Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 606

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

  1. #581
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    27,292

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    I figured it was Snow because Ned openly claimed him as his bastard but never told anyone who the "mother" was or where she came from.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

  2. #582
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    21,491

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    .
    Single most gut wrenching sporting event that I ever attended that didn't involve my kid's teams.
    God how nice it must be to not be a fan of Minnesota sports.

  3. #583
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    15,753

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    God how nice it must be to not be a fan of Minnesota sports.
    Buffalo. Game over.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  4. #584
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,744

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Buffalo. Game over.
    You don't even have a baseball team or relevant university to make you miserable. Minor leagues.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  5. #585
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    21,491

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I think we're done with any introducing. The final six episodes are going to be all tying up loose ends and killing people, and that is just peachy. MOAR DEATH PLZ!

    We should have a "who lives" contest. List say the 25 most important currently "living" (Jon Snow and the Night King count) characters and pick which ones are still in operational order when the last episode ends. No book learnin' allowed.

    I'm a tyro compared to some here, but I'll do it as a multiselect poll if we can agree on a list.

    Daenerys Targaryen
    Jon Snow / Aegon Targaryen
    Tyrion Lannister
    Cersei Lannister
    Jaime Lannister
    Sansa Stark
    Arya Stark
    Bran Stark
    Jorah Mormont
    Sandor "The Hound" Clegane*
    Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane*
    Gendry (uh... Baratheon?)
    Samwell Tarly
    Theon Greyjoy
    Bronn (Jaime's bromance)
    Varys (the bald adviser)
    Tormund Giantsbane
    Brienne of Tarth
    Missandei (Dany's slave lady)
    Melisandre (the red witch hottie)


    I love that "Cleganebowl" is a thing now.
    Define "operational order".

    Here are the list of characters* left** sorted by # of episodes appeared in:
    Tyrion Lannister
    Daenerys Targaryen
    Sansa Stark
    Cersei Lannister
    Arya Stark
    Jon Snow
    Jaime Lannister
    Jorah Mormont
    Samwell Tarly
    Theon Greyjoy
    Varys
    Brienne of Tarth
    Davos Seaworth
    Bran Stark
    Missandei
    Bronn
    Sandor Clegane
    Eddison Tollett
    Podrick Payne
    Melisandre
    Grey Worm
    Tormund Giantsbane
    Preston Greenfield (I love that this guy has more appearances than some fairly major characters.)
    Drogon
    Gilly
    --------------------------- Top 25 cutoff
    Ghost
    Viserion
    Gregor Clegane
    Gendry
    Rhaegal
    Qyburn
    Meera Reed
    Yara Greyjoy
    Ellaria Sand
    Hot Pie
    Beric Dondarrion
    Edmure Tully
    Robin Arryn
    Night King
    Anguy
    Lyanna Mormont
    Euron Greyjoy
    Ilyn Payne
    Nymeria

    * - Human or otherwise...
    ** - More or less. There's some ambiguity in the fate of some of these people.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  6. #586
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    21,491

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Buffalo. Game over.
    http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story...9/sportCat/nfl
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  7. #587

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,323

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Buffalo. Game over.
    There are hundreds of other podunk towns with just as much pain as Buffalo. Granted, few of them are as all around unpleasant from a standpoint of people and climate as Buffalo.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  8. #588

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,323

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Define "operational order"
    If it can kill you then it is "alive."
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  9. #589
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,744

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Define "operational order".

    Here are the list of characters* left** sorted by # of episodes appeared in:
    Tyrion Lannister
    Daenerys Targaryen
    Sansa Stark
    Cersei Lannister
    Arya Stark
    Jon Snow
    Jaime Lannister
    Jorah Mormont
    Samwell Tarly
    Theon Greyjoy
    Varys
    Brienne of Tarth
    Davos Seaworth
    Bran Stark
    Missandei
    Bronn
    Sandor Clegane
    Eddison Tollett
    Podrick Payne
    Melisandre
    Grey Worm
    Tormund Giantsbane
    Preston Greenfield (I love that this guy has more appearances than some fairly major characters.)
    Drogon
    Gilly
    --------------------------- Top 25 cutoff
    Ghost
    Viserion
    Gregor Clegane
    Gendry
    Rhaegal
    Qyburn
    Meera Reed
    Yara Greyjoy
    Ellaria Sand
    Hot Pie
    Beric Dondarrion
    Edmure Tully
    Robin Arryn
    Night King
    Anguy
    Lyanna Mormont
    Euron Greyjoy
    Ilyn Payne
    Nymeria

