Whichever is cheaper
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

By the way, I know several of you are interested in this -- the semifinals are ticketed separately, allowing you to leave and re-enter between games.

I'm not sure how nobody thought of ticketing the games separately before this, that seems like the perfect way to do this logistically.

Comment

I think Minnesota and Wisconsin are pretty equal except ARD is the deciding factor for them moving to the final. BC has too much firepower for Clarkson and I also think for even Wisconsin. This does seem like their year.

If it would happen that Minnesota were able to get by Wisconsin and join BC in the final that would probably, from a pure offensive standpoint, be the most entertaining matchup.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I made my prediction months ago and taken a load of grief because of it, I'll stick with it anyway.

Comment

The only thing I know about the 2nd semifinal is that either Minnesota or Wisconsin will DEFINITELY win.

I have no idea which one though. Wicked compelling matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            The only thing I know about the 2nd semifinal is that either Minnesota or Wisconsin will DEFINITELY win.

I have no idea which one though. Wicked compelling matchup.
            I think a BC/UM matchup would be a race hose game, up and down with lots of great plays; might end up 7-5 with an empty netter at the end. A BC/UW game would be a lot lower scoring I think. It will depend on how the games are called though. UW looks to have decided that the physical game is key & if they are allowed free rein they win rather easily. If the refs call by the rules they will have a much tougher time of it. I do hope this is not the future of womens hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
              I made my prediction months ago and taken a load of grief because of it...
              And rightly so.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                And rightly so.
                I admit my reason for making the call was not reality based & you know that. But here it is March and my choosing UW over UM does not look unrealistic. I am much more concerned about the coming years as it looks like W is loaded for the future. I remember the last championship streak they were on & their fans were obnoxious, I have tried really hard not to be that way while M was on top. I hope not to have to deal with the previous stuff again.

BTW - I did take steps to try to undo the damage that made me pick W but this field is all new to me so I don't know if it was the right thing to do or if it will work.

Comment

But here it is March and my choosing UW over UM does not look unrealistic.
                  Being a fan is not about being correct.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I admit my reason for making the call was not reality based & you know that. But here it is March and my choosing UW over UM does not look unrealistic. I am much more concerned about the coming years as it looks like W is loaded for the future. I remember the last championship streak they were on & their fans were obnoxious, I have tried really hard not to be that way while M was on top. I hope not to have to deal with the previous stuff again.

BTW - I did take steps to try to undo the damage that made me pick W but this field is all new to me so I don't know if it was the right thing to do or if it will work.
                    Your underselling Minnesota future me thinks...
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Of course, I want to see Wisconsin play BC.

But I'd also love to see a game between Minn and BC.

Can we do it as an Olympics-style round-robin group play thing?

Comment

I remember the last championship streak they were on & their fans were obnoxious, I have tried really hard not to be that way while M was on top.

So then that must not have been you sitting behind me at LaBahn last season.

Comment

I think a BC/UM matchup would be a race horse game, up and down with lots of great plays; might end up 7-5 with an empty netter at the end.
                          I feel like this whole BC run has finally set up for us to get the BC/UM game we all deserve. As much as Wisconsin is equally as good as the Gophers.

I am SO EXCITED you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            I feel like this whole BC run has finally set up for us to get the BC/UM game we all deserve. As much as Wisconsin is equally as good as the Gophers.

I am SO EXCITED you guys.
                            Grant, other than a four overtime game, do you have a preference? You'd rather see Minn than Wisconsin?

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              Grant, other than a four overtime game, do you have a preference? You'd rather see Minn than Wisconsin?
                              I've been going back and forth between who I'd rather play as far as who I think we're more likely to beat and I'm at the point now where it really doesn't make a difference from that perspective.

As far as who I want to play from an entertainment perspective, I have to admit I would rather it be the Gophers. It just feel like it's built up to this for years... And like ne7minder said, that would be a breathless up and down game.

Comment

Working...
                              X