UML Recruiting, 2017+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Hearing we have a transfer coming in ... the school he originally committed to, he never played for them. Kid is originally from Texas, and is a '95 DOB.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Hearing we have a transfer coming in ... the school he originally committed to, he never played for them. Kid is originally from Texas, and is a '95 DOB.
      Interesting. Is he a transfer from another HE school?

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Mid season or next year?
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Recruit Cole Paskus scored another goal last night for Janesville and now has 9 points (7-2-9) in the last 5 games. Cole is now ranked 9th in the NAHL in scoring with 35 points (17-18-35) in 34 games played.
          Two more points (1-1-2) for Cole Paskus last night. That's 11 points in the last 6 games.

Comment

F, D, or G? Is it a decommit who can play right away since he never played or does he have to wait? Top line type of guy or fringe player? Inquiring minds want to know.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              F, D, or G? Is it a decommit who can play right away since he never played or does he have to wait? Top line type of guy or fringe player? Inquiring minds want to know.
              Goalie lol we're all set

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                Goalie lol we're all set
                Yup! But do we really think Cleary and Hernberg will be here next year and that Wall and Metcalf will last all four?

But with that, I don't think this would be a goalie.
                Last edited by riverchief1; 01-15-2017, 03:31 PM.
                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                  I used hockeydb.com to look up players that have a 95 birth year and are from Texas and I found a few potential candidates:

Chris Schutz - RMU (Hasn’t played in a game and is no longer listed on roster.)
                  Andrew Durham - Army (Hasn’t played in a game, but still listed on the roster.)
                  Jason Cotton - SHU (David Cotton’s brother, transferred from NU, hasn’t played yet presumably due to transfer rule)
                  Tyler Gernhofer - UVM (Left UVM last season having played 1 game, played rest of year in Juniors)

I think Schutz may be the most likely given he's no longer listed on the RMU roster.

All of these players are forwards.
                  Last edited by Middle Street; 01-15-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                    I used hockeydb.com to look up players that have a 95 birth year and are from Texas and I found a few potential candidates:

Chris Schutz - RMU (Hasn’t played in a game and is no longer listed on roster.)

I think Schutz may be the most likely given he's no longer listed on the RMU roster.

All of these players are forwards.
                    You might be on to something. Decent numbers for Schutz. If it's him, here's something on him from earlier this season -

"Chris Schutz is a Fort Worth, Texas native. He was the assistant captain for the Alberni Valley Bulldogs in the BCHL league. During his stint with said team, Chris played in 48 games and had 55 total points (34 goals and 21 assists). Currently, he is sidelined with an ankle injury, but is expected to return around late October. With his prolific track record and performance, Chris will surely contribute and add offensive power to the Colonials."

By the way, did we know that Michael Louria ended up at RMU?
                    Last edited by riverchief1; 01-15-2017, 05:09 PM.
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

You might be on to something. Decent numbers for Schutz. Wonder why he wasn't getting any time at RMU?
                      Some more evidence here:
                      http://burghhockey.com/rey-schutz-wo...s-second-half/

The article says he began the season injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                        Some more evidence here:
                        http://burghhockey.com/rey-schutz-wo...s-second-half/

The article says he began the season injured.
                        Interesting. Confirms what I found in the post just below yours. It has to be him. Wonder if he can play right away since he never played or if he does have to sit out a year?
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                          Interesting. Confirms what I found in the post just below yours. It has to be him. Wonder if he can play right away since he never played or if he does have to sit out a year?
                          I don't have anything to add... didn't UNh have a player that transferred to Yale then transfer back? I think he had to sit after each switch.

Paging arcane rules experts!
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Not sure, but I'm thinking the earliest he could play for Lowell would be next fall. He just turned 22, if he has to sit out next season, he'll be 23 turning 24 as a Freshman? That's old even by Lowell standards.

Also to answer your other question, yes I think someone mentioned on here that Lauria had transferred to RMU. It's very close to his hometown.

Comment

You guys were correct in your suppositions.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

You guys were correct in your suppositions.
                                We have a winner! The RMU coach didn't sound too happy in the posted article that he left the program and transferred. Maybe this is a decent pick up.
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X