RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Re: AIC, 2016 and beyond.

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
          First off AIC will be graduating four players in Austin Orszulak (F), Daniel Mele (F), Carson Grolla (D) & Dominic Racobaldo (D). Like each and every team it is sad to see senior players’ play their final college game, so congratulations for each of them for entertaining us throughout the years.
          Just tossing out there that Racobaldo redshirted the 2015-16 season and is eligible to play in 2017-18. As far as I know he's going to stay with us and use that eligibility.

Comment

I stand corrected on that one. I usually review the page college hockey stats page for the majority of details seeing it is all in a single location, checking the team page it has the player listed as a R-Jr.

Every team can use an experienced D man in this league and Mr. Racobaldo will sure help bring a little more success for the program.

Your team has so many talented freshmen on their roster it will be fun watching from the sideline over the next few years. Great hockey sweaters/jerseys and hats, going to get me one of those for sure when I finally make the pilgrimage out there.

Comment

Question for you AIC historians. I'm trying to put together a comprehensive database of all NCAA teams and I'm having trouble with AIC's history. USCHO and a few other sources seem to have conflicting info on your NCAA division. The consensus is that you joined D-1 in 1998-1999 in the MAAC.

Prior to that, one source says D-III in the ECAC East from 1985/86 to 1997/98. Is that correct? Were you D-III for all of those years, or were some D-II?

Then there's 1964/65 - 1984/85. The same source says ECAC 2 was your conference and it was D-II. Is that correct?

What about the years before that? When did you officially join the NCAA at any level? Were there any club teams that you're aware of?

I have game data going back to 1948-1949 but it's hard to nail down the details of those seasons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Question for you AIC historians. I'm trying to put together a comprehensive database of all NCAA teams and I'm having trouble with AIC's history. USCHO and a few other sources seem to have conflicting info on your NCAA division. The consensus is that you joined D-1 in 1998-1999 in the MAAC.

Prior to that, one source says D-III in the ECAC East from 1985/86 to 1997/98. Is that correct? Were you D-III for all of those years, or were some D-II?

Then there's 1964/65 - 1984/85. The same source says ECAC 2 was your conference and it was D-II. Is that correct?

What about the years before that? When did you officially join the NCAA at any level? Were there any club teams that you're aware of?

I have game data going back to 1948-1949 but it's hard to nail down the details of those seasons.

NCAA DII and DIII teams historically played in the same conferences for the most part. AIC was an NCAA DII school but most of their schedule prior to '98 was against DIII opponents. The two divisions had separate national championships from the late 70's to the mid 80's and then again during most of the 90's, but they effectively played the same regular season with each other. It get's confusing with the ECAC. The ECAC had conferences called the ECAC DII and ECAC DIII, but these actually predate the NCAA split into Divisions I, II and III. The ECAC DII and DIII designations basically just referred to level of play of the teams (ECAC DII was a little better). Both conferences had a mix of NCAA DII and NCAA DIII schools. Sometimes you'll read about DIII schools like Salem State playing "DII hockey" and Bentley playing "DIII hockey" but this actually just refers to the ECAC conference they were in, which wasn't necessarily the same as their NCAA Division. I think the confusion is part of the reason why the DII/DIII ECAC conferences eventually changed their names to East, Northeast, etc.
                Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

That... is not good news (but I do appreciate it). I knew it was a small clusterfark for DIi/DIII, but I guess I didn't realize it was that screwed up.

Is there a good central resource to find out whether a school was in a particular division? I've been using Wikipedia, schools' websites, new and old media guides, USCHO, and hockeydb for the most part. There seems to be quite a bit of conflicting info.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Single source AIC historian=Gary Wright. However, NCAA only sponsored division II hockey between from the 1977-78 to 1983-84 seasons and again from the 1992-93 to 1998-99 seasons. NCAA sponsored Division III hockey beginning with the 1983-84 season to present day. Anything prior to 1977-78 would, by NCAA standards, be considered simply, "NCAA Hockey". Commonly the records from NCAA Hockey have been combined with modern (post-1977-78) NCAA Division I statistics. ECAC saw it differently and created a sub-divisions based on competitive balance (aka $), or as previously stated, an historical clusterfark. Hope this helps.
                    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

No I think it really does help. I'm crunching the data* to make sure there are no errors between sources, teams, years, scores, game location, etc.

