• Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 WCHA Offseason; It's All Over, Save Ferris

Hi.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Great job FSU! That win puts geezer atop the leaderboard, however briefly.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Hi.
        Hello. Congratulations to your college hockey team winning a college hockey game today.
        Michael Napier - UAH '97
        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
        U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
        NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
        CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
        CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Hi.
          Hello. I must concur with UAHStatman. It's been a couple of weeks since mine did that. Win a game, I mean, so congrats.
          Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

• Good job Bulldogs! Keep it up! Go Ferris!

Comment

Good job Ferris. Keep on rocking.
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Way to go FSU!!

I remember watching UAF play SCSU in the first game of the season and they absolutely steamrolled us. Your accomplishment tonight is nothing to sneeze at...congrats!
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  Way to go FSU!!

I remember watching UAF play SCSU in the first game of the season and they absolutely steamrolled us. Your accomplishment tonight is nothing to sneeze at...congrats!
                  Agreed. Good job FSU.

As I recall, the other 21 games where we got steamrolled the opponent didn’t look near as fast or good.

Comment

You know I'm sick to death of the fans of the NCHC and other conferences dissing the WCHA. Guys like Adam Woden and Chris Dilks should know better. And ryan Lambert is a terrible excuse for a journalist. How many times do coaches have to say there is a lot of parity, how many times do coaches in our league have to say we have a good league, with quality teams. I'm just totally disgusted that media guys seem to buy in to fan stupidness.I mean you can forgive tipsy, he's simply stupid, but the media is supposed to actually have a clue. Even Jim Connelly buys in and promotes HE over other leagues. It's not true.! So I wish the hell they would SHUT THE **** UP.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      You know I'm sick to death of the fans of the NCHC and other conferences dissing the WCHA. Guys like Adam Woden and Chris Dilks should know better. And ryan Lambert is a terrible excuse for a journalist. How many times do coaches have to say there is a lot of parity, how many times do coaches in our league have to say we have a good league, with quality teams. I'm jusT totally disgusted that media guys seem to buy in to fan stupidness.I mean you can forgive tipsy, he's simply stupid, but the media is supposed to actually have a clue. Even Jim Connelly buys in and promotes HE over other leagues. It's not true.! So I wish the hell they would SHUT THE **** UP.
                      Alternative option: dismiss them and pay them no mind.

#####

So I was just perusing UAH's recruits for 16-17, and man, we're getting small. I wonder if the days of chip and chase and pack it in are over. If the little guys can skate and give up the body, then I'll take it. We haven't had good offensive hockey at UAH for a decade —*2006-07 was the last time UAH score more than three a game, and 2005-06 was the last time that we outscored our opponents on average.

[****, I can't drink at work.]

Please, I'm tired of the losing.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        You know I'm sick to death of the fans of the NCHC and other conferences dissing the WCHA. Guys like Adam Woden and Chris Dilks should know better. And ryan Lambert is a terrible excuse for a journalist. How many times do coaches have to say there is a lot of parity, how many times do coaches in our league have to say we have a good league, with quality teams. I'm just totally disgusted that media guys seem to buy in to fan stupidness.I mean you can forgive tipsy, he's simply stupid, but the media is supposed to actually have a clue. Even Jim Connelly buys in and promotes HE over other leagues. It's not true.! So I wish the hell they would SHUT THE **** UP.
                        Of course fan and media opinions that differ from ours are ridiculous. But let's face it, the lone team we have left alive was just a game over .500 for the regular season and that overall the WCHA's non-conference record was only better than Atlantic Hockey. I believe we do have a good league, a very exciting and competitive league. We're not very curvaceous. We're not that attractive. But we've got a great personality and terrific character. Until the WCHA proves, on a regular basis, that we're more that the 4th or 5th best league, we'll be viewed as the 4th or 5th best league. I know better. You know better. Our coaches, players and fans know better. But we've got only one way to show the rest of the college hockey world and that's more W's.
                        Last edited by davyd83; 03-27-2016, 02:12 PM.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          Alternative option: dismiss them and pay them no mind.

#####

So I was just perusing UAH's recruits for 16-17, and man, we're getting small. I wonder if the days of chip and chase and pack it in are over. If the little guys can skate and give up the body, then I'll take it. We haven't had good offensive hockey at UAH for a decade —*2006-07 was the last time UAH score more than three a game, and 2005-06 was the last time that we outscored our opponents on average.

[****, I can't drink at work.]

Please, I'm tired of the losing.

GFM
                          a few years ago the small guy was anathema but it's becoming more the norm as there is less emphasis on the big physical hits. The small guy is more competitive now, though BC showed last night that a good big guy beats a good small guy most of the time.
                          You'll start winning more games don't worry. So will Lake state, and some others.

Comment

a few years ago the small guy was anathema but it's becoming more the norm as there is less emphasis on the big physical hits. The small guy is more competitive now, though BC showed last night that a good big guy beats a good small guy most of the time.
                            You'll start winning more games don't worry. So will Lake state, and some others.
                            My only concern is that the little guy will struggle in the clutch-and-grab WCHA. I look at a guy like Tyler Poulsen who admittedly was 1) jumping from the NAHL to the WCHA and 2) took a year off to work on academics but 3) really got man-handled a lot this year and ended up 3-3—6 after being 29-32—61 two years ago. I was hoping for something like 14-18 points. Instead, he's a tiny guy and he got held up at many turns. Part of this is style of play —*UAH just doesn't have enough guys with speed to play that game. Max McHugh, who I'll argue you is our best player, skates decently but generally plays in control and doesn't try to get on you quickly like, say, Matt Salhany.

But we can't all keep winning more games, not with a 28-game league schedule that makes this thing a near zero-sum game.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Of course fan and media opinions that differ from ours are ridiculous. But let's face it, the lone team we have left alive was just a game over .500 for the regular season and that overall the WCHA's non-conference record was only better than Atlantic Hockey. I believe we do have a good league, a very exciting and competitive league. We're not very ****. We're not that attractive. But we've got a great personality and terrific character. Until the WCHA proves, on a regular basis, that we're more that the 4th or 5th best league, we'll be viewed as the 4th or 5th best league. I know better. You know better. Our coaches, players and fans know better. But we've got only one way to show the rest of the college hockey world and that's more W's.
                              Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but it's not a good thing when College hockey is perpetuated as being vastly different when it's quite the opposite. Media guys who know that there is so much parity, should be above what the average fan thinks. Just my two cents though.
                              Similar to the NHL. We talk about how great Florida is but they have 95 points and the last team in has what 85. not a big difference.
                              So for Ferris who was what 33 in the pairwise, a bounce here and there and they are in.

Comment

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but it's not a good thing when College hockey is perpetuated as being vastly different when it's quite the opposite. Media guys who know that there is so much parity, should be above what the average fan thinks. Just my two cents though.
                                Similar to the NHL. We talk about how great Florida is but they have 95 points and the last team in has what 85. not a big difference.
                                So for Ferris who was what 33 in the pairwise, a bounce here and there and they are in.
                                Well, Ryan Lambert is basically the average Boston sports fan blogger. I stopped reading his shiza over a year ago, and suggest everyone else do the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X