Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    That is gorgeous. I just wanted to steer clear of any spoilers. I was annoyed at myself when I spoiled S1 by seeing Rob's death on a "path" map, and I have avoided them ever since.
    Ditto. I had a spoiler, though not as big as yours, through a path map. But when I saw something like "spoiler protection" in google's preview blurb of that site, I couldn't click fast enough. Then I saw they had episode AND book spoiler protection and it became my go to.

I love that they have links to the ASOFI wiki as well.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So, yes. Dorne is definitely on the way from Meereen.

But, Jaime explains it a bit in episode 1. Dragonstone's ports have the capability of holding the entire fleet.
      Last edited by state of hockey; 07-26-2017, 09:57 AM.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

The handling of Dorne in the series, and specifically the Sand Snakes has been terrible since the start. But, they were in tough spot. They couldn't get rid of Dorne, there was way too much plot and history involving them. They would have had to devote more time to develop the Dorne plots in order to make them better (and hire a competent writer to write Sand Snakes' lines), which would mean some other storyline would have to be cut, since they're already at the maximum amount of episodes and budget per season, they just didn't have time. So, we're left with a half-assed, poorly done Dorne plot, that is already about as stripped down as it could be. The Ironborn plot suffers from several of the same issues. I consider both to be casualties of having to translate novels to the screen.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

As for not going to Dorne on the way to Dragonstone, I see why they didn't. At the time Dani was crossing the narrow sea, she still had never personally met Olenna Tyrell, or Elaria Sand, and therefore had never had a "small council" meeting with all of her advisors. The plan for the upcoming war was not set, and I doubt that at that point the army in Dorne was mobilized. Plus, I'm sure they didn't have the ships to also drag along the Dornish army. They needed all of the ships they could find just to get the Unsullied and Dothraki across the sea.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            The handling of Dorne in the series, and specifically the Sand Snakes has been terrible since the start. But, they were in tough spot. They couldn't get rid of Dorne, there was way too much plot and history involving them. They would have had to devote more time to develop the Dorne plots in order to make them better (and hire a competent writer to write Sand Snakes' lines), which would mean some other storyline would have to be cut, since they're already at the maximum amount of episodes and budget per season, they just didn't have time. So, we're left with a half-assed, poorly done Dorne plot, that is already about as stripped down as it could be. The Ironborn plot suffers from several of the same issues. I consider both to be casualties of having to translate novels to the screen.
            The five episodes they're short to round out 8 seasons would have been plenty of time for Dorne.
            Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 07-27-2017, 02:10 PM.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The handling of Dorne in the series, and specifically the Sand Snakes has been terrible since the start. But, they were in tough spot. They couldn't get rid of Dorne, there was way too much plot and history involving them. They would have had to devote more time to develop the Dorne plots in order to make them better (and hire a competent writer to write Sand Snakes' lines), which would mean some other storyline would have to be cut, since they're already at the maximum amount of episodes and budget per season, they just didn't have time. So, we're left with a half-assed, poorly done Dorne plot, that is already about as stripped down as it could be.
              You would think they'd have salvaged it just for the BAR.

(Boobs Above Replacement)
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                The five episodes they're short to round out 8 seasons would have been plenty of time for Dorne.
                The explanation for the shortened last 2 seasons is that they're packing 10 episodes of budget and production value into 7 and 6 episodes. How true that is, who knows.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The explanation for the shortened last 2 seasons is that they're packing 10 episodes of budget and production value into 7 and 6 episodes. How true that is, who knows.
                  HBO is on the record as requesting the GoT producers to make season 8's episodes "feature length." People think that means 80-90 minutes per episode.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    HBO is on the record as requesting the GoT producers to make season 8's episodes "feature length." People think that means 80-90 minutes per episode.
                    That is not the original explanation...the original was that they were not going to create more episodes than they thought was required.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

That is not the original explanation...the original was that they were not going to create more episodes than they thought was required.
                      Yes, I knew that. However, HBO wants each episode to be longer in response to the GoT's producers making their announcement, likely because they want to say that they provided their subscribers with X new hours of original content, not 0.6X hours of original content.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Right, that is true, but stuff that they have said since makes it seem like they won't have time to make more episodes, like what Clown is saying, that all of the last 6 episodes are going to be more than an hour and a half long.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Fantastic episode. It was a showcase of the acting and writing as opposed to the special effects. John Snow and Dany need more screen time together.

A better end to the Tyrells could have been written. And Cersei was beautiful in her wickedness.

I really enjoyed this episode.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Fantastic episode. It was a showcase of the acting and writing as opposed to the special effects. John Snow and Dany need more screen time together.

A better end to the Tyrells could have been written. And Cersei was beautiful in her wickedness.

I really enjoyed this episode.
                            It was good. Classic GOT thriller. Does Jamie give up on Cersei at some
                            Point? Or does Euron kill him in a duel?
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Cersei just took a 3-1 lead.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Yeah, but she's still down 3-0 against the Night King
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X