    * - Human or otherwise...
    ** - More or less. There's some ambiguity in the fate of some of these people.
    I would say we need to go deeper than 25, and I wouldn't simply use number of appearances to judge whether a character should be included or not.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  10. #590
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,744

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Actually, I'd propose not having any limit on characters, as long as they are named, and doing a fantasy draft. 5 rounds, 10 people. 1-50 points for every named character your character kills, dependent on draft position. Your character dies, you are out that character, no replacing.

    For example: You draft Aegon Targaryen (Jon) #1 overall. Kepler drafts Night King #3 overall. Night King kills Aegon, and Kepler gets 50 points.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  11. #591
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,744

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Preliminary Draft Board Power Rankings!

    1. Aegon Targaryen (Jon)
    2. Daenarys Targaryen
    3. Drogon
    4. Night King
    5. Viseryion
    6. Cersei Lannister
    7. Rhaegal
    8. Arya Stark
    9. Jaime Lannister
    10. Sandor Clegane
    11. Jorah Mormont
    12. Brienne of Tarth
    13. Gendry
    14. Tormund Giantsbane
    15. Gregor Clegane
    16. Euron Greyjoy
    17. Bronn of the Blackwater
    18. Beric Dondarrion
    19. Davos Seaworth
    20. Greyworm
    21. Tyrion Lannister
    22. Sansa Stark
    23. Varys
    24. Melisandre
    25. Theon Greyjoy
    26. Ghost
    27. Samwell Tarly
    28. Qyburn
    29. Doloros Edd Tollet
    30. Bran Stark
    31. Podrick Payne
    32. Daario Naharis
    33. Jaqar H'ghar
    34. Harry Strickland
    35. Nymeria
    36. Yohn Royce
    37. Edmure Tully
    38. Yara Greyjoy
    39. Meera Reed
    40. Missandei
    41. Gilly
    42. Hodor Wight
    43. Hot Pie
    44. Lyanna Mormont
    45. Ellaria Sand
    46. Robin Arryn
    47. Maester Wolkan
    48. Maester Ebrose
    49. Wyman Manderly
    50. Howland Reed

    Also Receiving Votes: Undead Ned, Cersei's Unborn Baby, Lady Stoneheart
    Last edited by bigblue_dl; 08-31-2017 at 03:05 PM.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  12. #592

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,323

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Preliminary Draft Board Power Rankings!

    1. Aegon Targaryen (Jon)
    2. Daenarys Targaryen
    3. Drogon
    4. Night King
    5. Viseryion
    6. Cersei Lannister
    7. Rhaegal
    8. Arya Stark
    9. Jaime Lannister
    10. Sandor Clegane
    11. Jorah Mormont
    12. Brienne of Tarth
    13. Gendry
    14. Tormund Giantsbane
    15. Gregor Clegane
    16. Euron Greyjoy
    17. Bronn of the Blackwater
    18. Beric Dondarrion
    19. Davos Seaworth
    20. Greyworm
    21. Tyrion Lannister
    22. Sansa Stark
    23. Varys
    24. Melisandre
    25. Theon Greyjoy
    26. Ghost
    27. Samwell Tarly
    28. Qyburn
    29. Doloros Edd Tollet
    30. Bran Stark
    31. Podrick Payne
    32. Daario Naharis
    33. Jaqar H'ghar
    34. Harry Strickland
    35. Nymeria
    36. Yohn Royce
    37. Edmure Tully
    38. Yara Greyjoy
    39. Meera Reed
    40. Missandei
    41. Gilly
    42. Hodor Wight
    43. Hot Pie
    44. Lyanna Mormont
    45. Ellaria Sand
    46. Robin Arryn
    47. Maester Wolkan
    48. Maester Ebrose
    49. Wyman Manderly
    50. Howland Reed

    Also Receiving Votes: Undead Ned, Cersei's Unborn Baby, Lady Stoneheart
    I've watched every episode of this show and I had to look up about 20 of these, most of which were "oh, yeah, I remember that as-shole. Isn't he dead?"

