Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Midwest regional: Notre dame vs Umich, UND vs Northeastern

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    NU is on a major roll, and North Dakota didn't really overwhelm in the NCHC final... That looks like an amazing game- if not for a horrible start to the season, there's no possible way NU is a 4 seed. So UND is, well, not exactly playing who they nominally will.

Our game is turning into a future B1G conference game. I'm quite pleased with how Michigan is playing, and haven't really paid attention to Notre Dame. From what I hear, they play a similar game to us, so at a minimum, it should be a blast to watch!
    No ND plays like BGSU. Not like you at all. But they can score if you're not careful. And they are used to a bigger sheet than you have.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
      New season. Stats are irrelevant now. Clean slate. Go Sioux!!!!
      What's a "Sioux"?

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        No ND plays like BGSU. Not like you at all. But they can score if you're not careful. And they are used to a bigger sheet than you have.
        Two things-

First, being that the regional is a NHL sized rink, I'm not sure how that matters.

Second, isn't the sheet that Notre Dame plays on NHL sized? The other rink is Olympic and use for more stuff at Compton.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          I know you guys are not "regulars" at the party, but this is the way it is in all sports. How many people were "able" to watch the NCAA basketball first-round games at Noon (3,000 miles away)? You have to make the commitment to either go, or take the time off and watch. The hard-core fans plan their schedules around this stuff. This is the highlight of their year.
          I took off last Friday for my bachelor party to go to the HE Tournament. And I'm taking two weeks for the honeymoon in June. So I Don't exactly have the extra time to take. I'll be taking a late & long lunch but probably have to watch the second half of the game at my desk. Had it worked out differently, I'd be driving to Cincy from DC tonight. Sorry I'm not as "Hard-core" as you and that I don't have a job flipping patties at UBurger .
          GO NU!
          --------------------------------------------------
          2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            North Dakota Hockey is like E.F. Hutton: When North Dakota plays, people watch.
            IIRC, E.F. Hutton went broke and had to be rescued. Will the "Fighting Predators" become the prey?

Comment

Originally posted by thebleedenator View Post
              Sorry I'm not as "Hard-core" as you and that I don't have a job flipping patties at UBurger .
              ......but he wasn't a CoOp at Northeastern...

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                IIRC, E.F. Hutton went broke and had to be rescued. Will the "Fighting Predators" become the prey?
                Just the name. The players themselves just got richer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                  ......but he wasn't a CoOp at Northeastern...
                  true... but he has a degree from BU
                  Plus UBurger won't hire us b/c we're not Hard-core
                  GO NU!

Comment

Originally posted by thebleedenator View Post
                    I took off last Friday for my bachelor party to go to the HE Tournament. And I'm taking two weeks for the honeymoon in June. So I Don't exactly have the extra time to take. I'll be taking a late & long lunch but probably have to watch the second half of the game at my desk. Had it worked out differently, I'd be driving to Cincy from DC tonight. Sorry I'm not as "Hard-core" as you and that I don't have a job flipping patties at UBurger .
                    Priorities. Admittedly, my 4 hour drive to Cinci is much shorter. But I also have a wedding, honeymoon, Frozen Four trip, family that's 1,000 miles away and manage my 15 days of vacation a year. Most of my vacation days are used on college hockey (which may seem weird to some, but I love it) and visiting my family in Texas. I chose to skip my conference tourney in favor of regionals and the FF (which I'm going to, even though I don't expect my team to be there).

I assume you had fun at the HE tourney. Maybe you made the right choice going to those games. If you can't watch the Friday 2 pm game live, then record it and avoid any media until you can watch it.

Enough of that though. Puck drops in 25 hours! I can't wait. It's been too long since my team was in the tourney (when I became a fan ~2001, I just assumed Michigan would be in the NCAA tourney every year, sort of like I assumed Michigan went to a bowl game every year). I don't expect them to go far this year, but I expect to watch some great hockey this weekend.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

19-1-1 down the stretch is impressive no matter who you play, but 12 of those games were against teams in the bottom 40% of the RPI rankings. I am predicting a 5-1 win for the Fighting Hawks.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

With the game being on ESPNU, will the game be on their streaming service watch ESPN?

Comment

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
                          With the game being on ESPNU, will the game be on their streaming service watch ESPN?
                          Yes, Make sure you have flash installed.
                          GO NU!

Comment

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
                            I believe the games on ESPNU, ESPN2 and so on will also be streamed.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              19-1-1 down the stretch is impressive no matter who you play, but 12 of those games were against teams in the bottom 40% of the RPI rankings. I am predicting a 5-1 win for the Fighting Hawks.
                              That would be a great result, and it would be nice to see two or three NCHC schools in the FF, but 5-1 seems much too optimistic. NU has tied Q and beaten BC, UML, and ND (twice) since the break. They can play.

Comment

Notre Dame fans: Ali Thomas is listed on the roster as a junior, yet has played 0 games this year. Anyone know the situation?
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X