Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Open Wheel Racing- this Haas to be a great Roissing year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Open Wheel Racing- this Haas to be a great Roissing year.

Game on!

Re: 2016 Open Wheel Racing- this Haas to be a great Roissing year.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Game on!
    Thursday night, 9:30pm ET, NBCSN, Practice 1 being shown live from Australia.

At 8:30, they have an hour show about Haas and an American team returning to F1.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Well, Indycar season is now underway. Was exciting to see it start again. Not excited to see that puke JPM win again though.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Thursday night, 9:30pm ET, NBCSN, Practice 1 being shown live from Australia.

At 8:30, they have an hour show about Haas and an American team returning to F1.
        Thanks for the heads up. Mostly American money. No American drivers or pit crew members. But this isn't really any different from other teams in FI. Mercedes AMG Petronas has a director or principle who is not German. Most F1 teams today are multi-national in composition. Much unlike 50 years a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Thanks for the heads up. Mostly American money. No American drivers or pit crew members. But this isn't really any different from other teams in FI. Mercedes AMG Petronas has a director or principle who is not German. Most F1 teams today are multi-national in composition. Much unlike 50 years a go.
          That is true. It is in many ways odd how people fawn over the nationality of a team. Outside of Ferrari (and maybe McLaren and Williams for British, though the former was started by a Kiwi), you really cannot identify a team with a particular country.

Having said that, I'm most interested in how Haas does the first year, because he seems to be doing it right for a debut team, something many of the recent debut teams have not.
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Well, Indycar season is now underway. Was exciting to see it start again. Not excited to see that puke JPM win again though.
            Connor Daily looked pretty good out there- if not for his car getting stuff in the radiator, he may have been clear of Rossi at the end.

Ok race, but not spectacular- kind of a bummer to have a good clean race messed up with a terrible wreck. Oh, well.

Comment

Free practice one in 65 min, a show about Haas in 5. Can't wait to see the class of 2016 take the track!

Comment

Well, that new qualifying format did not work ... to say the least.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Terrible start for Hamilton, and he dragged Rosberg back a few positions with him (it seemed). But he dragged himself back into second- which is good. Rosberg did well to pressure Vettel, and then use the medium tires for a one stop race.

Given the fact that the red flag meant everyone could change tires- it was interesting to see Vettel not go to the medium tires, too. I thought that it cooked Hamilton's comeback. But neither he, nor the Red Bull nor the TR's did it. So.

Speaking of the change of tires- that red flag meant that Haas didn't need a pit, ever. AND 6th PLACE FOR THEIR FIRST RACE!!!!! Holy cow, that's awesome!

As for Guieterrez- I'm glad to see him and, more importantly, Alonso ok after that pretty bad accident. I when I saw the Haas in the gravel, I didn't even notice the McLaren- as it didn't look like a car. Then Fernando climbed out. Whew.

I had thought that Albert Park was easier to pass than that. Not so much....

Comment

INDY is close to selling out for the first time since 1995😀

Great news. Brian vickers wants to race at Indy? That would be interesting for sure but I'd rather see Kyle Busch give it a whirl.

...on another note; Gary Brabham is a scumbag. Wow
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      INDY is close to selling out for the first time since 1995��

Great news. Brian vickers wants to race at Indy? That would be interesting for sure but I'd rather see Kyle Busch give it a whirl.

...on another note; Gary Brabham is a scumbag. Wow
                      Gee, I wonder what that year corresponds to...?

Busch says he's not going to do it. Didn't hear Vickers was interested.

Okay, I must have missed something. What does your Gary Brabham comment refer to?
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        Gee, I wonder what that year corresponds to...?

Busch says he's not going to do it. Didn't hear Vickers was interested.

Okay, I must have missed something. What does your Gary Brabham comment refer to?
                        Gary was convicted of molesting a girl from ages 6 to 11... Lock him up and throw away the key imo

The article is up on racer.com from last week
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I don't understand why they didn't stick to ditching the new qualifying format in F1. It was a complete bust, but was it simply due to the teams not understanding it?

I agree with Penske and Mears when they say Indycar needs to shed downforce. I like the aero kit war, but the downforce increase is a result of that, so, I'm not so sure....
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

If anyone hasn't heard- Alonso is out this weekend. The big accident resulted in a collapsed lung- which is fine. But the ribs are still touchy. So he's not running this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              Gary was convicted of molesting a girl from ages 6 to 11... Lock him up and throw away the key imo

The article is up on racer.com from last week
                              Wow. I missed that article. Yeah, I agree with you.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                              X