    I still have no idea who Harry Strickland is, even after looking him up.
    Last edited by Kepler; 08-31-2017 at 04:20 PM.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  13. #593
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    2,893

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Bran is way overrated. I'd pencil him in at #50.

  14. #594
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    27,292

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I've watched every episode of this show and I had to look up about 20 of these, most of which were "oh, yeah, I remember that as-shole. Isn't he dead?"

    I still have no idea who Harry Strickland is, even after looking him up.
    I wouldn't pick that one until you know that he's actually being cast. They might merge Daario into the "sellsword hired by the Golden Company by Euron and Cersei" after he got bored watching over Meereen.

    With six episodes left, that might be more interesting.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

  15. #595
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,744

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Bran is way overrated. I'd pencil him in at #50.
    If Bran wargs into something else, and then kills someone, then that's Bran's kill, IMO. That is why I have him where I do.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  16. #596
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,744

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    I wouldn't pick that one until you know that he's actually being cast. They might merge Daario into the "sellsword hired by the Golden Company by Euron and Cersei" after he got bored watching over Meereen.

    With six episodes left, that might be more interesting.
    Harry Strickland would definitely be more of a speculative pick. He could potentially rack up a bunch of kills, but as you say, he could also never show up in the game either. But, with the Golden Company getting quite a few mentions towards the end of last season, it is definitely a possibility. There are others listed there that haven't been in the show yet either, like Hodor wight, and Lady Stoneheart.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  17. #597
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    2,893

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    If Bran wargs into something else, and then kills someone, then that's Bran's kill, IMO. That is why I have him where I do.
    That position complicates scoring, biggly. Given that take on Bran, who gets credit for a dragon's kills when the commands really come from Dany/Night King/Aegon? The dragons should probably be where they are if they get credit no matter what, if they only get credit for solo kills they took the initiative for themselves they would be near the bottom. Does the Night King get credit for kills by other Whites/wights as they seem to be more or less under his control? Now that I've said all this, what are the rankings even based on? Dany at #2 implies you think she will be racking up kill points, and that seems unlikely. And yes, I am waaaaay over thinking this

  18. #598

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,323

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    I think a deadpool is much cleaner than a kill pool, and it avoids all these problems.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  19. #599
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,744

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    That position complicates scoring, biggly. Given that take on Bran, who gets credit for a dragon's kills when the commands really come from Dany/Night King/Aegon? The dragons should probably be where they are if they get credit no matter what, if they only get credit for solo kills they took the initiative for themselves they would be near the bottom. Does the Night King get credit for kills by other Whites/wights as they seem to be more or less under his control? Now that I've said all this, what are the rankings even based on? Dany at #2 implies you think she will be racking up kill points, and that seems unlikely. And yes, I am waaaaay over thinking this
    I was thinking about this yesterday too, as I was making my list. The conclusion I came to was that some kills need to be split between 2 characters. For example. Dany rides Drogon, and roasts someone, Drogon and Dany each get 50% of the points for that kill. Also, if you use last episode as an example. Sansa orders Arya to kill Littlefinger, each get 50% of the points, because one made the order, the other did the deed. Does that make sense? If Bran is warging into someone/thing, then that being no longer has its freewill, it is being completely controlled by Bran, so Bran gets 100% of the points.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  20. #600
    southpaw
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,572

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I think a deadpool is much cleaner than a kill pool, and it avoids all these problems.
    What about a modified loser pool? Everyone picks five characters who they think will die in Episode 1. If at least one of them dies, you move on. If they don't, you're out. You can't pick repeat people.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •