Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Open Wheel Racing- this Haas to be a great Roissing year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Open Wheel Racing- this Haas to be a great Roissing year.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Pagenaud is gonna choke like JPM did last year.
    Bad prediction #1,023,954
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Tickets for Austin came in the mail this week!
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

ICYMI - Formula E is coming to Brooklyn next year and there is also supposed to be a GT electric series as well.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          ICYMI - Formula E is coming to Brooklyn next year and there is also supposed to be a GT electric series as well.
          What a crappy location. Of course, that's the only way they ever could have held a street race anywhere in the five boroughs. But, it's in a freaking shipyard.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Josef Newgarden leaves Ed Carpenter racing to move to THE CAPTAIN. Wow...not unexpected on Newgarden's part but for Penske to dump Montoya after 1 INDY 500 win and a 2nd place in the championship last season is interesting. I wish he'd have dumped Will Power instead.

Montoya to Carpenter or Foyt is the rumor.

and the talent pool of young american's seeking an Indycar ride is huge right now
            Spencer Pigot
            RC Enerson
            Shelby Blackstock
            Sage Karem

Will Conor Daly be back?
            and the list goes on and on, this is as deep a crop of talented U.S. drivers as I've seen in a long long time
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              and the list goes on and on, this is as deep a crop of talented U.S. drivers as I've seen in a long long time
              All it took was a re-uniting of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Josef Newgarden leaves Ed Carpenter racing to move to THE CAPTAIN. Wow...not unexpected on Newgarden's part but for Penske to dump Montoya after 1 INDY 500 win and a 2nd place in the championship last season is interesting. I wish he'd have dumped Will Power instead.

Montoya to Carpenter or Foyt is the rumor.

and the talent pool of young american's seeking an Indycar ride is huge right now
                Spencer Pigot
                RC Enerson
                Shelby Blackstock
                Sage Karem

Will Conor Daly be back?
                JN to Penske seems 100% done but is not announced yet. We knew he was the big one and his one-year extension with ECR last year signalled his waiting for a big spot to open up. This may have been in the works for over a year to be honest.

Andretti-Herta just got a contract done with Rossi so that is one slot done.

Also would not rule out JPM to reunite back up with Uncle Chip. They have a relationship. Kanaan is probably still good and Dixon and Kimball are not going anywhere (Kimball because of his sponsorship that he brings with him) so I guess that makes you wonder if he dumps a rookie again in Chilton. I think Chilton has some chops and doesn't crash his car every night like Karam did but if he has to break this egg to get Montoya maybe?

Surely Hawksworth has got to go and that will open up a spot for JPM possibly.

Regarding Daly, I thought he really was tremendous this year in a lot of ways. Just had some bad luck and made some bad decisions but I feel like he has a good future ahead of him. Says all the right things too.

A lot of movement in the offseason. Again not unexpected but interesting to sit back and watch it happen.

Also curious what happens with Target going out. What will the sponsorship situation be with Dixon?
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Also would not rule out JPM to reunite back up with Uncle Chip. They have a relationship. Kanaan is probably still good and Dixon and Kimball are not going anywhere (Kimball because of his sponsorship that he brings with him) so I guess that makes you wonder if he dumps a rookie again in Chilton. I think Chilton has some chops and doesn't crash his car every night like Karam did but if he has to break this egg to get Montoya maybe?
                  Chilton brings a LOT of money. That's how he got the ride in the first place on such a top notch team. He's not going anywhere.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

JN to Penske seems 100% done but is not announced yet.
                    It's announced now...

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/13...arden-for-2017
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Chilton brings a LOT of money. That's how he got the ride in the first place on such a top notch team. He's not going anywhere.
                      That's right... isn't his dad like CEO of Gallagher or something?

OK to JN to Penske is done. Things are going to get interesting from here on out. Kind of bummed, I liked JN with ECR. Love the guy, great talent, tougher to root for in a Penske ride though.

Comment

Holy ****. This is amazing. The first time you hear an F1 engine in person... Goosebumps.

Amazing seats in turn 12.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Well that was uneventful. Sucks that Max DNF. But of course Hamilton and Nico took the top two spots.
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Holy ****. This is amazing. The first time you hear an F1 engine in person... Goosebumps.

Amazing seats in turn 12.
                            Imagine what that sound was like a few years ago...

When I went, the first year in COTA, I sat in 15 (got the tickets half priced off StubHub). I thought 12 would be better, but I really enjoyed my seats. Got to see a heck of a lot more overtaking than I expected (as well as a lot of the track). And from watching the race yesterday, it appears I would have seen a lot again.

I figured if you are getting grandstand tickets, you can't go wrong in either 12 or 15.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Yeah, but I actually be liked the sound of the new engines. It's amazing when they are coming in at 200+ and they decelerate to hit that 70 degree turn.

I got to hear the masters race featuring open wheel cars from the late 70s and 80s. Including a couple of those dream lotus cars. They were loud and rumbly, but it was just raw noise. The new engines sound like technology advancing. It was an engineer's dream.
                              Code:

Comment

Well, that was a boring fight for third place at Mexico... LOL

And then the officials changed it twice!

And glad to see Vettel as calm as ever.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X