why 2 tickets for thursday if

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why 2 tickets for thursday if

the games are at 5p & 830p? even with normal times for game they are going to empty the barn and fill it right back up... rather odd, no?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Re: why 2 tickets for thursday if

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    the games are at 5p & 830p? even with normal times for game they are going to empty the barn and fill it right back up... rather odd, no?
    Correct, it's going to be a free for all to clear and re-enter everyone within 1 hour

Comment

was expecting a 3 or 4 start for the first game. then 8p

this is strange

Comment

I thought they used to do 2 and 7 back in the day with separate tickets.

I think most people will like leaving even if only to get some fresh air and move the legs... not sure if they will clean the place up much in that hour but it is what it is. God forbid we get OT in game 1.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          I thought they used to do 2 and 7 back in the day with separate tickets.

God forbid we get OT in game 1.
          There will still be a full hour between games, even if game 1 goes into multiple OT's

Comment

It was a 2 and a 7 back when the NC$$ cared about the fans.....back then they would tell the host city that they were bringing x number of people to spend $$ on dinner etc, then they went to you have to stay and eat the trash we serve to this mess

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Beer! Outside on the wonderful plaza.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Not a lot of places to go eat near the Amalie Arena. But I can offer you a tip that the BEST Cuban sandwich you'll eat in Tampa is just across the channel. It's at a little mom-and-pop deli underneath the Westin Harbour Island in Knights Point called the Island Deli. Trust me when I tell you that these people make the most authentic and delicious "media noche" you'll ever try. But that's a place to visit before the first game, I doubt they'd be open late enough to squeeze in between games since they cater mostly to the breakfast & lunch crowds.

I would also recommend the very credible Precinct Pizza near the cruise ship docks.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Beer! Outside on the wonderful plaza.
                  Trouble is 18,000 fans in line for beer will take until Saturday the get served.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                    Trouble is 18,000 fans in line for beer will take until Saturday the get served.
                    Need a Jameson express line.
                    Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by satking View Post
                      It was a 2 and a 7 back when the NC$$ cared about the fans.....back then they would tell the host city that they were bringing x number of people to spend $$ on dinner etc, then they went to you have to stay and eat the trash we serve to this mess
                      buffalo they opened up the baseball field to house peeps between the games for beer and food and entertainment. mookie took that time to drive up and get some original buffalo wings though.
                      but still, there was time to get out and see the surrounds. yes.

Comment

Late to the party here...I know in DC in '09 it was one ticket, because we came late and watched the end of the first game and stayed for the BU/Vermont game. Thought it was the same last year, also, at TD Garden (but maybe I'm not remembering correctly).

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          Late to the party here...I know in DC in '09 it was one ticket, because we came late and watched the end of the first game and stayed for the BU/Vermont game. Thought it was the same last year, also, at TD Garden (but maybe I'm not remembering correctly).
                          No, you are remembering correctly. This is the first time in a number of years that they are doing 2 separate tickets on Thursday. In the past, when they did this there was a 2-3 hour time difference between games. This time it looks like getting everyone out of the building and bringing them all back in within an hour or so. Trying to do this involving 18000 or so people is going to be very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                            No, you are remembering correctly. This is the first time in a number of years that they are doing 2 separate tickets on Thursday. In the past, when they did this there was a 2-3 hour time difference between games. This time it looks like getting everyone out of the building and bringing them all back in within an hour or so. Trying to do this involving 18000 or so people is going to be very difficult.
                            This is going to require some preplanning. I went to a Yankee split double-header last year where the first game went about 18 innings. Emptying the stadium to bring people back in was a mess. I've started my preplanning... just put a collapsable cooler in my suitcase. A walk from my seats to the parking garage, 2 beers for me, 2 bottles of coke and some Jack for the lady and a walk back inside.
                            Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                            10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                            5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                            21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                            ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                            ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                            7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                            National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

I know many of us have been asking for a return to the split sessions for semi-final thursday. I don't know why they chose the starting times they did. 2-3 hours between games would be much better. Are they saying, here you go, separate tickets to each game. Enjoy yourselves in the parking lot. They never seem to get it right.
                              Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X