Lowell, 2016 Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lowell, 2016 Off-Season Thread

I know many of us probably only look for certain subject lines when we go on these board, and so you may have missed this rather sad news. He did quite a few games for Lowell as well. RIP.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

TROY THIBODEAU NAMED DIRECTOR OF HOCKEY OPERATIONS

UMass Lowell Athletics
      Hockey Season is near... today, the ice installation begins at the Tsongas Center.
      https://www.facebook.com/UMLRiverHawks/?fref=nf
      Last edited by boblav1; 07-25-2016, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        I know many of us probably only look for certain subject lines when we go on these board, and so you may have missed this rather sad news. He did quite a few games for Lowell as well. RIP.
        I won't say this in there because it would be disrespectful but I never cared for his voice.

Now that being said, never having met or heard about him personally to do the things he did meant that he was well regarded in those circles and it's always tough/bad to lose somebody of that nature and to be sure he is as much of league history as the coaches and the players. People like him encapsulate an era that I will never truly know and wish I could know more. That being the mid-late-70s onward to when I got into this mess.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

The team is hard at work this summer.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56um...&feature=share

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            The team is hard at work this summer.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56um...&feature=share
            Weird- initially link did not work and had a bunch of mumbo jumbo code. Next time I tried it it worked.
            Last edited by leswp1; 07-26-2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Hey all, first time long time. Does anyone know what has happened to the radio deal? Heard that ESPN NH will not carry games this season from hockey or basketball. The atheltics website also lists only WCAP. This seems like a big step backwards for exposure/coverage.

Comment

The ice is down.

https://www.facebook.com/UMLRiverHaw...4369596470477/

Comment

Originally posted by PartOfTheNYNEXFamily View Post
                  Hey all, first time long time. Does anyone know what has happened to the radio deal? Heard that ESPN NH will not carry games this season from hockey or basketball. The atheltics website also lists only WCAP. This seems like a big step backwards for exposure/coverage.
                  Just speculating, but maybe because of low ratings? Many of those who visit this board have complained about the signal quality from that station. Personally I don't think its a big deal. I hope the this also means WUML will simulcast the broadcast again. The one thing I'ill miss is Norm's weekly interview with that station because they would post the audio online.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                    Just speculating, but maybe because of low ratings? Many of those who visit this board have complained about the signal quality from that station. Personally I don't think its a big deal. I hope the this also means WUML will simulcast the broadcast again. The one thing I'ill miss is Norm's weekly interview with that station because they would post the audio online.
                    ::raises hand::
                    If that is the case I would be in heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by PartOfTheNYNEXFamily View Post
                      On paper it might be a step back, but the guys they had doing basketball were atrocious. Didn't realize that when they were in commercial on radio they were still live on the Americaeast.tv stream. There were times they ripped on the crowd/athletic department during games (led to some fun conversations on the AE basketball forum site).

Does this mean I can delete the ESPN radio App. Hooray.
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015
                      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

The school announced the ESPN contract extension on Oct. 2nd last year, so I suppose there is a chance they could still renew it.

Comment

Hello Lowell fans, Our RIVERHAWKS will be playing Colorado College In Colorado Springs on October 14 & 15. I have secured a block of rooms for fans at The Hampton Inn in Colorado Springs. The rate is $119 a night for 3 nights The 13th, 14th, and 15th. If you are interested contact the hotel directly and use the group code UML. they will hold the rooms until Sept. 15th. after that they will release them to the general public. If you have any questions email me at beachockey@Comcast.net Hope to see many of you there. GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for two members of the women's lacrosse team.

UMass Lowell student-athletes seriously hurt in moped crash.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              Thoughts and prayers for two members of the women's lacrosse team.

UMass Lowell student-athletes seriously hurt in moped crash.
                              this is really sad. Echoimg- thoughts and prayers for them and those who are caring for them

Comment

That is so sad to hear!!!! I hope the best for the both of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X