This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Looking forward to a potential boost on the attacking side of things next year. Sadly didn't get a chance to watch any of them play a Juniors game.
    What happened to Flaggy? Should we get some help?
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Re: RPI 2016 Off Season thread: A Drivel-free Summer

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
      I would really try to understand how you can be optimistic. Exactly what is your basis? Granted, last season was so horrid there couldn't help but be some improvement this year. However after what we saw last night, if Kazzy bolts does it look like we have an able replacement in the net? An 'uptick' from mediocrity after 10 years of disappointments isn't a reason for optimism. Sorry, but I'm not taking the same meds as you apparently.
      IMHO your comment about #1 is unfortunate. He did an excellent job filling in for Kazzie when he was hurt. He came in last nite as a game time decision and was prob nervous as heck. Cam did an admirable job this year, maybe he's not our 1 next year but let's not get on the kid.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Just a look at the returning players for next year.
        Forwards:
        Melanson-Nanne-Bourbonnais
        Liljegren-Ohrvall-Wood
        Gillespie-Rodriquez-Cleary
        Tironese-Wiffen-DeVito

Defensemen:
        Prapavessis-Grant
        Reno-Moore
        Bell-Wilson

Goalie:
        Hackett

I believe that this a very good core, coming back with great experience. There are not a lot of holes in this group and if we can keep them healthy, we can easily build on this season. JMO
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

yesterday's highlights and lowlights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AmIK3B3LIU
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

What a shock, there are some people who just are never happy.

Life sucks, get a helmet.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
              I feel for this team...they were a pleasure to watch this season.
              Absolutely! This team always put out, played for one another. Truly a pleasure to watch.
              I hope coach and next year's team can keep this approach to the game going strong next year.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                Absolutely! This team always put out, played for one another. Truly a pleasure to watch.
                I hope coach and next year's team can keep this approach to the game going strong next year.
                No question that this team was a lot more fun to follow this year - I think that's clear to most sober observers. Even last night's loss was fun to watch. Down 4-2 going into the 3rd, I still felt they had a chance (until the non call on the 5th goal). And even then... still felt like they had fight left in them. Would not have felt that way with previous Appert teams.

I also think there is no question that next year will be better - and that there will be more offense. Even without any new guys, I expect us to score more - just based on maturation of 28, 39, 19 and 13. Plus, I like the look of 14 and 27 leading the team as seniors. And I expect more good things from 23 and 25.

To me there are two possible off season questions to worry about. Whether or not we lose 33 is the big one, but hey.. he's done his 4 years, and I do think we'll be OK with Hackett. An unforeseen early departure, especially if it is 13 or 19, is the other. Those two boys are key for this team IMO.

So... reasonably good season boys. Looking forward to a better next season. I'll pick us 3rd but don't feel that a run at 1st is a totally crazy idea.

Comment

WAP is reporting Kasdorf was hurt in Friday warmups. Good on him for giving it a go. I hope he makes a full recovery for next year whether it's in Troy or elsewhere.
                  Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                    For the sake of the team and for Kazzy's career, I do hope that Buffalo does not call him up and he gets to play another year for us. Frankly he has not returned to the form he had as a freshman. He did make many spectacular saves this season but he also had a tendency lately to let in a softie or two at an importune time (like OT). And his decision making could sometimes be brought into question. He made one god-awful decision in the third period of the second Brown game to go behind the net and almost cost us the game right there. From what I witnessed last night Hackett is not the answer.
                    I can't believe anyone would use a goalie's performance when unexpectedly thrust into a playoff series against a superior team after nearly 3 full months on the bench to draw any conclusions about his future. I think we saw a competitive or better collegiate goalie when he got to prepare and play for regular action.

I also expect the offense to improve next year. I'm a little concerned about the D. Hopefully, we'll see another late surprise defensive recruit (preferably right-handed) come in to help solidify the back line.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                      What happened to Flaggy? Should we get some help?
                      Only made one trip west, and didn't check to see if there were any USHL games on the docket of interest.

Oh, you mean the other part...

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                        Last night was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in a game
                        Chip McDonald is awful, he doesn't care about improving. He's arrogant.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Today is 14 March 2016. There are 202 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2016 for the start of next season.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            And heaven forbid you show any dissent...
                            Just to make it crystal clear, no one complains about your "dissent," and we all know that you are deceiving yourself when you employ that kind of rationalization. ServinisScores and DrD offer as much or more "dissent" as you do, yet no one complains because of the manner in which they express themselves.

It is never about the content of what you say. We know you are lying to yourself when you pretend that it is.

You walk into a party where people are enjoying themselves, and deliberately pass gas, because you find it amusing when people complain about the smell. That is not "dissent" that is just rude.
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              Just to make it crystal clear, no one complains about your "dissent," and we all know that you are deceiving yourself when you employ that kind of rationalization. ServinisScores and DrD offer as much or more "dissent" as you do, yet no one complains because of the manner in which they express themselves.

It is never about the content of what you say. We know you are lying to yourself when you pretend that it is.

You walk into a party where people are enjoying themselves, and deliberately pass gas, because you find it amusing when people complain about the smell. That is not "dissent" that is just rude.
                              QFT. This is the thing that Flaggy and DerpRed seem physically incapable of grasping.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

That is all true, but it is even more than that.
                                We all have problems with the way this team has been run since 1995. And most of us have given our thoughts on the subject.
                                What we don't do, and what Dude does is project negativity into the future. Even within games. He will complain about our power play before they even drop the puck. Now we all know that our PP is awful, but we still have hope with each coming pp that this will be the one that we score on. But he needs to interject his negativism with ridiculous comments. It just gets old.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X