RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    I can't believe that the RPI fans aren't celebrating here - better to back into the playoffs than not get in at all. I mean, seriously, it's not like you're shoo-in regulars every year. And if you're there you have a chance. Harvard, Brown, Dartmouth, and Union wish that they had that chance. So celebrate a little for gosh sake.
    Wow, I can't believe it! This is great! RPI made the playoffs! Nothing like this has ever happened before!!!!!

Happy yet?
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
      Wow, I can't believe it! This is great! RPI made the playoffs! Nothing like this has ever happened before!!!!!

Happy yet?
      Exactly. So they get to play 2 extra games, 3 if they're extremely lucky. Big deal.

Comment

• Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        Exactly. So they get to play 2 extra games, 3 if they're extremely lucky. Big deal.
        RPI played with a lot of heart today I would say. Never gave up and gave Clarkson a run for their money, especially in Period 2.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          RPI played with a lot of heart today I would say. Never gave up and gave Clarkson a run for their money, especially in Period 2.
          And where to now?

Comment

Will Burke be the next coach fired at RPI? From what I hear, he is not well liked by his players(past and present).

Comment

Originally posted by rpi hockey View Post
              Will Burke be the next coach fired at RPI? From what I hear, he is not well liked by his players(past and present).
              Just read Seth got the axe, with 11 seasons and a .418 win percentage, 3 winning seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                Just read Seth got the axe, with 11 seasons and a .418 win percentage, 3 winning seasons.
                Burke .453 win percentage in 14 seasons and his last winning season was 2009-10. AD needs to clean house and start fresh with both teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi hockey View Post
                  Burke .453 win percentage in 14 seasons and his last winning season was 2009-10. AD needs to clean house and start fresh with both teams.
                  Agreed. Most people here know I've been saying they need a new women's coach for quite a while. However I don't believe in giving the players any power in these decisions. Just like a coach is supposed to make good hockey decisions, an AD needs to make good athletics decisions based on facts, stats, etc, not players' opinions of their coaches. Do you know how many coaches of any sport would lose their jobs if these decisions we're made based on if their players "like them" or not?! Please, don't be so ridiculous! Head coaches are not going to win popularity contests anytime soon if it's up to their players' opinions. Assistant coaches are another matter entirely because they are more easily liked by their players because they are the good cops, remember?
                  Last edited by shelfit; 03-06-2017, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks Buccigross

Comment

Originally posted by rpi hockey View Post
                      Given we've been barely making it to the top 8 in the past couple years, and then finishing on the outside the couple years before that, I would say next missed playoffs and he's out. Also, how far did Knowlton extend Burke's contract?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        Thanks Buccigross
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• [QUOTE=FlagDUDE08;6459146]Given we've been barely making it to the top 8 in the past couple years, and then finishing on the outside the couple years before that, I would say next missed playoffs and he's out. Also, how far did Knowlton extend Burke's contract?

Buy him out too if need be. If you don't include his 3 seasons as a d3 coach, he had 2 winning seasons. Change is long overdue. It will not be long before Union starts beating us.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            I was quite surprised by this when I read about a dozen tweets about this. I would have guessed that like the men, the women get new uniforms every year. (The men didn't when I was a student.) I also was surprised that this averages to about $50 a uniform if it is for both home and away and twice as much if only one set. I would think that uniforms cost a lot more.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I was quite surprised by this when I read about a dozen tweets about this. I would have guessed that like the men, the women get new uniforms every year. (The men didn't when I was a student.) I also was surprised that this averages to about $50 a uniform if it is for both home and away and twice as much if only one set. I would think that uniforms cost a lot more.
                              Based on their other tweets, this is to buy a new set of third jerseys, not to replace their current home/aways.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                                Based on their other tweets, this is to buy a new set of third jerseys, not to replace their current home/aways.
                                Is this for real? If so, to me it seems pretty shocking that a D1 school is seeking donations for uniforms. While I recognize that RPI is a great engineering school, if you are a D1 recruit with any other options, why would you go to a school that doesn't support its program enough to buy uniforms, even if its a 3rd set? Most programs have so much schwag for the girls with clothes, equipment etc. that it would be a hard sell in my opinion.
                                Last edited by Rightnut; 03-08-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X