Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Cedar Rapids, and of course, Mark Carlson, are now becoming my favorite USHL team. The expectation is that Meehan will play one more year at Dexter, and then head to CR. Cedar Rapids already has Blackmun, Chambers and Zins.
    I didn't realize the Cedar Rapids coach is a UML alum and it looks like he's been there for almost 20 years? Has there always been a pipeline of UML recruits coming from that organization? Or is this something Norm and the staff have developed recently?
    Last edited by Middle Street; 09-19-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    I didn't realize the Cedar Rapids coach is a UML alum and it looks like he's been there for almost 20 years? Has there always been a pipeline of UML recruits coming from that organization? Or is this something Norm and the staff have developed recently?
    Carlson also coached at Northeastern, and was a finalist for the HC job 6 years ago. NU has had a great many players that were groomed in Cedar Rapids during Carlson's tenure, including Matt Felipe. I've been led to believe that he is a very "demanding" coach.

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    Carlson also coached at Northeastern, and was a finalist for the HC job 6 years ago. NU has had a great many players that were groomed in Cedar Rapids during Carlson's tenure, including Matt Felipe. I've been led to believe that he is a very "demanding" coach.
    He was also a finalist for the Lowell job that eventually went to Norm.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    In recent years, Avni Berisha and Nick Master were originally Cedar Rapids draft picks before being traded. Prior to that former River Hawks Ryan McGrath and Greg Amlong were former Roughriders. These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    He is a very demanding coach who often times is hated by players while they were in Cedar Rapids, but a few years down the road, it is amazing how many players come to realize that Carlson was preparing them for College and Ultimately pro hockey. The pipeline to NU has really picked up in recent years. Like you mentioned Filipe, Adam Gaudette, and could be 2 more on the roster this year (Neil Shea and Matt Demelis)

Was passed some info by herbst... Zins cut from the Cedar Rapids roster. Chambers and Blackmun did make it though. Not sure where Zins will wind up.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Was passed some info by herbst... Zins cut from the Cedar Rapids roster. Chambers and Blackmun did make it though. Not sure where Zins will wind up.
    The Brooks Bandits (AJHL) have acquired Cale List from Madison (USHL). I'm not sure what happen with Madison. Cale has bounced around a bit the last couple of seasons.
    http://www.brooksbandits.ca/media-ce...html?nID=11984

Also, Matthew Brown has made Dubuque's 23 man roster.
    http://www.dubuquefightingsaints.com...rer_id=1289232
    Last edited by boblav1; 10-04-2017 at 05:39 PM.

I noticed Chambers did well in the pre-season, 4pts in 5gp. Glad to see he made the roster. I was thinking he would end up playing in the NAHL.

Too bad regarding Trevor, he was a +3 so I assumed he would make it.

Reid Stefanson has made the Sioux Falls (USHL) roster.
    http://www.sfstampede.com/news_artic...rer_id=2837187

Jonathan McDonald has made the Fargo Force (USHL) roster.
    http://www.ushl.com/view/#/roster?te...ague_code=USHL

Eriks Zohovs has made the Youngstown Phantoms roster.
    http://www.ushl.com/view/#/roster?te...ague_code=USHL

Should I be worried about these guys not making their USHL team?

Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Chase Blackmun was named USHL defenseman of the week.

Thread Information