AIC, 2016 and beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AIC, 2016 and beyond.

Is there someone who follows AIC Hockey who can let us know their thoughts on the program this season? New arena to play in, new coach, player recruitment (12 freshmen I believe), some success with promise of more in the years to come as freshmen develop and gain experience....what are the thoughts on the direction of the program and the initial results to date?

With teams allowed to go 18 scholarships, will AIC invest and strengthen their program even more?

You do not turn a big ship around on a dime, but initial signs look positive from this harbor. Wondering how AIC fans are feeling about this season?

Comment

Definitely more investment in the program. They're better, but there is still a long way to go.
      Seems like every time AIC gets better, the league also gets better.
      Can't score vs Army. That needs to stop.
      They have to play an absolute perfect game vs Canisius, and they didn't. Canisius took advantage of little mistakes and seemed to score on every quality chance they had, and AIC did not. We couldn't finish.
      Similar to the first RIT game and the Maine games. We had chances, but when we don't finish and the other does finish their chances, it looks like a blowout.

If AIC scored on every chance they had in the Niagara games, they would have scored 20 goals each game, if not more. I could not believe how many 3-2 and 2-1s they had. They kept on coming. It was such a stark change vs Canisius where we got two all game.

They already have 5 or 6 recruits for next year. And they only have 3 seniors.

It will be interesting to see how they play vs Holy Cross, a 500 team that they took 3 points from early in the season. Holy Cross was tight, but we were persistant and full of energy. I thought the energy was really low in the second Canisius game. Either that or Canisius just totally overpowered us.
      It could possibly be the last chance for points, because we have Air Force and Army after this series.

Comment

Never worry too much about a particular opponent, many times it comes down to certain teams and their style of play and how that matches up with the opponent. A high placed team can perform poorly versus a lower standing team, seen it many times over the years as certain teams have other teams numbers.

For number of players Mercyhurst lists 30, Niagara 29, Canisius 29, Sacred Heart 29. Air Force 28....AIC with 27 has some cap room to spare!

Good luck on the remainder of the season time to peak is another month away yet.

Comment

For the guy who wanted the AIC jerseys. Three varieties of game worn jerseys were for sale at last night's game. You got one more chance to get them (probably) at the last home game.

Comment

That was a great (and unexpected) thing the team did. I bought one for myself and a few for friends.

Comment

Also, curious if anyone has seen the list of commitments to AIC that College Hockey, Inc. has posted (link is http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/commitments.php). They're reporting TEN commits. That's a large group considering we have just three seniors, but I trust that Coach Lang and the staff know what they're doing (and based on this year's freshman class and their results, I feel pretty confident in that trust.)

Comment

Out at Air Force this weekend. Compiled career stats for all our players vs. the Falcons...

Player
                Bryant Christian: 8 GP 0-2-2
                Andrew DeBrincat: 8 GP 0-2-2
                Marc Dubeau: 2 GP 1-1-2
                Carson Grolla: 9 GP 0-2-2
                Jackson Dudley: 4 GP 0-0-0
                Johno May: 8 GP 3-4-7
                Shawn McBride: 2 GP 0-0-0
                Johnny Mueller: 2 GP 0-0-0
                Austin Orszulak: 9 GP 3-2-5
                Ryan Polin: 2 GP 0-0-0
                Dominic Racobaldo: 8 GP 0-0-0

Alex Murray: 7 GP (5 GS), 0-5-0, .855 SV%, 33 GA, 195 SV, 323:35 TOI
                Last edited by AICJacketsVoice; 02-09-2017, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Series preview is up on our website. http://www.aicyellowjackets.com/news...air-force.aspx is the link. Friday's game will be on ASN!

Comment

All I can say about that game is that there's going to be plenty of work done on this team in the bye week we have next week.

Comment

Senior Week! It'll be interesting to see the emotions from Eric Lang since he really has two senior nights this week, AIC's Thursday and then Army's Saturday.

Comment

Ready for your head to hurt? Here are the possible scenarios for who AIC will play next weekend, based on all possible combinations of outcomes:

Who finishes 7th if…
                        1. Mercyhurst beats RIT, Holy Cross earns 4 points vs. Bentley: Bentley
                        2. Mercyhurst beats RIT, Holy Cross earns 3 points vs. Bentley: Bentley
                        3. Mercyhurst beats RIT, Holy Cross earns 2 points vs. Bentley: Bentley
                        4. Mercyhurst beats RIT, Holy Cross earns 1 point vs. Bentley: Holy Cross
                        5. Mercyhurst beats RIT, Holy Cross earns 0 points vs. Bentley: Holy Cross

