Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Cersei just took a 3-1 lead.
    Too bad for her, she's the Atlanta falcons...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Cersei just took a 3-1 lead.
      The most dangerous lead in hockey thrones...
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        The most dangerous lead in hockey thrones...
        I'm going to cut you.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I never minded the "teleportation" issue with S5 Littlefinger and S6 Varys. There are multiple storylines, across vast territory. Who's to say when one story occurs vs the other ones?

But holy smokes, either Euron just lets anyone captain the Silence or that thing has Westeros' first internal combustion engine or something. Maybe Euron truly is the magical pirate madman of the books?
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Beyond that? Yeah, excellent episode, beyond the odd choices of how they've portrayed Dany,Jon, Arya and now Bran as sort of deadpan. Maybe it's shortcomings in the actors (aside from Arya, who's definitely been through a soul draining experience since episode 2), but the lack of emotion from them doesn't make for great TV watching.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Bran: the GOT Wesley Crusher.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                I never minded the "teleportation" issue with S5 Littlefinger and S6 Varys. There are multiple storylines, across vast territory. Who's to say when one story occurs vs the other ones?

But holy smokes, either Euron just lets anyone captain the Silence or that thing has Westeros' first internal combustion engine or something. Maybe Euron truly is the magical pirate madman of the books?
                I don't think his movements were outrageous in this episode (I have seen teleportation issues in other episodes though). He could have been quite close to King's Landing when he overtook Yara's fleet at the end of last episode, based on Geography. It would not have taken long to get back to King's Landing. Then, after that he sailed around Dorne to get to Casterly Rock, which is probably a 1 week trip, and there is no reason why that scene couldn't have actually been 1 week after the scene in King's Landing. It matches with getting the Lannister army to Highgarden in the same amount of time. Quick battle at Highgarden (which it was), and another week to cart the gold back to King's Landing, meeting Cersei's 2 week promise to the Iron Bank of Braavos. I don't think the timeline is an issue with Euron in this episode, they just fast forward 1 week from the King's Landing scene to the Casterly Rock scene.

I'm much more bugged by the fact that Euron built a fleet like that in about 3 months.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Whoa.

Just... whoa.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Whoa.

Just... whoa.
                    Yup.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"Only a fool would meet the Dothraki in open field."

- Robert Baratheon.

The dragon helped a bit too, I guess.
                      Last edited by state of hockey; 08-06-2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Jon: How many men do we have in the North to fight him? 10,000? Less?
                        Davos: Fewer.
                        Jon: What?
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          Jon: How many men do we have in the North to fight him? 10,000? Less?
                          Davos: Fewer.
                          Jon: What?
                          I am very pleased that Davos is now a member of the grammar police. One of the reasons I liked Stannis.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            "Only a fool would meet the Dothraki in open field."

- Robert Baratheon.

The dragon helped a bit too, I guess.
                            Every time Drogon and Danaerys did a strafing run, I heard the BRRRRRRRRRRT of an A-10 in my head...
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

The dragon sequences were amazing and terrifying. I can't recall a better movie representation and it was in daylight too. No night scene to hide any flaws.

The dragon made the battle so "unfair" that I was actually hoping it would get shot down.

Tyrion seems conflicted as would be expected.

Great episode.

Can't even imagine how EPIC 90 minute episodes will be next year.

Comment

One of the best episodes of the series. Pretty **** awesome, in many ways.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X