Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 294

Thread: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

  1. #101
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    2,991

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    We need to try not going 0-for-7 on the power play. That said, a decently played game. One bad turnover created both of their goals.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

  2. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    330

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Can anyone that attended these games confirm whether or not Ohio State's new coach was there?
    It's a great day for hockey!

  3. #103
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    2,991

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Quote Originally Posted by NMH View Post
    Can anyone that attended these games confirm whether or not Ohio State's new coach was there?
    Is the new coach a fairly small woman?
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

  4. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    41

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Is the new coach a fairly small woman?
    I saw her at Fogerty Arena in Blaine, MN Sunday morning if that helps.

  5. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canmore, Alberta
    Posts
    2,793

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Anybody have information on why Laura Horwood has missed the last couple games? I have to assume that is an injury...hopefully not serious.

  6. #106
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Quote Originally Posted by hab View Post
    Anybody have information on why Laura Horwood has missed the last couple games? I have to assume that is an injury...hopefully not serious.
    Yes, knee I believe

  7. #107
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    184,341

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on


  8. #108
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    2,991

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Well, we're a week in so it's time to break these lovely posts back out. For the uninitiated, I simulate the season a million times using KRACH and figure out where RPI stands. It's a fun little exercise that means little beyond giving me ridiculous hope that we could challenge for a home playoff spot or something like that (right now it stands as an 0.6% chance, so don't bet on it). So right now we're just below the playoff line, but it's obviously incredibly early. The team is preparing to head on a four-game road trip with a pair of winnable games at Yale and Brown and a pair of reaches in the North Country. We're "expected" to pick up about 2.3 points on the trip, so in order to boost our standings and get over the playoff hump, we'll want to pull down at least three or four points in the four games.

    RPI KRACH (RRWP): 60.49 (.4062)

    MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
    Points - 17.61 / 18 / 18 / 3 - 34
    Rank - 8.43 / 9 / 10 / 1 - 12
    Playoffs - 46.7%
    Most likely opponent - at SLU (18.9%)

    Conference Rankings:
    1. SLU
    2. Clarkson
    3. Colgate
    4. Princeton
      —————
    5. Quinnipiac
    6. Cornell
    7. Yale
    8. Harvard
      —————
      —————
    9. RPI
    10. Brown
    11. Dartmouth
    12. Union
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

  9. #109
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Well, we're a week in so it's time to break these lovely posts back out. For the uninitiated, I simulate the season a million times using KRACH and figure out where RPI stands. It's a fun little exercise that means little beyond giving me ridiculous hope that we could challenge for a home playoff spot or something like that (right now it stands as an 0.6% chance, so don't bet on it). So right now we're just below the playoff line, but it's obviously incredibly early. The team is preparing to head on a four-game road trip with a pair of winnable games at Yale and Brown and a pair of reaches in the North Country. We're "expected" to pick up about 2.3 points on the trip, so in order to boost our standings and get over the playoff hump, we'll want to pull down at least three or four points in the four games.

    RPI KRACH (RRWP): 60.49 (.4062)

    MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
    Points - 17.61 / 18 / 18 / 3 - 34
    Rank - 8.43 / 9 / 10 / 1 - 12
    Playoffs - 46.7%
    Most likely opponent - at SLU (18.9%)

    Conference Rankings:
    1. SLU
    2. Clarkson
    3. Colgate
    4. Princeton
    5. Quinnipiac
    6. Cornell
    7. Yale
    8. Harvard

    9. RPI
    10. Brown
    11. Dartmouth
    12. Union
    Chance at points on an away weekend? And is the only way to watch is buying an ivy pass?

  10. #110
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    2,991

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Splitting the weekend was pretty much what we expected to happen, though pulling a couple extra points out of New Haven would have been a huge help in securing a playoff spot. Now we get to go up to (basically) Canada and any point we earn is found money. We're basically tied with Cornell for 8th, and Yale/Harvard are just a couple points ahead, so an extra win could vault us up to 6th.

    RPI KRACH (RRWP): 62.22 (.4138)

    MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
    Points - 18.20 / 18 / 18 / 5 - 34
    Rank - 7.98 / 8 / 9 / 2 - 12
    Playoffs - 59.2%
    Most likely opponent - at SLU (24.8%)

    Conference Rankings:
    1. SLU
    2. Clarkson
    3. Colgate
    4. Quinnipiac
    5. Princeton
    6. Yale
    7. Harvard
    8. Cornell

    9. RPI
    10. Brown
    11. Dartmouth
    12. Union
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

  11. #111
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    184,341

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Morgan Ondrick signing NLoI https://www.instagram.com/p/BMpygeHDqeT/

    A web page mentioning Lauren Severson signing NLoI http://www.mystateline.com/sports/lo...ollege-choices.


