2016 WCHA Offseason; It's All Over, Save Ferris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 WCHA Offseason; It's All Over, Save Ferris

The NCHC commish just went all Lee Corso on ASU. That's amusing.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      The NCHC commish just went all Lee Corso on ASU. That's amusing.

GFM
      I don't follow the reference... but that statement on Twitter is an interesting one.
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
        I don't follow the reference... but that statement on Twitter is an interesting one.
        "not so fast" is a big phrase by Corso when picking a team to win on College Football Saturday.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
          He's fond of saying, "Not so fast, my friend!" on college football broadcasts. But I haven't cared about those in 10 years, so he may be dead for all I know.

For all I know, Fenton is merely noting that they've not started the application process with ASU.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            For all I know, Fenton is merely noting that they've not started the application process with ASU.

GFM
            The tweet seemed like one of those standard non-denial denials.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              "not so fast" is a big phrase by Corso when picking a team to win on College Football Saturday.
              Aaaah, yeah, that makes sense then... I give approximately zero ****s about CFB
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                The tweet seemed like one of those standard non-denial denials.
                Maybe, maybe not. I'd have expected something like "We haven't received an application from Arizona State or any other school. We'll review anything we get." or similar. I think that it's more of a matter of fact — they haven't had formal talks within the league or with ASU. But obviously they have talked — this kinda sounded like they were ****ed.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Sounds an awful lot like a done deal, but we'll see. Let's just hope the WCHA will be ok.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    The unfortunate thing is seeing Ferris win the playoff and then win a game in the NCAA tournament. Somehow, the team who plays the least attractive hockey ends up as your most successful, and the stigma on the league grows even bigger. And even worse, it starts to encourage other teams that the way to be successful is to chip off the glass, dump and chase, clutch and grab, and hope your goalie can help you steal a game.
                    This comment makes me think you didn't see the Ferris-St. Cloud game.
                    Through regulation the score was 4-4 and shots were 33-29. But more importantly, there was some great north-south action and it was a really fun game to attend. I'd go so far as to argue it was one of the most entertaining games of the tournament.

I only saw a handfull of Ferris' games throughout the RS, so I will defer comment there to those who are more familiar. But, in my humble opinion, in the NCAA Tournament they represented the conference very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      Through regulation the score was 4-4 and shots were 33-29. But more importantly, there was some great north-south action and it was a really fun game to attend. I'd go so far as to argue it was one of the most entertaining games of the tournament..
                      It's likely he saw the whole thing through black and gold glasses. A segment of the Tech fanbase increasingly loves to talk as if we were somehow screwed by the realignment, or the WCHA officials fail to dictate the calls that should be made, and I'm getting sick of it. We are becoming like the WCHA version of Freepers, seeing some conspiracy where it never existed. And no, I will not apologize for that characterization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                        Through regulation the score was 4-4 and shots were 33-29. But more importantly, there was some great north-south action and it was a really fun game to attend. I'd go so far as to argue it was one of the most entertaining games of the tournament.

I only saw a handfull of Ferris' games throughout the RS, so I will defer comment there to those who are more familiar. But, in my humble opinion, in the NCAA Tournament they represented the conference very well.
                        I would argue that's because st cloud dictates the pace of play. If you watched the wcha tournament, that wasn't really the case. They scored a goal and locked down.
                        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Sharks Recall Ryan Carpenter From San Jose Barracuda
                          Sunday, 05.1.2016 / 9:07 PM PT / News

Carpenter, 24, led the Barracuda in points (55) and assists (37) in 66 AHL games this season. His plus-20 rating led all Barracuda players (T-15th in the league) in his second full professional campaign, and his 37 helpers ranked T-18th in the AHL. In four postseason games with the Barracuda, Carpenter registered one goal, one assist and a plus-3 rating. He made his NHL debut on Dec. 12 vs. Minnesota.
                          Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

I tried looking at UAA's schedule and it went to the 2016-17 season. There is no dates listed but it probably means the WCHA will most likely be releasing the composite schedule anytime now.
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I tweeted the WCHA today and they said schedule would come out "by mid-month".
                              Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                I tweeted the WCHA today and they said schedule would come out "by mid-month".
                                Ryan J
                                I hope they defined the actual month.
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                                X