Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Yara was basically eating a seven course meal in front of a guy on a feeding tube.

The Stark girls are still mind-numbingly stupid. The assassination attempt was telegraphed and she still walked right into it. And what was the waif's hurry? Did she have somewhere to be? She couldn't hang out for a few minutes to make sure Arya was really dead? Sansa has some set on her to question Davos' credentials and then she turns back to Littlefinger for help. How many times are you going to play with fire before it sinks in that it's a bad idea?

Thankfully we didn't have to suffer through Dany, Drogon and the Dathraki horde checking into a Motel 6 and sit through yet another speech about what a badazz she is and what she's going to do when she gets to Westeros. Get there already! **** or get off the pot.

That giant is quite the loquacious chap, isn't he?

Grandma Tyrell has zero f--ks to give about Cersei and her problems.

The Hound reminds me of Don Corleone in III: Just when I'm out, they pull me back in! He was all set to chop wood and live quietly for the rest of his days and then someone had to go and massacre his new friends...
    Disagree on Sansa, to a certain point. Yes, she was wrong about Davos, but with Littlefinger, she is right. They need the knights of the Vale and this is the only way to go about it. As long as she has allies in Jon and/or Brienne, she won't be under Littlefinger's finger.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Yara was basically eating...
      It's not polite to talk about what she's eating.

Basically, Adam Friedberg was on set that day.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Did anyone pick up on where Yara and Theon were during that scene? I don't think it was mentioned in the show...But based on what they showed in the scene (the bridge), and the description from the book, I have to think they're already in Volantis.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Did anyone pick up on where Yara and Theon were during that scene? I don't think it was mentioned in the show...But based on what they showed in the scene (the bridge), and the description from the book, I have to think they're already in Volantis.
          They are. They hooked up Littlefinger's teleportation device to their ships and made record time.

Disagree on Sansa, to a certain point. Yes, she was wrong about Davos, but with Littlefinger, she is right. They need the knights of the Vale and this is the only way to go about it. As long as she has allies in Jon and/or Brienne, she won't be under Littlefinger's finger.
          But she doesn't have Brienne. It appears she's going to be busy negotiating between Jamie and the Devilfish. She also isn't on great terms with Jon, who will be less than thrilled she went behind his back and asked for help.

I really want this book.

Comment

They didn't say during the scene. I figured it was somewhere east of Westeros, but wasn't sure as, I thought, the Iron Islands are on the west coast of Westeros and the fleet would have to go south, around Dorn in order to get to the Narrows Sea. They made it sound as if not much time had passed, so I thought it could've been Dorn as they're likely not welcome anywhere near Lannisport.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              They didn't say during the scene. I figured it was somewhere east of Westeros, but wasn't sure as, I thought, the Iron Islands are on the west coast of Westeros and the fleet would have to go south, around Dorn in order to get to the Narrows Sea. They made it sound as if not much time had passed, so I thought it could've been Dorn as they're likely not welcome anywhere near Lannisport.
              The timing thing is very fluid, the series is moving in fast forward right now. There can be months of time that pass from episode to episode, and weeks that pass from scene to scene. Also, not all storylines are paced the same. Its just something we have to roll with, and once you accept it, it really isn't a bad thing. It works out better to do it like this, than to have throwaway scenes in several episodes showing Yara and Theon sailing south and then east. The stuff they show ends up being more impactful with the fast pace approach.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The timing thing is very fluid, the series is moving in fast forward right now. There can be months of time that pass from episode to episode, and weeks that pass from scene to scene. Also, not all storylines are paced the same. Its just something we have to roll with, and once you accept it, it really isn't a bad thing. It works out better to do it like this, than to have throwaway scenes in several episodes showing Yara and Theon sailing south and then east. The stuff they show ends up being more impactful with the fast pace approach.
                While a lot of that makes sense, that means they're time-jumping within the single episode itself. Arya ended last episode having the Faceless Men plotting her death to be carried. The next episode she's planning her passage home, and being attacked that same day. Perhaps it's in the books, but I wouldn't think Arya would want to linger anywhere near the House of Black and White any longer than is absolutely necessary. Things like that are going to toss people for a loop.

Then again, all within last night's episode they had John and Sansa visiting the Bear Islands after talking with Wildlings near Castle Black (in The Gift?) and then back again, so it's certainly possible.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Then again, all within last night's episode they had John and Sansa visiting the Bear Islands after talking with Wildlings near Castle Black (in The Gift?) and then back again, so it's certainly possible.
                  The Gift to Bear Island to Deepwood Motte to wherever Stannis' camp was, which is likely somewhere north and/or west of Winterfell.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/c/cd/The_North2.jpg

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Saw a post online here that shows Arya had seen the face of the old lady before. Like the post indicates, I'm sure she knew some type of attempt was coming. That first theory they posted seems plausible. The second one is a tad bit out there.

Actually here's what I believe went down: Jaqen is pretending to be Arya and he's the one who gets stabbed. He's testing the Waif to see if she will kill Arya quickly or make her suffer.
                    Last edited by cF[Authentic]; 06-07-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

HBO has confirmed that episodes 9 and 10 for this season will be longer than normal. Episode 9 will be 60 minutes long and Ep 10 will be 69 minutes long. I'm not posting the link because the title of Ep 9 is something of a spoiler, though it's something that everyone is expecting to happen as it's they've been building to it all season long.

Comment

HBO has confirmed that episodes 9 and 10 for this season will be longer than normal. Episode 9 will be 60 minutes long and Ep 10 will be 69 minutes long. I'm not posting the link because the title of Ep 9 is something of a spoiler, though it's something that everyone is expecting to happen as it's they've been building to it all season long.
                        Not gonna lie. The name of the 10th episode made me laugh.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

It turns out that with HBO's streaming service you can get the current day's episode prior to its broadcast time on the channel proper. So I just finished it now. That was a good chase scene, and the Hound made for good stuff, too. I like the style of his killings.

Comment

Maybe Gendry will row his way to Winterfell in time for the Battle of the ********!

(really? B@$t@rds is not allowed?)

Comment

Arya's trip to Braavos was basically to get some training and waste time like Bran's.

Probably a leftover from Martin's original script with the 5 year gap after the War of Five Kings.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Also: interesting offscreen fights this week.

Must've saved on the fight choreography for next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X