https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/pla...y-northeastern
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      Interesting chart pertaining to current conversation on this thread:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/pla...y-northeastern
      How many of those teams have been in the Hockey East finals the last 5 years? Just one!
      What did you say?
      Who own the Chiefs?
      What did he say?
      Owns! Owns!

Comment

Add 1 more defenseman for this season:

Hockey Commitments
        @HockeyCommits
        Jonathan Waring(Wichita Falls Wildcats)has committed to the University of Massachusetts-Lowell for 2017-2018.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          Add 1 more defenseman for this season:

Hockey Commitments
          @HockeyCommits
          Jonathan Waring(Wichita Falls Wildcats)has committed to the University of Massachusetts-Lowell for 2017-2018.
          Walk on?
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

He was in the NAHL Top Prospects game recently. 6'2 Dman, 201 pounds. Had a 8-29-37 line in 54 games for the Wildcats. He's a '96. Gut feeling, yes, a walk-on.

Also, from Neutral Zone:
            @_Neutral_Zone
            3.25 star prospect Jonathan Waring commits to @RiverHawkHockey. Size, physical, straight line speed, contributes at both ends. @WFWildcats
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              He was in the NAHL Top Prospects game recently. 6'2 Dman, 201 pounds. Had a 8-29-37 line in 54 games for the Wildcats. He's a '96. Gut feeling, yes, a walk-on.

Also, from Neutral Zone:
              @_Neutral_Zone
              3.25 star prospect Jonathan Waring commits to @RiverHawkHockey. Size, physical, straight line speed, contributes at both ends. @WFWildcats
              NAHL press release

Comment

Neutral Zone Q&A with recent Lowell commit Chase Blackmun.

Some good stuff about the youngster in this, including
                “A balanced skater with the ability to close gaps and take away time and space from opponents makes Blackmun tough to play against or get around,” said Director of US Scouting Brian Murphy. “He’s also a sure-passer with a firm, actuate delivery. He has a big shot and can score from the point and wins battles consistently in all three zones.”
                You recently committed to play college hockey at Umass Lowell in Hockey East. What factored into your decision to commit to Lowell?

After touring Lowell I knew it was the place for me. The facilities are top notch, the education is top notch and the coaches are terrific. It’s a great place to develop and a great place to win. In the end I had that gut feeling that Lowell was where I wanted to play hockey and go to school. I first started talking to the coaching staff in the spring. There were other schools but when it comes down to it, you want a be at the best place to develop as a hockey player, a student and as a person. Luckily for me I know I found that place in Lowell.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Lowell recruits on the USHL 30-Man Rosters & Affiliate Lists that were released today.

Cedar Rapids - Chase Blackmun, Brian Chambers, Trevor Zins
                  Dubuque - Matthew Brown
                  Fargo - Jonathan McDonald
                  Madison - Cale List
                  Sioux City - Clark Kerner (Affiliate List)
                  Sioux Falls - Reid Stefanson

The teams will need to reduce their rosters to 23 by October 3, 2017.
                  http://www.ushl.com/news_article/sho...rer_id=2650742

I didn't see Jackson Sterrett listed. I wonder where he'll play this season.

Comment

Northeastern staying busy. They got commitments from two highly rated '02's in the past couple of days.

Comment

Lowell has a total of 9 commitments on their list. Northeastern has 8 for 2020 or later. Wow.
                      Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      Northeastern staying busy. They got commitments from two highly rated '02's in the past couple of days.
                      Monty

Comment

Interesting points being made my Mike McMahon on twitter regarding the rush on future commits. Here's some that those that follow recruiting will appreciate.

He went and looked at current rosters, and then added in the commits while removing graduations ... and for the 2019/2020 season (which is just two years away)... UVM currently shows as having a whopping 33 players on their roster that season. 6 will have over 30. Lowell is dead last with 17 currently.

These are all from @MikeMcMahonCHN
                        here's some data just on Hockey East. Here are projected 2019-20 rosters using data from @collegehockey ... 6 HEA schools have 30+ players.
                        That first tweet has a chart that goes with it, so here's the actual tweet...
                        https://***********/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...16520940474368

More from Mike:
                        5 programs have 20+ forwards alone projected on those rosters. I understand some sign early, but look at Lowell?
                        Lowell has the least kids committed and they should be the model nowadays. They aren't recruiting young. The kids they recruit they know fit
                        obviously, those teams aren't going to have 30+ players. Some do sign early, but others will be cut.
                        We're 2 years away from 2019-20 and Lowell doesn't even have close to a full team. And you know what? They'll be a top-3 team in the league.
                        Monty

Comment

It appears Jackson Sterrett will play for the Skipjacks in the USPHL this season.

A nice article on the Skipjacks program.
                          http://www.ydr.com/story/sports/2017...bed/613600001/

Comment

Lowell Picks up another commitment from a player with Cedar Rapids ties. Affiliate Ben Meehan (Dexter Prep) has committed to the River Hawks.

He joins current Roughriders Brian Chambers, Trevor Zins, and Chase Blackmum with commitments to UML

Comment

Elite Prospects

6' Left Handed D-man from Walpole. And he's an '01, so thats new and cool.

SBNation Piece 1

Ben Meehan, #4 Blue, 4/20/01, Defense, Shoots Left, Dexter School (Prep) - He didn’t stand out as obviously as he does when going up against his age group, but he was impressive nonetheless. He pushes possession, makes quick and poised decisions and has a good stick.
                              Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 09-16-2017, 10:44 AM.
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                                Lowell Picks up another commitment from a player with Cedar Rapids ties. Affiliate Ben Meehan (Dexter Prep) has committed to the River Hawks.

He joins current Roughriders Brian Chambers, Trevor Zins, and Chase Blackmum with commitments to UML
                                Thanks Scott!

Ben is a (2001) defenseman. I believe he's the son of former River Hawk Scott Meehan.
                                http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=499017

Comment

Working...
                                X