Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Originally posted by HHound View Post
    To accuse bu of such an act is simply delicious! If only there was proof. I would start my search by considering which other schools were recruiting the boy.
    Well, he's European, so no chance UNH was interested.
    The Souza record:
    15-16 10th place
    16-17 10th place
    17-18 11th place
    18-19 8th place
    19-20 9th place
    20-21 10th place
    21-22 9th place
    22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
      To accuse bu of such an act is simply delicious! If only there was proof. I would start my search by considering which other schools were recruiting the boy.
      Where's Tim whitehead when he needs a solid beating
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Just posting this here, since we don't get too many articles about where a kid might have gone. Here's one about a potential Lowell legacy who chose NU, but Lowell was in the final 3. I keep saying the Beanpot hurts us recruiting wise.

Just realized in about 5/6 weeks, we have to start up another one of these for 2018 and beyond!
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          Just posting this here, since we don't get too many articles about where a kid might have gone. Here's one about a potential Lowell legacy who chose NU, but Lowell was in the final 3. I keep saying the Beanpot hurts us recruiting wise.

Just realized in about 5/6 weeks, we have to start up another one of these for 2018 and beyond!
          I think there is a lot that goes into it. Some kids want to play close to home but other kids want to play in the city or go away for college. I knew of a legacy kid at Merrimack who chose a different school about 10 years ago because he didn't want to play hockey at a school 20 mins from home. It had nothing against Merrimack.
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Matt Brown was easily the best 20U player at the Hockey Essentials Northeastern College Showcase:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/col...howcase-review
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

With hard work and dedication, dreams do come true. I am absolutely thrilled to announce my commitment to UMass Lowell. #TrustTheProcess

Chase Blackmun.....defenseman from Hudson Wisconsin. He was Cedar Rapids 2nd round phase II pick

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                With hard work and dedication, dreams do come true. I am absolutely thrilled to announce my commitment to UMass Lowell. #TrustTheProcess

Chase Blackmun.....defenseman from Hudson Wisconsin. He was Cedar Rapids 2nd round phase II pick
                Good article about him here.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Another article. Senior Chase Blackmun Shines at Hudson High School

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    Well that last sentence is interesting
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                      Well that last sentence is interesting
                      A Wisco kid wanting to play at UW. Not all that surprising...
                      Monty

Comment

Reminds me of last year during the Regional game up in Manchester. Between the 2nd and the 3rd period my friend and I stepped outside to have a smoke. We ended up chatting with this old gentleman who ended up being Dylan Zink's dad. I started telling him how growing up watching this team we didn't land to many recruits from the Midwest and it was great to see us open our purview outside of the Northeast. Mr. Zink starting telling us growing up until HS all Dylan wanted to play for Wisconsin it was his goal as a Youth hockey player. The coaching staff there took no interest in him due to his size (I guess he only weighed about 155 his senior year of HS). So now after ULowell games when Dylan would record a point Mr. Zink would call the local Madison paper and they would print this info in their hockey column.

"I like to remind the Badgers coaching staff what they missed out on and look at their program now"

We all had a good laugh at that, but my point being is WI has a bevy of local youth talent. WI has no other D1 programs in the state and with so many rosters spots available its easy to pick off the kids with potential and say to them, "Come here and I guarantee you will see ice time"
                        Tully Rink Rat
                        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                        Youngstar
                        UML Class of 09

Comment

Another article on Chase Blackmun.

“The hockey setup that Lowell has is absolutely incredible. They give every opportunity to develop whether it’s the weight room, extra ice, film or whatever you need,” Blackmun said. “The guys I talked to were great people, which is what anyone wants in their teammates. In the end, Mr. Bazin, Mr. [assistant coach Cam] Ellsworth and Mr. [assistant coach Andy] Jones are three amazing coaches and knowing that they believe in me as a player and as a person, ultimately helped me decide that Lowell is the best place for me.”
                          http://www.janesvillejets.com/blackm...n-i-commitment
                          Last edited by boblav1; 08-10-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            I'm liking this kid already.

Comment

Originally posted by UML '92 View Post
                              I'm liking this kid already.
                              Same here. How is everyone feeling about the recruiting lately? It's still not quite the pipeline other schools have, but it certainly seems to be an improvement over where it was last year around this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                Same here. How is everyone feeling about the recruiting lately? It's still not quite the pipeline other schools have, but it certainly seems to be an improvement over where it was last year around this time.
                                Agreed on all counts. First, love how this kid speaks. I love anyone that shows that kind of respect (Mr. Bazin, Mr. Jones, etc).

You're right about the pipeline other schools have (for example, NU just picked up an '01 today from Stoneham). They now have 23 commits for 2018 and beyond...

But I'm excited about some of these commits, like Sterrett, Blackmuna and Kerner.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X