Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    I get that it's a fictional show about dragons and magic and etc, but I was disappointed how predictable it was that Bronn would hit the dragon and Jamie would get saved at the last second.

I sure would love to be able to hit a moving target (albeit large) on my third shot with a massive crossbow. And that dragon's flames weren't a concentrated small area of burninating but as Jamie is within flaming distance, suddenly he can be saved by being tackled five feet to his right?
    The show is known for killing main characters left and right. Yeah, Jamie likely lived, but it's not out of question that they Jamie could have died, or suffer some horrible side effect of being dragged to the bottom of a pond/lake/moat/whatever because he was wearing armor.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Talk about things moving quickly
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I didn't much care for seeing the Hound today. Let dead dogs stay dead.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Is that Robert's warhammer that Gendry is swinging? Friggin awesome!
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I didn't much care for seeing the Hound today. Let dead dogs stay dead.
            What are you talking about?
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Yeah, we've known the hound is alive for a long time now. Pretty much ever since we never saw him die.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                Yeah, we've known the hound is alive for a long time now. Pretty much ever since we never saw him die.
                Did we? I must have missed that.

Comment

Wasn't in this season's first episode where the Hound was taken back to that farmhouse where he killed the man and his kid?
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Well, maybe not that far back.

He came back last season, though. Building churches for Ian McShane.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Well, maybe not that far back.

He came back last season, though. Building churches for Ian McShane.
                      That's right, I completely forgot about that sequence.

Comment

That's right, I completely forgot about that sequence.
                        I think you just kinda forgot that guy was the hound because no one has called him that in quite awhile...
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

So, Jon is a trueborn Targaryen. I know I argued with someone about this, but I don't think it was online, it was in person. But regardless, I was vindicated!
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            So, Jon is a trueborn Targaryen. I know I argued with someone about this, but I don't think it was online, it was in person. But regardless, I was vindicated!
                            I'm pretty sure that a lot/most people thought that was going to be the case. Especially since the episode from last year with Bran using his green sight to visit his father's visit to that tower and walking out with a baby.

Also, this helps Dany keep with the tradition of Targaryens marrying family to keep bloodline pure.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that a lot/most people thought that was going to be the case. Especially since the episode from last year with Bran using his green sight to visit his father's visit to that tower and walking out with a baby.

Also, this helps Dany keep with the tradition of Targaryens marrying family to keep bloodline pure.
                              But, this last episode is the first time they have said that Rhaegar and Lyanna were actually married. Well, Sam didn't let Gilly get that far, but that was what she was reading. Meaning, he's not a bastard at all. I have long thought that they were likely married, but some thought he was still a bastard, just not Ned's bastard.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                But, this last episode is the first time they have said that Rhaegar and Lyanna were actually married. Well, Sam didn't let Gilly get that far, but that was what she was reading. Meaning, he's not a bastard at all. I have long thought that they were likely married, but some thought he was still a bastard, just not Ned's bastard.
                                I was thinking bastard, but that didn't much matter to me, in the end.

Regardless, Jon Snow doesn't have Dany's true dragon blood (is that what they're calling it?) rolling through him, otherwise he wouldn't have been burned while grabbing and tossing the lantern when fending off those white walkers while saving the Lord Commander during season 1. Still, he must have a touch of it, given Dragos' relative obedience and allowing Jon to touch him.

Comment

Working...
                                X