UML Recruiting, 2017+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Matthew Brown interview from the Dubuque camp.

https://***********/fightingsaints/s...31262148128770

Comment

Boston Advantage forward Brian Chambers has committed to Lowell. Speedy winger who made the top 40 game in Cedar Rapids Camp in June.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
        Boston Advantage forward Brian Chambers has committed to Lowell. Speedy winger who made the top 40 game in Cedar Rapids Camp in June.
        Thanks Scott.

An 18 year old forward, played 12 games (3-1-4) for the Northeast Generals (NAHL) last season.
        http://nahl.com/game-center/player?p...5371&season=38

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=446170
        Last edited by boblav1; 07-08-2017, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Thanks Scott.

An 18 year old forward, played 12 games (3-1-4) for the Northeast Generals (NAHL) last season.
          http://nahl.com/game-center/player?p...5371&season=38

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=446170
          I figured with the little amount of time, he's spent in the NAHL, he was at least a year away. Hockey Commitments says he'll be in for 19/20 season.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            I figured with the little amount of time, he's spent in the NAHL, he was at least a year away. Hockey Commitments says he'll be in for 19/20 season.
            It will interesting to see how he does with a full season in the NAHL or USHL. He finished second in scoring in the T1EHL U18 last season before moving on to the NAHL. It sounds like he had a good camp with Cedar Rapids.

Scott Herbst‏ @herbst20
            Nice pick up for Lowell. Great showing at Cedar Rapids camp. Kid has serious speed. Made the top 40 game

Comment

Forward Erik Zohovs has been accepted into UML but has yet to be cleared by the NCAA. Norm mentioned they may also bring in another defenseman.

Hopefully the NCAA will clear Zohovs before the season starts.
              I've been told that Zohovs has been cleared.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                Thanks Scott. That's great news.

Comment

Press release on Brian Chambers.

http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=21305

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    Here's a copy of an article from today's Sun about Zohovs. Interesting that someone is questioning his eligibility.

Latvia native to skate for River Hawks

By Barry Scanlon
                    bscanlon@lowellsun.com
                    LOWELL — Last year’s UMass Lowell hockey team featured players from five countries — the U.S., Canada, France, Sweden and Finland.
                    Coach Norm Bazin doesn’t care about zip codes. He just wants players who buy into his system and who are willing to work hard.
                    To that end, the River Hawks are excited to add a player from Latvia to their incoming freshman class.
                    Erik Zohovs, who scored 39 points in 32 games for Shreveport of the North American Hockey League, has been cleared by the NCAA and will be on campus Thursday, according to Bazin.
                    “We’re looking forward to see if he can contribute offensively in time. We like his upside,” Bazin said.
                    Zohovs, who committed to UML last November, was the subject of a email sent to The Sun and the UML hockey office on Monday claiming he had played professionally in Latvia and was thus ineligible to play college hockey.
                    “I can tell you there’s no truth to it,” Bazin said. “There’s no substance to it. There’s no credibility to it. Bazin believes the email was sent by a fan of an opposing school. He called The Sun on Tuesday to refute the accusation.
                    Zohovs missed 2 1 ⁄ 2 months last season with Shreveport due to a broken wrist, but returned for the end of the season.
                    Zohovs joins an incoming class which features defensemen Croix Evingson (Anchorage, Alaska) and Anthony Baxter (Oakville, Ontario), and forwards Charles Levesque (Russell, Ontario) and Connor Sodergren (Tewksbury).

The River Hawks have also netted a verbal commitment from Weymouth native Brian Chambers. Chambers, 18, will play next season for Cedar Rapids in the United States Hockey League. He may arrive at UML for the 2019-20 season.
                    The 6-foot-1, 180-pound forward starred at Weymouth High before playing for the Boston Advantage’s Tier 1 team. In 30 regular-season games last season for Boston Advantage, Chambers pocketed 18 goals and 30 assists.
                    He ended the season with the Northeast Generals of the North American Hockey League, scoring three goals and adding an assist in 12 games.
                    Follow Barry Scanlon on Twitter@ BarryScanlonSun

Comment

Here's a copy of an article from today's Sun about Zohovs. Interesting that someone is questioning his eligibility.
                      What kind of person do you have to be to go after a kid like that? Whoever it was better have some proof or he's just screwing with a kid's college experience.
                      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        What kind of person do you have to be to go after a kid like that? Whoever it was better have some proof or he's just screwing with a kid's college experience.
                        A vindictive person with a lot of time on his hands. He emailed me and a bunch of other college hockey media members.
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                          A vindictive person with a lot of time on his hands. He emailed me and a bunch of other college hockey media members.
                          Pathetic. (Not you Jeff, that person).
                          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                            This is pretty bizarre that someone would go to this length.

Since Zohovs was just cleared by the NCAA I assume they looked at everything, educational and playing history.

Comment

Given his comments last season about UML recruiting "older kids" this reeks of the handy work of that Comm Ave DB David Quinn
                              Tully Rink Rat
                              Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                              Youngstar
                              UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                                Given his comments last season about UML recruiting "older kids" this reeks of the handy work of that Comm Ave DB David Quinn
                                To accuse bu of such an act is simply delicious! If only there was proof. I would start my search by considering which other schools were recruiting the boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X