Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I think a deadpool is much cleaner than a kill pool, and it avoids all these problems.
    What about a modified loser pool? Everyone picks five characters who they think will die in Episode 1. If at least one of them dies, you move on. If they don't, you're out. You can't pick repeat people.

Comment

While not "Their Words," the saying common to the Greyjoys and Iron Born, "What is already dead may never truly die," is really going to comeback and bite someone in the a** next season.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

GoT producers are filming multiple endings and only a handful of people know which is the one HBO will air. The hope is that will thwart any of the security breaches on the set and prevent a crop of spoiler videos on YouTube.

Comment

Might as well
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
            What about a modified loser pool? Everyone picks five characters who they think will die in Episode 1. If at least one of them dies, you move on. If they don't, you're out. You can't pick repeat people.
            Hmm. I dunno. That's an interesting idea certainly. Maybe just 5 per episode and you score for each, but are not eliminated. That way more people are invested throughout.

How about Modified Mastermind. A common slate of 20 characters. For each you pick which episode they die in (or that they live).

If you picked them to die in the right episode: 5 points.
            If you picked them to live and they live: 3 points.
            If you picked them to die in the wrong episode: 1 point.
            If you picked them to live and they die: 0 points.
            If you picked them to die and they live: 0 points.

We have to define living and dying since it gets hazy with the undead / the returned from the dead / Bran hiding in other people's minds / etc.
            Last edited by Kepler; 09-16-2017, 11:02 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I've been powering through two or three GoT episodes with my girlfriend on those nights we're watching it, and she's really loving the show. I'm having fun watching her reaction to scenes like Ned's Head Mannequin Services, The Red Wedding, The Purple Wedding, and all the other events like that. We're in season 6 right now, and she finally said to me, "You know, I'm having the most fun with the last episodes of the night. I go to work and end up thinking about them, playing the 'what if' game, and then get really excited for the next episode." I'm sitting there thinking, Well, yeah, now try doing that for the past number of years.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

God****it. Game of thrones last season will air in 2019.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  God****it. Game of thrones last season will air in 2019.
                  I know a lot of people that were surprised by this today. I guess I just assumed it would be this way. Not sure why.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

It’s not surprising but it is disappointing.

I’m excited for what they are going to do with it given how long they have to shoot.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

They are essentially making 6 movies. Plus now HBO can concentrate on season 2 of Westworld, which is happening this year.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

I absolutely can’t wait for that. It can’t come out soon enough.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          I know a lot of people that were surprised by this today. I guess I just assumed it would be this way. Not sure why.
                          They had to go back to finish the dragon CGI at the very end of season 7 (Kinda why the Night King looked pretty meh on Viserion). They'll need the entire 18 months for that stuff alone if that's the case.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

How is this a surprise?

I remember hearing 2019 during the most recent season.

At the time I thought that the wait would be hard.

Then I remembered that I have a life.

Comment

This was the first time the producers confirmed it.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                This was the first time the producers confirmed it.

It was widely reported as being likely though.

I assumed 2019 and went through my grieving process right then and there.

After 5 minutes... I was good with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X