Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Stop. Just stop. You've heard of him and likely seen him. Unless you've been living under a rock.
    Honestly I have not, unless it's without my knowledge. I assume if my daughter was still living at home I would have.

This is his leading video on YouTube. Sounds like music for Tweens.
    Last edited by Kepler; 07-18-2017, 08:47 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Honestly I have not, unless it's without my knowledge. I assume if my daughter was still living at home I would have.

This is his leading video on YouTube. Sounds like music for Tweens.
      He's popular with the 30-something ladies living in crumbling marriages, too.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        I don't mind him being in a small role, but the fact that they used his actual hair style which doesn't fit the genre was stupid and took me out of the moment and made me more aware - Hey... that's Ed Sheeran.

Hope cameos are limited moving forward.

Set-up episode that established where everyone is.

Necessary, but meh.
        I guess it didn't toss me out of the moment at all. His hair is of middling length, and a little shaggy. It doesn't seem that far out of place to me.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          I guess it didn't toss me out of the moment at all. His hair is of middling length, and a little shaggy. It doesn't seem that far out of place to me.
          The sides combed forward into the face.

Popular hair style for youngins over the past few years.

Comment

I guess I didn't even recognize it as a hair style...that's a hair style? Well, whatever, I'd rather not know about this kind of stupid ****.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Never once in a million years would I have noticed that. Are the kids doing that to hide their hideous, acne scarred faces?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                He's popular with the 30-something ladies living in crumbling marriages, too.
                Wow. That's a little too precise.

I never noticed the guy or his haircut, FWIW. This says there have been several musician cameos on GoT. I have never noticed any of them and I didn't recognize any of the groups except Coldplay, who I've only heard of because of Anchorman.

You kids and I occupy two different worlds.

I assume all these groups sound as douchy as Arctic Monkeys or these guys.
                Last edited by Kepler; 07-18-2017, 09:17 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I guess I didn't even recognize it as a hair style...that's a hair style? Well, whatever, I'd rather not know about this kind of stupid ****.

Good for you.

Having teenagers around makes one aware of such things.

You may be there some day.

Comment

It's a show with dragons and murdering magic vagina smoke babies....but, Ed Sheeran's hair isn't realistic?
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

That second one still confounds bbdl.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The controversy over Sheeran's cameo is mostly limited to the kind of mouth breathing idiot that says stupid things like "I don't need to see Ed Sheeran on TV" or that it was "distracting" or "took me out of the scene" or some other stupid comment that actually obtains no actual criticism of his appearance.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          That second one still confounds bbdl.
                          Nobody's ever taught him the story of the birds and the hash pipes? Sex ed these days, sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            The controversy over Sheeran's cameo is mostly limited to the kind of mouth breathing idiot that says stupid things like "I don't need to see Ed Sheeran on TV" or that it was "distracting" or "took me out of the scene" or some other stupid comment that actually obtains no actual criticism of his appearance.

The second two are legitimate criticisms.

As a director, you want to keep your audience in the moment.

The fact that so many people are saying that it was "distracting" or "took them out of the moment" shows that the directors made a mistake - in execution, not concept.

If it didn't bother you or distract you... great.
                            Last edited by Gurtholfin; 07-19-2017, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

The fact that so many people are saying that it was "distracting" or "took them out of the moment" shows that the directors made a mistake - in execution, not concept.

I've heard the name Ed Sheeran but couldn't pick him out of a crowd so I didn't really get distracted. The two other people I was watching with though recognized him.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

No, it shows that there are too many people care about terrible music.

And if you get distracted by recognizing an actor from something else he/she has done, you maybe don't have the mental capacity to watch a show like this.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X