Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

HBO released the season 6 trailer (red band). The season premieres April 24, 47 days from now.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Subscribed, but really not because I was stabbed and left for dead in the cold.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Also, what does red band mean?
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Also, what does red band mean?
        A red band trailer might have cursing or nudity in it. Basically, it's not been approved for all audiences. Also, there's a red band that begins the trailer, denoting such content.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Gotcha. I kind of figured that was the case since I there were some Deadpool trailers tagged red and.
          Code:

Comment

Subscribed. Can't wait.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I started re-watching season 5. So far, I've pretty much been able to avoid spoilers for the season, with exception to the one regarding Jon Snow (who still knows nothing) because every freaking site on the web seems to list it in the title of their articles and links.

Comment

I like to watch two episodes a night and finish the Saturday before the premiere. If time allows. Back calculating that means I start in exactly one week.
                Code:

Comment

Getting impatient waiting for the book to come. I was originally going to hold off on the show, but I've now determined that to be an impossible task.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Getting impatient waiting for the book to come. I was originally going to hold off on the show, but I've now determined that to be an impossible task.
                    Mr. Martin has said that the next book will not be released before the new season begins (obvious by now), and likely not until well after season 6 ends. Book 7 is scheduled to be released in 2034.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Book 7 is scheduled to be released in 2034.
                      That soon?

Just wait until he decides to go against the Westerosi theme of 7 and expand to 8 books because of what he's discovered writing the 6th one.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I just finished watching Hardhome, and the last half of season 5 is nothing if not intense in how each episode ends. People complained about last season for many different reasons. At first it was that the plot would just plod along. Then people would complain about some controversial issues, like Sansa's treatment, and then the sacrificial fire. But you can't deny the intensity brought by the last half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          That soon?

Just wait until he decides to go against the Westerosi theme of 7 and expand to 8 books because of what he's discovered writing the 6th one.
                          I think there is a not insignificant chance Martin never finishes the series (possibly due to being an obese man in his mid/late 60s). If he actually only needs to write the Winds of Winter and the seventh book we could be ok, but god forbid the story keeps growing...At least the TV Show will give some closure regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
                            I think there is a not insignificant chance Martin never finishes the series (possibly due to being an obese man in his mid/late 60s). If he actually only needs to write the Winds of Winter and the seventh book we could be ok, but god forbid the story keeps growing...At least the TV Show will give some closure regardless.
                            He's going to leave a lot of people mad because it's already apparent that the TV show and books have taken different paths with the various characters. I thought that it was leaked that the triumphant character/family in the book had already been killed in the TV show. That seems far-fetched, but I'm only at the end of book 4 now, so for all I know it could very well be.

Comment

Renewed for season 7
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X