Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    Harvard picks up a very big point in the standings with the tie vs Clarkson. Next weekend's games are going to be "Yuge!!" especially the head to head tilt next Saturday.
    The playoff race will be a nail-biter for sure (that seems to be an annual tradition for the Engineers). Hard to see how RPI holds onto 8th without a win (or at least a tie) against Harvard, given the fact that Harvard's remaining three games (Union, Brown, Yale) are softer than RPI's (Dartmouth, QU, PU).

Comment

• Originally posted by hab View Post
      The playoff race will be a nail-biter for sure (that seems to be an annual tradition for the Engineers). Hard to see how RPI holds onto 8th without a win (or at least a tie) against Harvard, given the fact that Harvard's remaining three games (Union, Brown, Yale) are softer than RPI's (Dartmouth, QU, PU).
      I think RPI is going to need to beat Dartmouth on Friday. I don't see Harvard losing to Union this time around. If RPI loses to Dartmouth it's highly likely that Harvard will arrive on Saturday just one point behind RPI and extremely hungry to head home after the game one point ahead of them. RPI is on home ice for these 2 critical games so that has to be to their advantage, or so you'd think.
      Last edited by shelfit; 02-05-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

All three of our JWHL U19 recruits (Blitz, Ondrick, Weiss) will be playing in the league All-Star game on 2/16 at the Kettler Capitals Iceplex in Ballston, VA.

I may go but I am more likely to go to the tourney from 2/17 to 2/20.

The other AS team:
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks to a post by vicb on the Clarkson board I found out that Josefine Hansen will be missing this weekend's games due to being in Arosa Switzerland playing for Denmark in an Olympic qualifying tournament. http://w-groupc.pyeongchang2018.iihf.hockey/.

Roster http://w-groupc.pyeongchang2018.iihf.../en/teams/#DEN. (click on Roster)

They lost their first game to Switzerland today 6-1 http://w-groupc.pyeongchang2018.iihf...9/DEN-vs-SUI//
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-09-2017, 09:17 PM. Reason: forgot to include family name
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Thanks to a post by vicb on the Clarkson board I found out that Josefine will be missing this weekend's games due to being in Arosa Switzerland playing for Denmark in an Olympic qualifying tournament. http://w-groupc.pyeongchang2018.iihf.hockey/.

Roster http://w-groupc.pyeongchang2018.iihf.../en/teams/#DEN. (click on Roster)

They lost their first game to Switzerland today 6-1 http://w-groupc.pyeongchang2018.iihf...9/DEN-vs-SUI//
            You're welcome Ralph.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

We can clinch a playoff berth this weekend with a couple wins or three points with the win over Harvard. Losing to the Crimson wouldn't doom us, but even with a win against Dartmouth, it would significantly hurt our chances.

RPI KRACH (RRWP): 37.22 (0.3153)

MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
              Points - 15.98 / 16 / 15 / 13 - 21
              Rank - 8.25 / 8 / 8 / 7 - 10
              Playoffs - 74.3%
              Most likely opponent - at Clarkson (49.0%)

Conference Rankings:
              1. Clarkson
              2. SLU
              3. Cornell
              4. Princeton
                —————
              5. Quinnipiac
              6. Colgate
              7. Yale
              8. RPI
                —————
                —————
              9. Harvard
              10. Dartmouth
              11. Brown
              12. Union

Playoff odds after this weekend:
              Code:
              |    |        Ha       |
              |    |  W  |  T  |  L  |
              ------------------------
              |  |W|100.0| 93.7| 63.6|
              |Da|T|100.0| 86.1| 45.8|
              |  |L| 93.8| 62.3| 23.2|
              Last edited by lugnut92; 02-09-2017, 06:32 PM.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I think we win both. Seems like the team is playing better lately. Hope the student body and area can start supporting this team like they do the men's team. Go RPI

Comment

Originally posted by 99hockey View Post
                  I think we win both. Seems like the team is playing better lately. Hope the student body and area can start supporting this team like they do the men's team. Go RPI
                  I love the optimism. This will be a tough, tough weekend especially without Hansen. Our freshmen D will have to step up and play a lot better than they have so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 99hockey View Post
                    I hate to say it, but because student body support of the men's team has been decreasing over the years, your hope is most likely to be achieved if the support of the men's team continues to decrease.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                      Why is it an annual tradition?

Comment

• Oh boy! Tomorrow's game is huge for both teams. It should be a heck of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          Playoff odds after this weekend:
                          Code:
                          |    |        Ha       |
                          |    |  W  |  T  |  L  |
                          ------------------------
                          |  |W|100.0| 93.7| 63.6|
                          |Da|T|100.0| 86.1| 45.8|
                          |  |L| 93.8| 62.3| 23.2|
                          It looks like that we won the correct game with a split.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            It looks like that we won the correct game with a split.
                            Yes indeed. Huge victory!

Comment

Now the Engineers need at least a tie in one of four games -- their two and two for Harvard. In terms of favorites/underdogs, the best chance would seem to be Friday with Yale at Harvard. Harvard has shown it can tie a lot of teams but has a hard time finding many that it can beat.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Now the Engineers need at least a tie in one of four games -- their two and two for Harvard. In terms of favorites/underdogs, the best chance would seem to be Friday with Yale at Harvard. Harvard has shown it can tie a lot of teams but has a hard time finding many that it can beat.
                                I'm not usually considered to be a pessimist when it comes to RPI hockey, but in my opinion the Engineers still face a huge challenge in making the playoffs. I believe they will need at least a tie against Quinnipiac or Princeton and that will be very tough because a) they are very good teams; b) they are playing at home; and c) these are big games for them as they are in a battle for home ice advantage in the playoffs.

I think that RPI has to assume that Harvard will win both their games at home on the final weekend, against a weak Brown team and a Yale team that has much less to play for than Harvard (Yale can't finish higher than their current 7th spot and has very little chance of finishing eighth...and cant finish out of the playoffs).

Comment

Working...
                                X