X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LP = Ghost Town ??

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
    Let's see ...

No Norwich, Oswego, Plattsburgh; two Western teams guaranteed, and Hobart and Williams being the closest schools to the Brooks arena ...

While I like the prospect of a pre-defined site, I'm thinking the arena is going to be a cavernous echo chamber.
    Oswego could still have the biggest crowd there!
    Oswego State 1980 Grad
    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      Geneseo is pretty darn close, too, on par with distances like Hobart and Williams.
      roughly 300 miles from LP..
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
        roughly 300 miles from LP..
        Not that much further than Hobart, so it's on par. Williams is about half the distance. Of course, both Geneseo and Williams cannot make it.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          Not that much further than Hobart, so it's on par. Williams is about half the distance. Of course, both Geneseo and Williams cannot make it.
          It's almost 1100 miles by car from De Pere, Wi. to LP...But, our group is flying, no matter who plays!!
          SNC Men:
          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
          SNC Women:
          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Re: 2016 NCAA Tournament Thread

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
            Where would a purely-hypothetical-probably-won't-even-happen second round between Geneseo and Williams be played?
            At the higher seed; which based on Adrian drawing the #3 seed from the West instead of Geneseo, would mean that Geneseo is higher than #3 in the East.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
              ...this tells me the support of the community and the draw of an historic venue should be good enough for the NC$$ to have the men's and women's final four on the same weekend in Lake Placid every year.....
              Yes. This. I've been preaching this for 6 years.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

How can anyone not root for Geneseo to go all the way this year? With the adversity this team has been through, seeing them win the SUNYAC yesterday is the reason people love sports. Here's to hoping Stephanik's recovery is still going smoothly and that the boys are able to bring it home for Hutchy and get him the ring he deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by harrow18 View Post
                  How can anyone not root for Geneseo to go all the way this year? With the adversity this team has been through, seeing them win the SUNYAC yesterday is the reason people love sports. Here's to hoping Stephanik's recovery is still going smoothly and that the boys are able to bring it home for Hutchy and get him the ring he deserved.
                  Aside for those who still have a team in the show, I agree -- +1
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I know that this doesn't have anything to do with the teams, but I think the Selection Committee needs to be applauded on getting things right. I think this is one of the few years the committee (both sides) picked the correct field using the data given to them in the fairest way. There was a lot less smoke this year. Hopefully the committee sticks with hockey knowledgeable members.
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Re: 2016 NCAA Tournament Thread

Champs, I agree that the selection process has been much more equitable over the last few years. Yet, if D-3 either expanded the field ( I know, I know ) or kept it at 11 and eliminated the AQ's ( ditto ) how much more merit-based and exciting this tourney would be...

Include Platty and Marion/Babson, and you'd have a dogfight every single night this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        Champs, I agree that the selection process has been much more equitable over the last few years. Yet, if D-3 either expanded the field ( I know, I know ) or kept it at 11 and eliminated the AQ's ( ditto ) how much more merit-based and exciting this tourney would be...

Include Platty and Marion/Babson, and you'd have a dogfight every single night this year.
                        Sit down Fish, I almost agree with you....

I think we can all agree the ECACNE and MASCAC, as a whole, is much weaker and hasn't shown any sort of massive improvements. Yet we give them a Pool A bid, which by the rules is acceptable. Formal Cardinal great Chris Panek is trying to push the 16 team field (which I wouldn't be opposed at all), but what if added another Pool C bid for those 2 week conferences?

ECACNE
                        NCHA
                        NEHC
                        MASCAC
                        NESCAC
                        SUNYAC
                        MIAC
                        ECAC W (soon)
                        3 Original Pool C
                        2 Additional Pool C

Still gives the Pool A's to all conferences, allows those MASCAC and ECACNE teams the chance to compete, gives 2 more bids for those conferences which haven't become as strong. For some reason I just don't see the ECACNE or MASCAC becoming the NEHC, SUNYAC, NCHA any time soon but I still believe in a post season conference tournament just for the added excitement on going to the dance.

Lucky #13
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I pulled the section below from D3Hoops...the 500 mile rule lives...I was more intrigued by the even/odd year reference for hosting conflicts...

The majority of these eight teams are top seeds in their parts of the bracket. However, there are two exceptions.

Christopher Newport, Keene State and Wooster will be headed to Oswego State's Max Ziel Gymnasium because top seed CNU, the only home team to advance last weekend, is more than 500 miles from each of the other three teams in its sectional, meaning all three of them would have to fly to Newport News, Va. Instead, Oswego is the centrally located site of the other three and will host.

The Tufts men are hosting rather than higher-seeded Amherst because Amherst's women are hosting and the women's sectionals get the priority over men's sectionals in even-numbered years.
                          Last edited by LakerEagleLover; 03-08-2016, 09:17 AM.
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

No Plattsburgh, No Oswego, No Norwich..... man this place is dead.....
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              Sit down Fish, I almost agree with you....

I think we can all agree the ECACNE and MASCAC, as a whole, is much weaker and hasn't shown any sort of massive improvements. Yet we give them a Pool A bid, which by the rules is acceptable. Formal Cardinal great Chris Panek is trying to push the 16 team field (which I wouldn't be opposed at all), but what if added another Pool C bid for those 2 week conferences?

ECACNE
                              NCHA
                              NEHC
                              MASCAC
                              NESCAC
                              SUNYAC
                              MIAC
                              ECAC W (soon)
                              3 Original Pool C
                              2 Additional Pool C

Still gives the Pool A's to all conferences, allows those MASCAC and ECACNE teams the chance to compete, gives 2 more bids for those conferences which haven't become as strong. For some reason I just don't see the ECACNE or MASCAC becoming the NEHC, SUNYAC, NCHA any time soon but I still believe in a post season conference tournament just for the added excitement on going to the dance.

Lucky #13
                              Your scenario would definitely be better that the status quo, but it would violate the scared 6.3 ( or whatever it is ) ratio. And I would award the AQ's on the basis of the RS, and leave the silly PS tournaments to just provide a smidge of additional data in the case of a very close call vis-a-vis RS results.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Your scenario would definitely be better that the status quo, but it would violate the scared 6.3 ( or whatever it is ) ratio. And I would award the AQ's on the basis of the RS, and leave the silly PS tournaments to just provide a smidge of additional data in the case of a very close call vis-a-vis RS results.
                                Someone can (and will) correct me if I am wrong, but there's no one in the NCAA telling the conferences to give their auto bids to the post season tournament winners. The conferences could choose now to give it to the regular season champ. Doesn't the Ivy League do this in D1 hoops?
                                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                                ---
                                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X