6. Mercyhurst ties RIT, Holy Cross earns 4 points vs. Bentley: RIT
                        7. Mercyhurst ties RIT, Holy Cross earns 3 points vs. Bentley: Bentley
                        8. Mercyhurst ties RIT, Holy Cross earns 2 points vs. Bentley via W-L: Mercyhurst if Canisius wins AHC, Bentley if Air Force wins AHC, based on 5th tiebreaker (head-to-head W% vs. league’s champion)
                        9. Mercyhurst ties RIT, Holy Cross earns 2 points vs. Bentley via T-T: Bentley, based on losing 2nd tiebreaker vs. Mercyhurst (conference wins)
                        10. Mercyhurst ties RIT, Holy Cross earns 1 point vs. Bentley: Holy Cross, based on losing 2nd tiebreaker vs. Mercyhurst (conference wins)
                        11. Mercyhurst ties RIT, Holy Cross earns 0 points vs. Bentley: Holy Cross

12. Mercyhurst loses to RIT, Holy Cross earns 4 points vs. Bentley: Mercyhurst, based on 1st tiebreaker vs. RIT (head-to-head)
                        13. Mercyhurst loses to RIT, Holy Cross earns 3 points vs. Bentley: Mercyhurst if Canisius wins AHC, Bentley if Air Force wins AHC, based on losing 1st tiebreaker with RIT (head-to-head), then based on losing 5th tiebreaker with Bentley (head-to-head W% vs. league’s champion)
                        14. Mercyhurst loses to RIT, Holy Cross earns 2 points vs. Bentley: RIT, based on winning 1st tiebreaker with Mercyhurst (head-to-head)
                        15. Mercyhurst loses to RIT, Holy Cross earns 1 point vs. Bentley: RIT, based on winning 1st tiebreaker with Mercyhurst (head-to-head)
                        16. Mercyhurst loses to RIT, Holy Cross earns 0 points vs. Bentley: Holy Cross, based on having the 2nd-best record in the head-to-head matchups in the three-way tie between themselves, RIT, and Mercyhurst.

Comment

...and we get Mercyhurst. Well, bring on the long bus ride. After a win like tonight's, I truly believe we can take anyone. The Lakers have a hell of a team, too. It'll be a great series.

Comment

Originally posted by AICJacketsVoice View Post
                            ...and we get Mercyhurst. Well, bring on the long bus ride. After a win like tonight's, I truly believe we can take anyone. The Lakers have a hell of a team, too. It'll be a great series.
                            I was at the Army-AIC game tonight. Lots of grittiness on this AIC team, players throwing themselves all over the ice to protect their net and at the other end making the most of their opportunities.. The OT goal was a sweet top shelf goal right in front of me. Well deserved win and good luck against the Lakers.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                              I was at the Army-AIC game tonight. Lots of grittiness on this AIC team, players throwing themselves all over the ice to protect their net and at the other end making the most of their opportunities.. The OT goal was a sweet top shelf goal right in front of me. Well deserved win and good luck against the Lakers.
                              Janis Jaks had a great weekend for us. Tying goal Thursday, winner Saturday. 5-6-11. Not bad for a rookie D-man. Demel, who set up the winner Saturday, was 4-4-8 in 12 games too. Great foundation, especially with Mueller and DeBrincat back next year.

Comment

Now that play-offs have come to an end for AIC, it is time to appreciate the contributions of the Senior Players and discuss if this season has met or exceeded the expectations for the 2016/2017 class.

First off AIC will be graduating four players in Austin Orszulak (F), Daniel Mele (F), Carson Grolla (D) & Dominic Racobaldo (D). Like each and every team it is sad to see senior players’ play their final college game, so congratulations for each of them for entertaining us throughout the years.

The 2016/2017 season brought with it a lot of excitement in a new coach and rather large freshmen class of players, a revitalized outlook and possibilities for a more competitive team. Having followed some of that excitement I had penciled in AIC for an 8th place finish, perhaps a bit bullish however from the standings just a few mere points away from that accomplishment.

The first round play-off series might be a dis-appointment for some, however they showed a competitive drive to win losing by a single goal in the first game, then kept it close for a period and a half before dropping the second game. AIC may just be the youngest team in Atlantic Hockey, has speed and size built in, all signs point to an even more competitive team as only a couple of additional wins can catapult them right up the standings.

Great opening salvo guys, the train has left the station and everyone is definitely on board!

In this league any team can win on a given night proven by Niagara in the first round, over the next four or five years that trend should continue as teams slowly add additional players and expand their scholarship base to 18 deep. I believe many teams will expand their scholarship base slowly rather than all at once, in the end however teams will be deeper talent wise and all fans win in that scenario.

For AIC fans was this season everything you envisioned, are you stoked for 2017/2018?

Comment

Working...
                                X