Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell, 2016 Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    ND = Fake Hockey East. If it wasn't for Lowell's total domination of them and the almost guaranteed points, I'd be perfectly happy if they were just gone now and didn't bother with the lame duck season.
    Sure, completely agree. But I think most (read anyone who doesn't think the midget in Burlington) would agree that the best returning goalie in Hockey East will be suiting up for the golden domers.
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      Sure, completely agree. But I think most (read anyone who doesn't think the midget in Burlington) would agree that the best returning goalie in Hockey East will be suiting up for the golden domers.
      They are on the schedule next year and they play for a league title... And it sounds like the league doesn't have any rules on schools that state their intent to leave...
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        They are on the schedule next year and they play for a league title... And it sounds like the league doesn't have any rules on schools that state their intent to leave...
        Besides the quarter million or whatever they have to play for leaving
        BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
          ND = Fake Hockey East. If it wasn't for Lowell's total domination of them and the almost guaranteed points, I'd be perfectly happy if they were just gone now and didn't bother with the lame duck season.
          I'm just going to pretend they are OOC games, it gives me something to be cheerful about going into next season
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
            Most definitely now that Dumko is gone.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Considering we know what Coach Bazin makes, I found it really interesting to see what Coach York makes.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                Considering we know what Coach Bazin makes, I found it really interesting to see what Coach York makes.
                To think it's gotten that high though i would have to imagine he's the highest paid.

We'll keep norm as long as he's satisfied in life... It depends entirely on his dreams and goals.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  And the 'athletes' end up with a sort of education. Wow. That is ridiculous

Comment

The schedule for next season should be released next week. The past 4 years it was released on July 20, July 2, June 28, and June 7 so this is very early.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      The schedule for next season should be released next week. The past 4 years it was released on July 20, July 2, June 28, and June 7 so this is very early.
                      I'm not a big fan of this.

‏@MikeMcMahonCHN
                      According to a Fenway source teams have not been finalized but Frozen Fenway will return for next season. Likely 4 games over 2 Saturdays.

The coaches convention begins tomorrow through Sunday.
                      http://www.ahcahockey.com/
                      Last edited by boblav1; 04-26-2016, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        I'm not a big fan of this.

The coaches convention begins tomorrow through Sunday.
                        http://www.ahcahockey.com/
                        Agree. Haven't heard anyone who thought it was worth it. Stayed at home,warm, drank a mug of cocoa and listened to everyone moan about conditions, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Agree. Haven't heard anyone who thought it was worth it. Stayed at home,warm, drank a mug of cocoa and listened to everyone moan about conditions, etc.
                          The novelty of outdoor games has worn off. Lowell played once, don't need to do it again. From what I've heard, they won't be involved this time, which is fine by me.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            The novelty of outdoor games has worn off. Lowell played once, don't need to do it again. From what I've heard, they won't be involved this time, which is fine by me.
                            I didn't like that we were treated as an afterthought in the first place. We know we're low priority but it took so **** long.

That Joey B acted like a ball-less chump and didn't move the game indoors because of the rain and the Red Sox refusal to reschedule. He ceded all power just to suck up to a group that didn't really care.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Outdoor game was something different loved it who ever was not interested stay away old farts and drink lousy coco kick it up a notch

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                                Outdoor game was something different loved it who ever was not interested stay away old farts and drink lousy coco kick it up a notch
                                23 year old fart checking in
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X