NCHA membership changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by net presence View Post
    UWS was the most likely to jump back to the NCHA and, was at least exploring the possibility in a real way. Apparently, there was one current NCHA coach that didn't think that was a good idea and influenced enough schools to vote that move down.
    Good. They should have thought about that in the first place when the WIAC decided to take their ball and go home.

With the NCHA soon to be at 12, I think we're full now anyway.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Re: NCHA membership changes?

Would the MIAC take an associate member to give themselves an even number of teams in hockey? Or would UWS be allergic to that many "private" schools? This is just out of total ignorance about the politics and geography of (mid)west hockey.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Honestly, the vast majority of the WIAC is considerably closer to Superior than some of the MIAC teams (and geography is part of the reason they bolted from the WIAC as full members). I'm not sure what UWS gains if they bolt from hockey as well, even if they gain a Duluth-based rival.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Honestly, the vast majority of the WIAC is considerably closer to Superior than some of the MIAC teams (and geography is part of the reason they bolted from the WIAC as full members). I'm not sure what UWS gains if they bolt from hockey as well, even if they gain a Duluth-based rival.
          That's not true. They already have the CSS rivalry...and its not going anywhere.

Augsburg, Bethel, St. Thomas, Hamline, are all in the Twin Cities which is 2.5 hours away. Almost every MIAC school is closer to UWS than UW-Stevens Point is.

Yeah River Falls, Eau Claire, and Stout are closer...but not considerably.
          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            Would the MIAC take an associate member to give themselves an even number of teams in hockey? Or would UWS be allergic to that many "private" schools? This is just out of total ignorance about the politics and geography of (mid)west hockey.
            When you admit your pointless questions are based in ignorance, why ask them in the first place? You might as well have asked if Norwich might be moving to that new league so it can keep it's big rivalry with UNE. Speaking of which, this might be based in my ignorance about east politics and geography, but will Norwich be switching leagues? Stop wasting people's time. There's no rule that says you have to post on every single topic here.
            I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
              When you admit your pointless questions are based in ignorance, why ask them in the first place? You might as well have asked if Norwich might be moving to that new league so it can keep it's big rivalry with UNE. Speaking of which, this might be based in my ignorance about east politics and geography, but will Norwich be switching leagues? Stop wasting people's time. There's no rule that says you have to post on every single topic here.
              He just asked a question... chill dude.
              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

The Prof is a good guy. I've learned a LOT from him here. If you have a problem with him, well, let's put it this way: it's not the Prof.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  The Prof is a good guy. I've learned a LOT from him here. If you have a problem with him, well, let's put it this way: it's not the Prof.
                  +1
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                  SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                  ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                  NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                  NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                  NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                  NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

My spidy senses tell me its the off-season blues getting around

Comment

There was speculation that UWS was looking a changing leagues and moving to the NCHA (not my speculation). It appears the NCHA is full with 12 teams. Thus the question. There is only one other league in that region and my question was if they wanted out of the WIAC would the other league be a fit. Excuse my curiosity.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

A nice bottle of Summer's Eve should take care of that sand in your vagina.
                        "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

So will Norwich be switching leagues or not?
                          I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

To where?
                            CCC
                            ECAC-W
                            MASCAC
                            NESCAC
                            SUNYAC
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Huh? I don't know where this is coming from.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

NHL West!

Comment

Working...
                                X