RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hab View Post
    Haven't heard anything and I doubt we will hear anything from the team or the institution. I understand that college sports teams like to keep injury information close to the chest but for everyone who witnessed Taylor Schwalbe lying motionless on the ice for 25 minutes it sure would be nice to get some indication of whether or not she is okay. In the meantime, I guess we will just have to worry and hope for the best.
    It generally is the player and her family's decision to release info on injuries (see Denna Laing as an example). If she and her family choose to keep it private then that is their right - hope for the best and move along.

Comment

• Looking at their respective schedules of remaining games/opponents it appears that Harvard has a legitimate chance to take 8th place over RPI. They have an easier path than RPI. It's going to be interesting to see what happens down the stretch.

Comment

• Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

That's three straight, Hab.

Edit: She is a goalie. http://www.scgha.com/roster_players/...bseason=295923
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-31-2017, 02:13 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

That's three straight, Hab.

Edit: She is a goalie. http://www.scgha.com/roster_players/...bseason=295923
          I had no idea that I was so influential . You know, as I think about RPI's recruiting more carefully, it seems that some of their biggest success stories have been in Europe. Maybe not in terms of numbers, but quality. From the current team, two of their top players, Hansen and Selander, from Denmark and Sweden. And before she was injured Heidi (Hutamaki) Niskanen was shaping up to be their best ever defenceman, IMO.

Good to see the team thinking ahead to the difficult job of replacing Selander in net. It is always a bit of a risk to reach into the ranks of Midget teams for a recruit but you can't wait too long to find a strong goalie or you will find yourself dealing with the leftovers. Rampado is with a strong program and seems to be doing well. And in 2 1/2 years maybe she'll be 2 1/2 inches taller .
          Last edited by hab; 01-31-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            Looking at their respective schedules of remaining games/opponents it appears that Harvard has a legitimate chance to take 8th place over RPI. They have an easier path than RPI. It's going to be interesting to see what happens down the stretch.
            Yup, I was looking at the same thing...Harvard will definitely make a run at the playoffs and RPI will have to play their best hockey of the year in their final 6 games.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
              I had no idea that I was so influential . You know, as I think about RPI's recruiting more carefully, it seems that some of their biggest success stories have been in Europe. Maybe not in terms of numbers, but quality. From the current team, two of their top players, Hansen and Selander, from Denmark and Sweden. And before she was injured Heidi (Hutamaki) Niskanen was shaping up to be their best ever defenceman, IMO.

Good to see the team thinking ahead to the difficult job of replacing Selander in net. It is always a bit of a risk to reach into the ranks of Midget teams for a recruit but you can't wait too long to find a strong goalie or you will find yourself dealing with the leftovers. Rampado is with a strong program and seems to be doing well. And in 2 1/2 years maybe she'll be 2 1/2 inches taller .
              Of course, Hansen had been playing in the US.

I am going to have to locate the pictures from the Alumnae game over the weekend. If your daughter was there, she may have told you about a European recruit.

Edit: If she is in the 2nd picture, I won't be able to identify her even after clicking on it to enlarge it.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-31-2017, 03:24 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Of course, Hansen had been playing in the US.

I am going to have to locate the pictures from the Alumnae game over the weekend. If your daughter was there, she may have told you about a European recruit.

Edit: If she is in the 2nd picture, I won't be able to identify her even after clicking on it to enlarge it.
                No, my daughter wasn't there (she does try to get to most of the alumnae games despite the long trip). Curious about the Euro recruit, 'though.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                  It generally is the player and her family's decision to release info on injuries (see Denna Laing as an example). If she and her family choose to keep it private then that is their right - hope for the best and move along.
                  Agree with you completely HE33. These situations are always a matter for the individual player and his/her family. I vividly remember when my daughter was playing midget hockey and I arrived at a game a few minutes late, to see all of the players and refs gathered around a player down and motionless on the ice. Fear became panic as I saw the number on the back of the jersey. Fortunately, it was not a serious injury, but ever since then I have always reacted (overreacted?) when I have seen a similar situation. As you say...I hope for the best.

Comment

Agree with you completely HE33. These situations are always a matter for the individual player and his/her family. I vividly remember when my daughter was playing midget hockey and I arrived at a game a few minutes late, to see all of the players and refs gathered around a player down and motionless on the ice. Fear became panic as I saw the number on the back of the jersey. Fortunately, it was not a serious injury, but ever since then I have always reacted (overreacted?) when I have seen a similar situation. As you say...I hope for the best.
                    Sometimes its best to bite ones tongue. No streaming from Colgate?

Did the Alumni get a chance to mix with the current players?

Hab did your daughter enjoy her time at RPI and hockey?

Comment

No, my daughter wasn't there (she does try to get to most of the alumnae games despite the long trip). Curious about the Euro recruit, 'though.
                      I was kidding. I do not know of any women's recruit from Europe.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The Washington Pride vs. NAHA White in Vancouver http://www.jwhl.org/game/show/14633110. Julia Blitz (2019 recruit) is 14 in white.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-04-2017, 12:55 PM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Also CYA U19 (Delaney Weiss 10 [apparently not dressed] and Morgan Ondrick 15) vs. Pacific Steelers http://www.jwhl.org/game/show/14633112.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Also CYA U19 (Delaney Weiss 10 [apparently not dressed] and Morgan Ondrick 15) vs. Pacific Steelers http://www.jwhl.org/game/show/14633112.
                            Weiss was in the game, #17.

Comment

Weiss was in the game, #17.
                              oops.

here's the next one live.

Edit: I am not going to post more of these.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-05-2017, 08:04 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Harvard picks up a very big point in the standings with the tie vs Clarkson. Next weekend's games are going to be "Yuge!!" especially the head to head tilt next Saturday.
                                Last edited by shelfit; 02-05-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X