*its a massive process that I usually run overnight. Every year takes 2-5 minutes to crunch. With over 100 years it can take hours.

This is going to complicate the calculations but makes sure the data is good.
                      Code:

Comment

Bump to keep the Yellow Jackets thread on these two pages. You are welcome.

Comment

Any predictions where the team places this year? I say 4th behind Air Force, Holy Cross, and Bobby Mo. Best I can tell, no one has an incoming class of this caliber except Holy Cross. Plus, we got the St. Cloud transfer, Papa, looking to prove something.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather Lungs View Post
                            Any predictions where the team places this year? I say 4th behind Air Force, Holy Cross, and Bobby Mo. Best I can tell, no one has an incoming class of this caliber except Holy Cross. Plus, we got the St. Cloud transfer, Papa, looking to prove something.
                            Incoming class as in all the returnee's from last season or specifically freshmen? Will be pretty tough to raise from 11th in the league to 4th, only list I have seen so far comes from the entrylevelcontract site (blog) which also has a very good write up on every single Atlantic Hockey Team. It is a bit of a search to find the articles, you need to put your team in the search box as not all articles are listed on the main page.

Canisius
                            https://entrylevelcontract.wordpress...sius-griffins/

Air Force
                            https://entrylevelcontract.wordpress...force-falcons/

Army
                            https://entrylevelcontract.wordpress...black-knights/

Robert Morris
                            https://entrylevelcontract.wordpress.../31/__trashed/

Holy Cross
                            https://entrylevelcontract.wordpress...oss-crusaders/

RIT
                            https://entrylevelcontract.wordpress...ws-rit-tigers/

Mercyhurst
                            https://entrylevelcontract.wordpress...yhurst-lakers/

Bentley
                            https://entrylevelcontract.wordpress...ntley-falcons/

Sacred Heart
                            https://entrylevelcontract.wordpress...eart-pioneers/

AIC
                            https://entrylevelcontract.wordpress...ellow-jackets/

Niagara
                            https://entrylevelcontract.wordpress...purple-eagles/

And here is their predictions......

2017 / 2018 SEASON PREDICTIONS……….
                            https://entrylevelcontract.wordpress...ey-prediction/

The Atlantic Hockey coach's poll should be out soon enough, that will give us plenty of time for discussion and putting finger to keyboard on our 2017 / 2018 standings. I have my lists already made, patience however as we wait for final additions to teams.

I am going to POST this in the Atlantic Hockey thread as it is more appropriate to all teams.....if you wish to explore the AIC team post here, if it is on predictions let's keep it in the Atlantic Hockey thread for posting please.
                            Last edited by Blitz; 08-22-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                              Incoming class as in all the returnee's from last season or specifically freshmen? Will be pretty tough to raise from 11th in the league to 4th, only list I have seen so far comes from the entrylevelcontract site (blog) which also has a very good write up on every single Atlantic Hockey Team.
                              Sorry, I meant incoming class, although it now appears Murin, Kane, and Stefka have been pushed back to 2018-19. I'll admit 4th is highly optimistic, but if the team makes a quarter of the jump in CORSI that it made from 2015-16 to 2016-17, watch out.

Sacred Heart and Canisius are looking at setbacks this season. I don't think it's crazy anymore to think AIC can get to Rochester. And with single elimination, who knows? Maybe they steal an autobid from Air Force or RMU. I'm not betting money on it, but I'd sure as hell love to see it.
                              Last edited by Leather Lungs; 08-30-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X