2016 IIHF Women's World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 IIHF Women's World Championship

Great defensive move by Krazaniuk to thwart the 2 on 1 late in the 2nd.

Canada doesn't appear to be any worse for wear after expending all that energy in last night's game against Finland but that may change in the 3rd.

Their power play has been pretty anemic...they've got to start getting the pucks up into the top half of the net when in close...Rigsby is big and covers a lot of real estate down low and this is the age of butterfly goaltending where they automatically drop down on virtually every shot. Take advantage of the script.

Great game so far.

Comment

Great final game, scoreless after two. I'd have to give Canada the edge, but the U.S. has had some great opportunities as well. The way both goaltenders are playing it looks like the first goal could be the game winner.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Great final game, scoreless after two. I'd have to give Canada the edge, but the U.S. has had some great opportunities as well. The way both goaltenders are playing it looks like the first goal could be the game winner.
        Rigsby with 21 saves, Maschmeyer with 14 (including a great stop on Carpenter).
        Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
        Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
        Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
          Rigsby with 21 saves, Maschmeyer with 14 (including a great stop on Carpenter).
          Forgot to mention that play...nice touch with the video Dave...thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
            Forgot to mention that play...nice touch with the video Dave...thanks for that.
            A certain Finnish goaltending superstar Tweeted it. Happy to share.

Comment

Also just seen on Twitter...

Shes doin the Monster Masch, The Monster Masch, Shes an ice rink smash, Shes stopping pucks in a flash, The Monster Masch

Comment

Can't beat these goalies straight on. It's going to need a one timer off a cross ice pass or a wicked deflection.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Can't beat these goalies straight on. It's going to need a one timer off a cross ice pass or a wicked deflection.
                  Or a juicy rebound.

Could we see BOTH Medal games with no goals until a shootout. ? Who would have thunk that after yesterdays goal fests.

Comment

I'm picking Skarupa or Poulin
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Monique Lamoureux in the sin bin for the second straight time. Canada starts OT on a power play for 1:53. So it will be 4-on-3 to start.

Shots are 25-23 Canada.

20-minute golden goal overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                        Could we see BOTH Medal games with no goals until a shootout. ?
                        HATE the idea of a world championship being decided by a shootout.
                        (unless the U.S. wins it, of course)

Comment

If Poulin slap passes back across, the other forward has a wide open net.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Carpenter on a rebound. USA 1 CAN 0
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Carpenter on a rebound. USA 1 CAN 0
                              from Jocelyne Lamoureux-Davidson and Megan Bozek.

Rigsby with the 32-save shutout; Maschmeyer with 33 saves.

Stat of the night is probably that Canada was 0-for-6 on the power play, including 0-for-2 in overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                                Stat of the night is probably that Canada was 0-for-6 on the power play, including 0-for-2 in overtime.
                                Especially so given that they were 4 on 3's. The Canadians certainly had plenty of chances. Perhaps others will disagree, but I thought the last two penalty calls were pretty weak. It looked like Spooner (deftly) grabbed Stecklein's stick, and it seemed like J. Lam took a bit of a dive to get that call at the end also. Both players made it look good, at least good enough to get the call.

On the game winner, Jocelyn made a great athletic deflection on Bozek's shot from the point, which Maschmeyer somehow stopped, but couldn't cover. Alex Carpenter was right there, in the right spot at the right time, to put the loose puck home from the crease.

A tremendously exciting and well played hockey game that just happened to go the USA's way.

Comment

Working...
                                X