Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2015-2016 Part Duex: Enjoy the Ride at the Gahden Party!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2015-2016 Part Duex: Enjoy the Ride at the Gahden Party!

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Yes they are. As TheRevengence said, the truth is somewhere in the middle. The middle of a 28% chance and an 86% chance is a 57% chance of beating NoDak and even that is high in my opinion. I would say one of the best teams in the country all year vs. the hottest team in the country is about a coin flip with maybe a slight edge going to the (artist formally known as) Sioux.
    NoDak is overrated.
    12th straight season making the tourney, no NC to show for it (in that time span)

That being said, no reason to underestimate them - they just lost and tied in the NCHC tourney.

Fighting Crows? Pigeons?

I'll think of something....

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2015-2016 Part Duex: Enjoy the Ride at the Gahden Party!

Unless we play Notre Dame in the Hockey East Quarterfinals next year, we played our last Hockey East games in the Compton Family Ice Arena. Too bad. That was a nice venue and great people.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
        It's just now starting to sync in. Saturday night was one of the top 2 moments I've ever had as a sports fan. Only other thing that compares is the Bruins winning the 2011 1970 Cup. "Orr...behind the net to Sanderson, back to Orr!!!!! BOBBY ORRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! Scores!!!! And the Bahston Bruins have won the Stanley Cup!!!! ...The immortal Dan Kelley
        fyp
        Last edited by chickod; 03-22-2016, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamealdred View Post
          Unless we play Notre Dame in the Hockey East Quarterfinals next year, we played our last Hockey East games in the Compton Family Ice Arena. Too bad. That was a nice venue and great people.
          Quarterfinals must have scared em off
          GO NU!
          --------------------------------------------------
          2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

https://www.flickr.com/photos/882983...57663951798604

^ Photos from the Hockey East Finals. Hell of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamealdred View Post
              An added bonus that we went 6-2-1 in their barn since it opened.
              Originally posted by Bakunin
              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Didn't know where to post.. so posting in our thread..
                bit off topic from NU Hockey.. but not really.. its re D1 conf/ tournament attendance.. (article with graphs included).. last 3 yrs.. not good.. great sport & a bargain.. someone higher up please pay attention.. Hockey East holding up pretty well.. still.. overall health..

http://www.uscho.com/2016/03/23/grap...rcent-in-2016/

and Go NU!
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

The 3 years NU made the Garden (09, 11, 16, since I've been following college hockey) all saw a boost in attendance

Comment

.I just want to take back my lack of confidence,no open criticism of Jim Madigan's coaching abilities,never,his personal qualities,his dedication to NU has never been in question....I just want to say to the guys that stuck by him,thick and thin...YOU WERE RIGHT! and you are all great guys (NU fans) Madigan has the tools and has proven to be and excellent coach,Im eating my words,Im sorry and Im thankful he's at the helm.
                    I was wrong about Claude Julien for the B's (like a lotta folks) and I was wrong about Jim Madigan.Whether they keep winning or not he's proven himself..you can take shots at me if you want...go ahead..All that said,Im overjoyed and truly a #HappyHusky right now and leaving work early to see the NU/ND game #GoNU

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                      NoDak is overrated.
                      12th straight season making the tourney, no NC to show for it (in that time span)

That being said, no reason to underestimate them - they just lost and tied in the NCHC tourney.

Fighting Crows? Pigeons?

I'll think of something....
                      they've been spittin it up for sure

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        they've been spittin it up for sure
                        ..so hawkward..
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Awhile ago I took shots at the fan base for not attending tailgates, pre-game, games and making trips and I was shouted down. The NU fan bus was cancelled because we couldn't get 30 people to make the trip to Cincy! DISGUSTED! YOU DONT DESERVE THIS TEAM, YOU BUNCH OF FRAUDS!!!

Comment

That or it's Easter weekend plus not many students can just cancel two full days of class or co-op with three days notice. And I say this as someone who is driving 13 hours after work starting at 11 PM tomorrow night to get there. I wouldn't have been able to leave at 8 AM tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinRoy4HobeyBaker View Post
                              Awhile ago I took shots at the fan base for not attending tailgates, pre-game, games and making trips and I was shouted down. The NU fan bus was cancelled because we couldn't get 30 people to make the trip to Cincy! DISGUSTED! YOU DONT DESERVE THIS TEAM, YOU BUNCH OF FRAUDS!!!
                              I usually don't agree with him, but I do have to admit that I am a little disappointed that 30 students couldn't find the time and money to make the trip, at least on the fan bus. I have been a fan since I began going to NU back in '99 and trust me, the opportunity to see the Huskies play in the NCAA tournament does not come around that often. I went to Grand Rapids back in 2009 and there were only a handful of fans that made the trip back then too. At least then the school didn't offer a fan bus and a low priced package to go so there was an excuse.

I know it's Easter and all but I still can't believe that they can't find 30 students to make the trip at a school with over 10k students.
                              Last edited by Motorboaters; 03-24-2016, 12:02 AM.
                              "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

• ..I gotta think its the Easter wknd..
                                Cincy.. early gm on Fri.. tough.. factors in for sure.
                                Kids.. just be there at the viewing party.. :-)
                                Go Huskies
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X