Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015-16 - The post-season journey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015-16 - The post-season journey...

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    All this talk about HE and Yale... what about tomorrow and RIT? There is no way we can look past RIT. They boys need to continue the quest and bring everything they have to the table. The seniors remember '13 and Canisius. And Yale. They have something to prove and the tools to do it.

The biggest question is Anas. I believe we will see him. I truly don't think he had a shoulder or collarbone injury. After watching the replay of him at the bench immediately after the hit, my gut feeling is maybe ribs. It sure looked to me like he had the wind knocked out of him.

Garteig needs to play the games of his career from here on out. Nothing soft, steal a bunch, stone a few. Toews and Co need to be solid in front, limiting chances and clearing pucks. Offense (with or without Sammy) need to keep doing what they've been doing all season.
    I agree. I have a feeling we will see Anas. I thought the same thing as you about having the wind knocked out of him. The fact that he didn't return does point to something more. Hopefully it was
    just minor.

History shows that 16th seed's (including RIT) can and do have plenty of success in the tourney. Don't take anyone lightly and play your game!

Comment

From my understanding, Anas had a series of X-Rays come back negative. I think we will see him, and if there is any nagging injury they will try to limit him. The good thing is we are playing RIT and not an ECAC team, I think any ECAC team would go right at Anas. RIT might play a more "fair" approach to this game.
      "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
      - Elon Musk

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, RIT has beaten both #1 seeds it has played in the NCAA's.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          RIT beat #2 Denver in 2010.

RIT beat #1 Minnesota State in 2015.
          Scott Biggar
          WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
          Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
            From my understanding, Anas had a series of X-Rays come back negative. I think we will see him, and if there is any nagging injury they will try to limit him. The good thing is we are playing RIT and not an ECAC team, I think any ECAC team would go right at Anas. RIT might play a more "fair" approach to this game.
            I am sure Coach Wilson is telling his guys to lay off Anas because he may not be 100%, Please! This is the NCAA,'s, you take any advantage given. And I bet Rand is telling his guys to check less hard because RIT might be more "fair" on Sam. I hope the kid plays, he deserves it, but nobody gets a pass this time of year.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              You would be correct. Denver in 2010, and Minnesota State last year.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                I am sure Coach Wilson is telling his guys to lay off Anas because he may not be 100%, Please! This is the NCAA,'s, you take any advantage given. And I bet Rand is telling his guys to check less hard because RIT might be more "fair" on Sam. I hope the kid plays, he deserves it, but nobody gets a pass this time of year.
                I see how you took that to an extreme. Good job! The play in the ECAC is a lot more scrappy, and borderline dirt than most other conferences. Don't be a fool and get all up tight.
                "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
                - Elon Musk

Comment

Comment

@ChipMalafronte 1m1 minute ago
                    Sam Anas is practicing with Quinnipiac in Albany today.

https://twitter.com/ChipMalafronte/s...12535886680064

Great news for the Bobcats!

Comment

Perhaps the news isn't quite as good ... Anas appears to be wearing a non-contact jersey.

https://twitter.com/ChipMalafronte/s...13847823069189

Still would be a surprise, at this point, to see him out of the lineup I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                        Perhaps the news isn't quite as good ... Anas appears to be wearing a non-contact jersey.

https://twitter.com/ChipMalafronte/s...13847823069189

Still would be a surprise, at this point, to see him out of the lineup I would think.
                        No point in having him face contact today. Better to do it tomorrow as long as he can play.
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                          No point in having him face contact today. Better to do it tomorrow as long as he can play.
                          In the regular season, a player wearing a non-contact jersey the day before a game would almost certainly not play the following night. So, it's concerning. There's a reason he's wearing a non-contact jersey.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
                            I see how you took that to an extreme. Good job! The play in the ECAC is a lot more scrappy, and borderline dirt than most other conferences. Don't be a fool and get all up tight.
                            Not being a fool, but thanks for that. Hockey East IMO is much dirtier in conference than the ECAC. Final 16 are extreme times and teams do what they have to do to win.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Chip Malafronte ‏@ChipMalafronte 7m7 minutes ago
                              After Friday's practice, Sam Anas said he doesn't know Quinnipiac's plan for him tomorrow in the NCAA East regional opener against RIT.
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                                Chip Malafronte ‏@ChipMalafronte 7m7 minutes ago
                                After Friday's practice, Sam Anas said he doesn't know Quinnipiac's plan for him tomorrow in the NCAA East regional opener against RIT.
                                I say he does what he did last year... dresses but sees limited action, maybe PP only.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                                Northeast Regional:
                                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X