there was unless someone on the current roster leaves. So that's why I think when he mentioned they were finalizing bringing someone in, he might have meant Winkler.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                          Yeah I know we've known about him via his twitter announcement, but Norm also said in the interview that he's not allowed to comment on kids that haven't signed an NLI yet. Is there room for another player for next season? I didn't think there was unless someone on the current roster leaves. So that's why I think when he mentioned they were finalizing bringing someone in, he might have meant Winkler.
                          Fair enough.
                          Monty

Comment

UVM adds another recruit. They currently have 28 recruits on the Heisenberg site.

Over The Boards ‏@OverTheBoards 2h2 hours ago
                            97 D Jake Massie (USHL Omaha) commits to Vermont. Cats get an athletic, tough-to-play against LD, 6th rd NHL pick in '15. Was UMass recruit.

i believe that's the second UMass recruit to decommit since the coaching change.

Comment

UVM adds another recruit. They currently have 28 recruits on the Heisenberg site.

Over The Boards ‏@OverTheBoards 2h2 hours ago
                              97 D Jake Massie (USHL Omaha) commits to Vermont. Cats get an athletic, tough-to-play against LD, 6th rd NHL pick in '15. Was UMass recruit.

i believe that's the second UMass recruit to decommit since the coaching change.
                              Who was the first?
                              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Who was the first?
                                Ty Pelton-Byce who's now heading to Harvard.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248459

One recruit, Ty Pelton-Byce, has already changed his plans. Pelton-Byce had signed a National Letter of Intent to join the Minutemen, but will attend Harvard instead, according to a College Hockey Inc. database of commitments.
                                “It’s not for me to give names, but certain kids are going to move on to other schools and other kids are going to move on to UMass that weren’t originally. It’s just the way it goes,” Carvel said. “Recruiting is very much a game of familiarity and trust and connections. So I’m sure there will probably be some shakeups.”
                                http://dailycollegian.com/2016/04/12...fseason-tasks/

Comment

Working...
                                X