    Edit: MO has either removed the Instagram or made it private. This is the tweet which let me to the Instagram:
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-15-2016 at 02:31 PM.

  12. #112
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    2,991

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Losing a pair of games to tough teams actually managed to increase our KRACH by a nominal amount, so hooray for strength of schedule. We weren't really expected to earn points, so nothing was lost, and because Harvard lost twice, we actually gained!

    RPI KRACH (RRWP): 62.29 (.4141)

    MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
    Points - 17.88 / 18 / 18 / 4 - 33
    Rank - 7.85 / 8 / 8 / 3 - 12
    Playoffs - 64.3%
    Most likely opponent - at SLU (22.4%)

    Conference Rankings:
    1. SLU
    2. Clarkson
    3. Colgate
    4. Quinnipiac
    5. Cornell
    6. Princeton
    7. Yale
    8. RPI

    9. Harvard
    10. Dartmouth
    11. Brown
    12. Union
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

  13. #113
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Losing a pair of games to tough teams actually managed to increase our KRACH by a nominal amount, so hooray for strength of schedule. We weren't really expected to earn points, so nothing was lost, and because Harvard lost twice, we actually gained!

    RPI KRACH (RRWP): 62.29 (.4141)

    MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
    Points - 17.88 / 18 / 18 / 4 - 33
    Rank - 7.85 / 8 / 8 / 3 - 12
    Playoffs - 64.3%
    Most likely opponent - at SLU (22.4%)

    Conference Rankings:
    1. SLU
    2. Clarkson
    3. Colgate
    4. Quinnipiac
    5. Cornell
    6. Princeton
    7. Yale
    8. RPI

    9. Harvard
    10. Dartmouth
    11. Brown
    12. Union
    Numbers may not show it but Clarkson is better

  14. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,408

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Losing a pair of games to tough teams actually managed to increase our KRACH by a nominal amount, so hooray for strength of schedule. We weren't really expected to earn points, so nothing was lost, and because Harvard lost twice, we actually gained!

    RPI KRACH (RRWP): 62.29 (.4141)

    MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
    Points - 17.88 / 18 / 18 / 4 - 33
    Rank - 7.85 / 8 / 8 / 3 - 12
    Playoffs - 64.3%
    Most likely opponent - at SLU (22.4%)

    Conference Rankings:
    1. SLU
    2. Clarkson
    3. Colgate
    4. Quinnipiac
    5. Cornell
    6. Princeton
    7. Yale
    8. RPI

    9. Harvard
    10. Dartmouth
    11. Brown
    12. Union
    This is starting to look like what I would have expected. I think the Harvard position is pretty real and accurate despite it being a huge departure from history. And the bottom 3 are pretty much a lock...

  15. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canmore, Alberta
    Posts
    2,793

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Anybody know why we were missing 2/3 of our top line on the weekend ? Tomlinson was out of the line-up for both games...Rooney played against St. Lawrence but missed the Clarkson game.

  16. #116
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Quote Originally Posted by hab View Post
    Anybody know why we were missing 2/3 of our top line on the weekend ? Tomlinson was out of the line-up for both games...Rooney played against St. Lawrence but missed the Clarkson game.
    Rooney out, I think shoulder, maybe clavicle.

  17. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,651

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Quote Originally Posted by giwan View Post
    Rooney out, I think shoulder, maybe clavicle.
    Most coaches today would just leave it as, "Upper Body", if even that specific.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  18. #118
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Losing a pair of games to tough teams actually managed to increase our KRACH by a nominal amount . . .
    Note: If your KRACH went up after a weekend when you got swept, it means that the teams you played earlier in the season did well, increasing your strength of schedule. One advantage KRACH has over RPI is that a loss never helps your rating, and a win never hurts it.

  19. #119
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Most coaches today would just leave it as, "Upper Body", if even that specific.
    Yeah I probably changed the betting odds. So then Tomlinson upper body as well.
    Last edited by giwan; 11-16-2016 at 08:02 AM.

  20. #120
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    2,991

    Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Note: If your KRACH went up after a weekend when you got swept, it means that the teams you played earlier in the season did well, increasing your strength of schedule. One advantage KRACH has over RPI is that a loss never helps your rating, and a win never hurts it.
    Thanks for the note. I don't think I ever put it together that strength of schedule can never override a loss because 0 wins is still 0, regardless of how many wins were expected.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •