Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 Part, let's say, X: There's a red moon rising On the Cuyahoga River

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign 2016 Part, let's say, X: There's a red moon rising On the Cuyahoga River

Continue
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Re: Campaign 2016 Part, let's say, X: There's a red moon rising On the Cuyahoga River

Ha
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Re: Campaign 2016 Part, let's say, X: There's a red moon rising On the Cuyahoga River

Looking at how the last thread ended, and Kepler's assertion of this place hitting a new low, it makes me think that he's missed some really great threads in the past that set the bar so low we couldn't stop digging the hole for the bar or we'd have no place left to go. There was the pubis hair care conversation so many years prior, nanookfan stealing wi-fi from the public library while sitting in his car so he could post on USCHO, the Hot or Not thread starring Quizmire in the Café poll section, just to name a few, most threads started by nate91b and phil_dupree that ran rampant through he for a few months, though those last two did give rise to the Nachos thread in protest.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        most threads started by nate91b and phil_dupree that ran rampant through he for a few months
        And Hobart Higgins. And Comedy Central. Man, this place is the very definition of high society nowadays compared to the olden days. I mean, the closest thing to a crazy person we have now is Flaggy and I'm still 50% sure that's all an act.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Looking at how the last thread ended, and Kepler's assertion of this place hitting a new low...
          No, no, no. I didn't mean to imply a trend. I meant to imply that the Scooby end thread post, specifically, was the new low. I think he'd be proud.

Edit, mookie, not Scooby. I always confuse them.

To be fair, I think I missed the first 3 years or so of USCHO (my understanding is the '99 incarnation is a follow-on). I came in on the tail end of NAPALM, boom shakalaka, etc. But I never saw them post gross or offensive stuff, just (mind-mumbingly stupid, albeit funny) political stuff.
          Last edited by Kepler; 03-17-2016, 12:03 PM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            And Hobart Higgins. And Comedy Central. Man, this place is the very definition of high society nowadays compared to the olden days. I mean, the closest thing to a crazy person we have now is Flaggy and I'm still 50% sure that's all an act.
            It was worst than that. I remember when hockey threads contained open threats of beatdowns and promises of violent confrontations at the next game between rival teams' fans. Posters would use the notification feature to set up brawls. This place is tame compared to the early 2000's.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              It was worst than that. I remember when hockey threads contained open threats of beatdowns and promises of violent confrontations at the next game between rival teams' fans. Posters would use the notification feature to set up brawls. This place is tame compared to the early 2000's.
              Maybe that's how you hoodlums did it in Boston and the Midwest. We Ivies would just set up confrontations where we would shake our heads disapprovingly at the other side from a safe and comfortable distance.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Maybe that's how you hoodlums did it in Boston and the Midwest. We Ivies would just set up confrontations where we would shake our heads disapprovingly at the other side from a safe and comfortable distance.
                At HYP they have their servants battle to the death in a pit.
                Cornell University

Comment

BU-BC, BC-UNH, and UNH-Maine. There were also some rabid anti-Michigan fans from Michigan St. We're all too old now, but back then it was a good idea if you had a few people with you when you walked back to your car at the end of a hockey game against one of your rival schools lest you run into somebody from the message board.

PS - Frenchy you forgot to mention when Hank used spyware to out nate's real identity and posted it in a thread, thus earning him a lifetime ban.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    BU-BC, BC-UNH, and UNH-Maine. There were also some rabid anti-Michigan fans from Michigan St. We're all too old now, but back then it was a good idea if you had a few people with you when you walked back to your car at the end of a hockey game against one of your rival schools lest you run into somebody from the message board.

PS - Frenchy you forgot to mention when Hank used spyware to out nate's real identity and posted it in a thread, thus earning him a lifetime ban.
                    Hank didn't even have to use spyware, he just talked to a friend who sent him down the path to perform his own searches online. I asked him about it in the thread because I was impressed and he sent me an email with the details.

Also, the NAPALM guys didn't get into the crude conversations about pubic hair care, nor did they post the Quizmire Hot or Not poll (which is why photos are now disabled in the poll sections). Those were a variety of Boston guys with those conversations. They were comedy gold, but board didn't take kindly to them - especially since Quizmire was a staff writer here for short time; she found it less amusing.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Hank didn't even have to use spyware, he just talked to a friend who sent him down the path to perform his own searches online. I asked him about it in the thread because I was impressed and he sent me an email with the details.

Also, the NAPALM guys didn't get into the crude conversations about pubic hair care, nor did they post the Quizmire Hot or Not poll (which is why photos are now disabled in the poll sections). Those were a variety of Boston guys with those conversations. They were comedy gold, but board didn't take kindly to them - especially since Quizmire was a staff writer here for short time; she found it less amusing.
                      I remember a time that wandering into the Cafe was pretty risky. Plus there was Donald's dealings with the St. Cloud fans that got him banned the first time.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        I remember a time that wandering into the Cafe was pretty risky. Plus there was Donald's dealings with the St. Cloud fans that got him banned the first time.
                        The Café was risky, which made it fun. The only thing that would get hurt were your feelings, and only if you weren't adult enough to have fun with what was happening.

I vaguely remember the interactions with Donald, but couldn't tell you why he had such a thing for us. Was it because of UAA's exceptionally bad record against SCSU? I don't know, I just skimmed through his stuff after a while.

Comment

I'll take great headlines for a hundred, Alex.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I'll take great headlines for a hundred, Alex.
                            Cause Lord Knows he's better than Clinton.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Cause Lord Knows he's better than Clinton.
                              Neglect not the Comments.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                              X