Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Engineers 2016-2017: 10 Years on

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    This is starting to look like what I would have expected. I think the Harvard position is pretty real and accurate despite it being a huge departure from history. And the bottom 3 are pretty much a lock...
    It is real. We are bordering on godawful this year. It might be Katey's worst team since the mid nineties. We're in for a couple of more years like this unless we have a big jump in recruiting.

Comment

So yesterday against Mercyhurst the entire top line was out, along with 3 other players. I know there are at least a couple of injuries but I assume that the flu must be going through the team as well? We will see if there is a short bench again today. Selander also sat out yesterday's game but that may have been to give Bombay a start in a non-conference game. Bombay played pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
        So yesterday against Mercyhurst the entire top line was out, along with 3 other players. I know there are at least a couple of injuries but I assume that the flu must be going through the team as well? We will see if there is a short bench again today. Selander also sat out yesterday's game but that may have been to give Bombay a start in a non-conference game. Bombay played pretty well.
        Short bench, mostly injuries and yes that is why Selander sat. Should have beaten them to be honest, but not if you play like that.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          Short bench, mostly injuries and yes that is why Selander sat. Should have beaten them to be honest, but not if you play like that.
          Playing much worse today. Lakers lead 5-1 after one period! Selander was pulled after giving up 3 goals in 5:42 and Bombay now in net. Shots were 17-3, many of the shots coming on 2 long 5 on 3 situations.

Comment

Playing much worse today. Lakers lead 5-1 after one period! Selander was pulled after giving up 3 goals in 5:42 and Bombay now in net. Shots were 17-3, many of the shots coming on 2 long 5 on 3 situations.
            WOW what is going on. I see the team is young but still.

Comment

That could have gone better. At least they weren't league games. Our margin over Dartmouth is currently just over a point, so we're walking a fairly thin line. That said, there's nothing we can do about it until next weekend, so let's just put in a couple of good games against RIT and earn some R__ bragging rights.

RPI KRACH (RRWP): 44.30 (.3536)

MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
              Points - 16.70 / 17 / 16 and 17 / 4 - 31
              Rank - 8.31 / 8 / 8 / 3 - 12
              Playoffs - 56.3%
              Most likely opponent - at SLU (26.4%)

Conference Rankings:
              1. SLU
              2. Clarkson
              3. Quinnipiac
              4. Colgate
                —————
              5. Cornell
              6. Princeton
              7. Yale
              8. RPI
                —————
                —————
              9. Dartmouth
              10. Harvard
              11. Brown
              12. Union
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Last weekend proved that you can't take 4 forwards of the caliber of Horwood, Rooney, Tomlinson and Thomas out of lineup and still be competitive. Does anyone have news about the timing of when we might see these four back in uniform? Could be a long season if these are long term injuries.

Comment

Okay, so it was only RIT. But it was so nice to see RPI returning to form with Horwood, Thomas, and Tomlinson back in the lineup, all of whom had strong games in the Engineers 5-1 win today. Still missing Rooney.

Comment

Well, we got the split, and I'll take the two-game, total-goals win. Bragging rights attained. That said, RIT was bad and we shouldn't have to win on aggregate. In the end, pretty much nothing actually changed.

Now we move into the last weekend before the break where we need to be able to pull down a few points in order to keep on a playoff pace.

RPI KRACH (RRWP): 35.95 (.3157)

MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
                    Points - 16.21 / 16 / 16 / 4 - 33
                    Rank - 8.37 / 8 / 8 / 3 - 12
                    Playoffs - 54.3%
                    Most likely opponent - at SLU (27.2%)

Conference Rankings:
                    1. SLU
                    2. Clarkson
                    3. Quinnipiac
                    4. Colgate
                      —————
                    5. Cornell
                    6. Princeton
                    7. Yale
                    8. RPI
                      —————
                      —————
                    9. Dartmouth
                    10. Harvard
                    11. Brown
                    12. Union
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Julia Blitz's stats for this year http://www.pridehockey.com/roster_pl...bseason=303970

mention on Pride's Facebook page of commitment https://www.facebook.com/pridehockey/?fref=nf

Edit: I was scrolling down the Pride's Facebook page and noticed the link to the article on former Washington Pride skater Alexa Gruschow which was posted earlier. Alisa Harrison also played for them.

