UML Recruiting, 2017+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML Recruiting, 2017+

I'm going to let the old thread die (which was here) down because that goes all the way back to 2014.

Here's the 2017 roster, as currently constituted. I'm going to put Wall in for 2017 for now, as I can't see all three expected goalies staying till 2018 if they're not getting a chance (and I'd guess at least one will leave).

I'd personally be shocked if every single veteran player listed sticks on the roster from now till the start of the 2017 season, so I'd venture that there will be 2/3 more recruits planned for this class.

Outside of the potential of Wall slipping out to 2018, Lowell is the only HE program that doesn't have a 2018 or later commit.

17/18 roster

Defense (9):
    Senior: Chris Forney, Tyler Mueller, Tommy Panico
    Juniors: Avni Berisha, Niklas Folin, Jacob Townsend
    Sophomore: Mattias Goransson
    Freshmen: Cale List, Trevor Zins

Forwards (15):
    Seniors: Ryan Collins, John Edwardh, Gage Hough, Jake Kamrass, Mike Louria, CJ Smith
    Juniors: Ryan Dmowski, Nick Master, Connor Wilson
    Sophomores: Kenny Hausinger, Guillaume LeClerc, Ryan Lohin, Nicholas Marin, Colin O’Neill, James Winkler
    Freshmen:

Goalies (4):
    Juniors: Sean Cleary, Chris Hernberg
    Sophomore: Garrett Metcalf
    Freshmen: Tyler Wall

This leaves us at 28 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2017/2018 being:
    Seniors: 9
    Juniors: 8
    Sophomores: 6
    Freshmen: 3
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

So we'll likely see one more late forward signing I would have to guess. Wasn't Cleary a borderline draft pick a couple years ago (like 5th round projection). Last year can't count as a red shirt right?
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      So we'll likely see one more late forward signing I would have to guess. Wasn't Cleary a borderline draft pick a couple years ago (like 5th round projection). Last year can't count as a red shirt right?
      Red shirts can't be applied for retroactively aside from medical redshirts... Medical red shirts can only apply if a player plays in less than 20% of the team's games
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        Red shirts can't be applied for retroactively aside from medical redshirts... Medical red shirts can only apply if a player plays in less than 20% of the team's games
        Thanks for the explanation, I thought I rendered something like that.
        BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

The NAHL is coming to North Attleboro, MA. Northeast Generals accepted into the NAHL for the 2016-17 season

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            The NAHL is coming to North Attleboro, MA. Northeast Generals accepted into the NAHL for the 2016-17 season
            Wow, that team will have to do some travelling.
            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              the stuff people will do to get into a good college

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

I wonder if the team will play a schedule that's mostly against other teams in the East division with maybe a few trips to keep travel and costs down

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  I wonder if the team will play a schedule that's mostly against other teams in the East division with maybe a few trips to keep travel and costs down
                  Makes sense.

Glad to see them expanding here though because the two best US leagues are a long way from New England. The old EJHL wasn't bad, but the new version ... not so much.
                  Monty

Comment

Makes sense.

Glad to see them expanding here though because the two best US leagues are a long way from New England. The old EJHL wasn't bad, but the new version ... not so much.
                    how do these teams survive? Do they get enough local support to break even? Pay to play? Benefactors?

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

All marketing.
                      Zero attendance
                      Look at Chicago in Ushl, less fans than at a hs game around here. To many other options as a consumer
                      The lure of Ushl, bchl and to some extent, NAHL is the fact you don't pay the ten thousand plus they charge around here, plus all equipment etc is free
                      No one is coming to Attleboro to watch and all it is will be a glorified way to pretend they are above USPHL, which they are not

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        All marketing.
                        Zero attendance
                        Look at Chicago in Ushl, less fans than at a hs game around here. To many other options as a consumer
                        The lure of Ushl, bchl and to some extent, NAHL is the fact you don't pay the ten thousand plus they charge around here, plus all equipment etc is free
                        No one is coming to Attleboro to watch and all it is will be a glorified way to pretend they are above USPHL, which they are not
                        you didn't answer the question

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          Hoky, honestly I figured you might have some good insight here, but its an NAHL team thats moving. Feels like its a good way for players to stay close to home and within easy reach of a lot of College programs, but if its competing against high school for the players and the travel is as extreme as I feel like it will be it will definitely be difficult. That said, more opportunities and more hockey the better
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                            Hoky, honestly I figured you might have some good insight here, but its an NAHL team thats moving. Feels like its a good way for players to stay close to home and within easy reach of a lot of College programs, but if its competing against high school for the players and the travel is as extreme as I feel like it will be it will definitely be difficult. That said, more opportunities and more hockey the better
                            But they won't stay for this. This is a glorified USPHL at best team
                            No elite kid would stay here and play when they can go to Ushl or bchl.
                            To much competition for your dollar. No one is laying ten cents to watch a game in Attleboro. Like all of the other developments like this one, the third owner will have an outside shot of making money.

Go to Ushl, bchl you walk in... They hand you free tuition, pay someone to house you, equipment from head to toe, 20 custom sticks, 2 pair of high end skates, everything. All meals, hotels, travel, off ice on and on is covered
                            The key here is also the coaching staffs, very high end

This Attleboro team will charge money which means it is no different than any other mass region junior team

I also don't agree with the more the better. So many teams it's a comedy act. No parity and coaches don't feel comfortable taking a kid as they have no clue what his true level is. They go to Ushl and bchl and offer on spot if they like player
                            USPHL top 5 are all better option by a mike than this team

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              how do these teams survive? Do they get enough local support to break even? Pay to play? Benefactors?
                              It's simply USPHL with fake affiliation

Ushl teams get thousands a night with tickets 15-25 bucks, ton of concessions and sponsors
                              That won't happen here

Sioux Falls attendance is 185000 so far, over 6500 a game

Add that up and picture some seriously overweight people pounding food

I was at a game earlier this year, a mom in front of me weighed about 240, had two 40 ounce beers, extra large nachos and was feeding her 9 month old Pepsi and an industrial sized bag of skittles. I was looking around for the banjo...
                              No diabetes issues in Midwest ....

But they go as it's the only game in town

Comment

Working...
                              X