X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2016 Off Season thread: A Drivel-free Summer

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    The Ralph Baer hat trick!

Bonus points if you get one of Shirley's bodyguards to treat you like a bowling pin.
    Bonus points if one of Shirley's bodyguards throw you up against the paywall.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
      We interrupt another Ralph Baer hat trick with this breaking story...

Today's Times Union features a page one story (but it is below the fold...):
      Jackson yields on student union hire; Students praise president's change of plans

The link: http://timesunion.com/tuplus-local/a...re-7380082.php

The story is behind their TUplus paywall... if my link is unsuccessful and you have a subscription maybe you can help...
      I was able to see it on the SaveOurUnion Facebook group... it sounds more like they haven't yielded anything. They had difficulty finding a loophole in the student union's Constitution, so they're just going right back to what they were doing before, but like it says in there, they're still going to try to find one. They say they'll "involve" student representatives, but it's just adding them to a list of people to be considered for quorum, the same of which they used to suspend posters a while back; that's how they got around not involving the GM, who has a vote in a decision like that. Nothing is actually changing.

They still will not get a penny from me until all board officers, and a majority of the board trustees, have resigned.

Comment

Today is 29 April 2016. There are 155 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2016 for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I was able to see it on the SaveOurUnion Facebook group... it sounds more like they haven't yielded anything. They had difficulty finding a loophole in the student union's Constitution, so they're just going right back to what they were doing before, but like it says in there, they're still going to try to find one. They say they'll "involve" student representatives, but it's just adding them to a list of people to be considered for quorum, the same of which they used to suspend posters a while back; that's how they got around not involving the GM, who has a vote in a decision like that. Nothing is actually changing.

They still will not get a penny from me until all board officers, and a majority of the board trustees, have resigned.
          Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
          "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
            Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
            What he said!

Comment

Today is 30 April 2016. There are 154 days (22 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

How did the guy on the right make the final cut for best hair in college hockey??? Hairodynamic!!! Like I know anything about hair, right?
                  Last edited by fr. joe; 04-30-2016, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                    How did the guy on the right make the final cut for best hair in college hockey??? Hairodynamic!!! Like I know anything about hair, right?
                    I don't know if you were being serious, but that is Brett Larson (a UMD AC) who tweeted as a joke.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 1 May 2016. There are 153 days (5 months) until RPI's next game.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-01-2016, 02:12 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

While perusing for information for the schedules thread, I came across this little chestnut: http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...edule-released

Ralph, you're going to need to update the countdown.

Comment

While perusing for information for the schedules thread, I came across this little chestnut: http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...edule-released

Don't we have a game at BC? Also, I thought the UND game was the Hockey Hall of Fame game...Troy Record reporting strikes again?
                          Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                            Don't we have a game at BC? Also, I thought the UND game was the Hockey Hall of Fame game...Troy Record reporting strikes again?
                            It's the exempt game sponsored by the US Hockey Hall of Fame... but it hasn't been played there for at least the last few years it's been done.

Perhaps the BC deal fell through and it happens the next year.

Comment

Today is 1 May 2016. There are 154 days (22 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2016 for the start of next season.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-01-2016, 02:13 PM. Reason: oops!
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks. I just did that. Of course it is Ed Weaver who thinks we are playing Clarkson in Lake Place and Maine in Oreno.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X