I also noticed that SLU and Mercyhurst will be playing a two-game series at the Kettler Capitals Iceplex in January. Maybe RPI will do this someday. The Iceplex is the Washington Capitals' two-rink practice facility. It sits on top of the multilevel garage of the Ballston Common Mall in Arlington, VA. http://www.kettlercapitalsiceple*****/
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-30-2016, 01:56 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI's recruiting from Canada, while never high, seems to have really fallen off in the last few years. For ECAC teams (being so far from the other recruiting hotbed of Minnesota) recruiting from Canada seems to be a success factor. Here are the current conference win % and % of Canadians on each of the rosters:
                          Clarkson 95% wins 73% Canadians
                          SLU 85 39
                          QU 75 33
                          Colgate 72 62
                          Cornell 72 58
                          Princeton 55 50
                          Yale 31 21
                          RPI 25 17
                          Harvard 21 27
                          Dartmouth 14 52
                          Brown 13 24
                          Union 0 26
                          All of the teams with below 30% Canadians are in the bottom half of the league. I don't think that generally the number of Canadians is key, its maybe just an indicator of how aggressively teams recruit. Boston College, for example (and of course the WCHA teams) have had great success without significant Canadian recruiting. Another interesting point about current standings is that RPI and Union are the only non-ivies who are not at the top of the standings. Union and the Ivies don't offer athletic scholarships. With RPI how much of it is the nature of the academic programs (difficult to get into, and heavily science oriented) and how much of it just insufficient attention to recruiting? Most Canadian provinces provide a higher standard of high school science and math prep for college so you would think that it would be a logical recruiting ground for RPI.

Comment

RPI's recruiting from Canada, while never high, seems to have really fallen off in the last few years. For ECAC teams (being so far from the other recruiting hotbed of Minnesota) recruiting from Canada seems to be a success factor. Here are the current conference win % and % of Canadians on each of the rosters:
                            Clarkson 95% wins 73% Canadians
                            SLU 85 39
                            QU 75 33
                            Colgate 72 62
                            Cornell 72 58
                            Princeton 55 50
                            Yale 31 21
                            RPI 25 17
                            Harvard 21 27
                            Dartmouth 14 52
                            Brown 13 24
                            Union 0 26
                            All of the teams with below 30% Canadians are in the bottom half of the league. I don't think that generally the number of Canadians is key, its maybe just an indicator of how aggressively teams recruit. Boston College, for example (and of course the WCHA teams) have had great success without significant Canadian recruiting. Another interesting point about current standings is that RPI and Union are the only non-ivies who are not at the top of the standings. Union and the Ivies don't offer athletic scholarships. With RPI how much of it is the nature of the academic programs (difficult to get into, and heavily science oriented) and how much of it just insufficient attention to recruiting? Most Canadian provinces provide a higher standard of high school science and math prep for college so you would think that it would be a logical recruiting ground for RPI.
                            I too have noticed that the number of Canadians has been falling in recent years. I don't know the cause, but I don't think it is on purpose since the only Canadian in the freshman class (Repaci) is the leading scorer.

As has been pointed out before, by you I think, since the opportunities for playing pro are very limited for women, they rightfully consider academics more which means science/engineering. OTOH, "the ratio" may work in favor of recruiting women as pointed out by the first comment on the Facebook link I gave for Julia Blitz's commitment.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I too have noticed that the number of Canadians has been falling in recent years. I don't know the cause, but I don't think it is on purpose since the only Canadian in the freshman class (Repaci) is the leading scorer.

As has been pointed out before, by you I think, since the opportunities for playing pro are very limited for women, they rightfully consider academics more which means science/engineering. OTOH, "the ratio" may work in favor of recruiting women as pointed out by the first comment on the Facebook link I gave for Julia Blitz's commitment.
                              I would tell you it has nothing to do with recruiting Canadians or not. You already proved that by showing how the WCHA is stocked. Honestly I believe the answer is more basic, simple and right in front of you so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                                I would tell you it has nothing to do with recruiting Canadians or not. You already proved that by showing how the WCHA is stocked. Honestly I believe the answer is more basic, simple and right in front of you so to speak.
                                I have no idea what you are talking about. The answer to what?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X