• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    He's now pitching vodka.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

Hylwa signed by NY Riveters:
      https://mysportswritingportfolio.wor...e-add-rookies/

Comment

It somehow got posted in the men's thread, not this one, but John Burke was fired today. AD McElroy's explanation for the delay was that he was so busy with finding Appert's replacement at the end of the women's season to handle it then. Never mind that Smith was hired to that position nearly three months ago... McElroy will be carrying out a "restricted search" to replace Burke and expects to hire a replacement within 10 days.

It sucks to see the man who brought the program up to the D-I ranks let go so unceremoniously, but as some posters here have been glad to point out, it's been a long time coming. Hopefully whoever fills Burke's shoes can build us up from a perennial bubble team to a club that, you know, contends for home ice every once in a while.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          It somehow got posted in the men's thread, not this one, but John Burke was fired today. AD McElroy's explanation for the delay was that he was so busy with finding Appert's replacement at the end of the women's season to handle it then. Never mind that Smith was hired to that position nearly three months ago... McElroy will be carrying out a "restricted search" to replace Burke and expects to hire a replacement within 10 days.It sucks to see the man who brought the program up to the D-I ranks let go so unceremoniously, but as some posters here have been glad to point out, it's been a long time coming. Hopefully whoever fills Burke's shoes can build us up from a perennial bubble team to a club that, you know, contends for home ice every once in a while.

That article made the AD look very bad, McElroy was avoiding questions and gave no good response why not to do a national search, let alone why this is happening now.

Hiring "interim" replacement which shows little care or interest in the team.

Why does it suck? Looks like he had plenty of ceremony with how many years JB allowed the program to be in mediocrity. No reason or excuse why the team can't contend for more than home ice.

Comment

This thread is dead - move over to the 17-18 thread where this discussion is active

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
              This thread is dead - move over to the 17-18 thread where this discussion is active
              Oh, thanks. I didn't realize we had shifted over.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
              X