• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    I
    Also this...
    @JeffCoxSports
    Dismissed, Dennis Kravchenko, UMass' second leading goal scorer in 2015-16, has already been in contact with at least 1 Hockey East school.
    I'm pretty sure it won't be NU.

Comment

I
      Also this...
      @JeffCoxSports
      Dismissed, Dennis Kravchenko, UMass' second leading goal scorer in 2015-16, has already been in contact with at least 1 Hockey East school.
      I'm pretty sure it won't be NU.

Comment

• Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        I'd be curious about him as well, as I thought he was pretty good for them. I'd imagine this is the same situation as Boyle though and they'd have to sit.

Also this...
        @JeffCoxSports
        Fear the Triangle article on the departing UMass players.
        https://fearthetriangle.com/2016/06/...-umass-hockey/

Kravchenko is going to be the toughest to replace. However, based on some things I heard throughout and following the season, he may not have been able to stay on the team even if there weren’t a coaching change. In fact even before the season ended I thought there was a good chance he may leave on his own volition.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Fear the Triangle article on the departing UMass players.
          https://fearthetriangle.com/2016/06/...-umass-hockey/
          Interesting. If he produces close to a point per game, and there is some looming eligibility issue, he'll probably just go pro.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            I thought if a player was cut they may have the option to play right away. I could be wrong.
            If they drop down to D-III, they can play right away.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              I thought if a player was cut they may have the option to play right away. I could be wrong.
              It's confusing because Greg Amlong left the program a couple of seasons ago (allegedly cut) and was allowed to play immediately at RIT. I believe there was an option for the player in that circumstance to appeal and have that transfer year requirement waived, however I believe I read somewhere on this board that the NCAA has since revoked that option to appeal.

Very hard to keep track of these things, its always changing, and policies never seem to be consistent across each sport and division level.

Comment

Amherst upgrade in net

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                  Interesting. If he produces close to a point per game, and there is some looming eligibility issue, he'll probably just go pro.
                  That may happen. Kravchenko is currently 22 and will have to sit out a year. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. It appears he's had a history of off ice issues that may limit the interest.

Comment

Congrats to Tyler Wall (6th Rd NYR) & Ryan Lohin (7th rd TBL) for getting drafted today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                      Congrats to Tyler Wall (6th Rd NYR) & Ryan Lohin (7th rd TBL) for getting drafted today.
                      The school published a release. It looks like Tyler Wall will be on the roster this upcoming season.
                      http://goriverhawks.com/news/2016/6/...nhl-draft.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                        The school published a release. It looks like Tyler Wall will be on the roster this upcoming season.
                        http://goriverhawks.com/news/2016/6/...nhl-draft.aspx
                        Yeah, I found that interesting. Team hasn't released anything about this.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Looks like to many puck stoppers 4 on roster interesting

Comment

We should find out pretty soon. I believe most of the recruits will be in Lowell in the next week or so to begin taking summer classes and working out. They usually introduce the incoming class at the STH cookout which is on July 12.

If they decide to bring Wall in early the coaching staff must feel he's ready to compete for playing time. Hopefully they're right.

Comment

I was told that we will indeed have 4 goalies on the roster this season.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

With Wall coming in this year, Lowell now has just two commits for the future.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X