Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Yep, still here

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

lubba wubba dub dub

Frustratingly, I'm not reading any of this. I've had to suspend my viewing of the season as the GF wanted to start watching from season 1 last week. She's never seen any of it, and we just saw Ned's Rolling Head make its appearance. I'm not sure if we'll catch up before this season ends.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Yep, still here

Wait until she goes to work and watch this season.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

southpaw

I get that it's a fictional show about dragons and magic and etc, but I was disappointed how predictable it was that Bronn would hit the dragon and Jamie would get saved at the last second.

I sure would love to be able to hit a moving target (albeit large) on my third shot with a massive crossbow. And that dragon's flames weren't a concentrated small area of burninating but as Jamie is within flaming distance, suddenly he can be saved by being tackled five feet to his right?

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    One of the best episodes of the series. Pretty **** awesome, in many ways.
    It was, and the single best moment, of the episode if not for the season, was the exchange of looks between Littlefinger and Arya.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    I get that it's a fictional show about dragons and magic and etc, but I was disappointed how predictable it was that Bronn would hit the dragon and Jamie would get saved at the last second.

I sure would love to be able to hit a moving target (albeit large) on my third shot with a massive crossbow. And that dragon's flames weren't a concentrated small area of burninating but as Jamie is within flaming distance, suddenly he can be saved by being tackled five feet to his right?

Small potatoes.

Did you see Ed Sheeran's stupid ****ing hairdo?

Wisconsin Hockey Am I dreaming?

Thor was great. That's all that mattered in that episode.

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Thor was great. That's all that mattered in that episode.
    And he was supporting the losing side.

A true Met.

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    And he was supporting the losing side.

A true Met.

Yes, that did occur to me.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

The battle was great, but my favorite part of the show was Arya's homecoming to Winterfell. Brought a little tear to me eye.

And her training with Brienne. Arya's become a little badazz. Do not eff with her. As it appears Littlefinger might be finding out soon.

How many people are on her list? And how many has she killed?
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    The battle was great, but my favorite part of the show was Arya's homecoming to Winterfell. Brought a little tear to me eye.

And her training with Brienne. Arya's become a little badazz. Do not eff with her. As it appears Littlefinger might be finding out soon.

How many people are on her list? And how many has she killed?
    Joffrey and Walder Frey are gone. Cersei is on it. Pretty sure there are at least one or two others on there.

He fixes the cable?

Meryn Trant is on it and dead, as are Polliver, Rorge, Tywin, Joffrey and Walder. People on it that are still alive are Cersei, Melisandre, The Hound, Ilyn Payne, Beric and Thoros. The Mountain is on both sides of this list, evidently.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

I figure she's removed The Hound from her list by now.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

He fixes the cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I figure she's removed The Hound from her list by now.
    I don't think so, but only because she thinks he's dead. Once she sees him maybe she will. Then again, he's with Beric and Thoros.

Frankenstein's Monster

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't think his movements were outrageous in this episode (I have seen teleportation issues in other episodes though). He could have been quite close to King's Landing when he overtook Yara's fleet at the end of last episode, based on Geography. It would not have taken long to get back to King's Landing. Then, after that he sailed around Dorne to get to Casterly Rock, which is probably a 1 week trip, and there is no reason why that scene couldn't have actually been 1 week after the scene in King's Landing. It matches with getting the Lannister army to Highgarden in the same amount of time. Quick battle at Highgarden (which it was), and another week to cart the gold back to King's Landing, meeting Cersei's 2 week promise to the Iron Bank of Braavos. I don't think the timeline is an issue with Euron in this episode, they just fast forward 1 week from the King's Landing scene to the Casterly Rock scene.

I'm much more bugged by the fact that Euron built a fleet like that in about 3 months.
    This. They're building a fleet of sailing vessels that are the best in this world. That takes a lot of freaking wood, and large trees to build that kinda shibby. From all what they've shown of the Iron Islands, there's not really a lot of trees that would produce the kind of timbers they would need for masts and other ship parts as well.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

lubba wubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by cF[Authentic] View Post

The show is known for killing main characters left and right. Yeah, Jamie likely lived, but it's not out of question that they Jamie could have died, or suffer some horrible side effect of being dragged to the bottom of a pond/lake/moat/whatever because he was wearing armor.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Yep, still here

Talk about things moving quickly

lubba wubba dub dub

I didn't much care for seeing the Hound today. Let dead dogs stay dead.

He fixes the cable?

Is that Robert's warhammer that Gendry is swinging? Friggin awesome!

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    I didn't much care for seeing the Hound today. Let dead dogs stay dead.
    What are you talking about?

Thread Information