X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2015-16 thread part 3 - The Postseason

Originally posted by DLG View Post
    It's disturbing that Lawrence who has been with team for 3 years (playing regularly only as a freshman) is not allowed to continue on team
    Without knowing details or anything behind the scenes it appears not to be a good decision
    I would agree with this. If he was going to cut Lawrence, why not do it this time last year? At this point last offseason, he didn't know Piccinich, Letunov, and Greer wouldn't be on the roster so depth wasn't an issue. Lawrence slogged through the awful 13-14 year and fulfilled (presumably) the requirements of the team for three years. He's not taking any scholarship money, so why not let him graduate and continue to be on the roster effectively as a walk-on. It would seem to be either Lawrence did something to break a rule or Quinn just decided to do it. If it's the latter, that's pretty cold-hearted.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
      DQ is so arrogant, its comical.
      even in high school you only cut if more kids come out than you have uniforms.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Like they wouldn't have come to practice every day and been happy to be a part of the team?
        We can give out 30+ numbers
        With locker room space at a premium and a lifetime supply of hair gel needing to be stored somewhere, you can begin to understand why Quinn did this.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          With locker room space at a premium and a lifetime supply of hair gel needing to be stored somewhere, you can begin to understand why Quinn did this.
          See now. This didn't even pop on mookie's radar. Thanks man! Now I see why

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Lawrence and Udahl cut per Freep
            I don't recall Udahl with any game action. Correct, or no?
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              I don't recall Udahl with any game action. Correct, or no?
              Correct

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                Hey gang - the offseason is here - what's the latest on Nick Roberto?
                He had UND winning it all

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                DQ is so arrogant, its comical.
                Bite your tongue, the guy is a saint!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  He had UND winning it all

Bite your tongue, the guy is a saint!
                  Just posted that I think this ASU guy has DQ beat.

Comment

Just because I like to get ahead of myself, can I pencil in the following point totals for Keller and Bellows next year?
                    Keller (65-70)
                    Bellows (55-60)

Comment

mookie'd be ok with 65g and 70a for either.

Comment

I would like to know more about the Lawrence and Udahl situations. After the tough 13-14 year, I thought Lawrence would be one of the first ones to go, but he stuck around. As far as Udahl, a little odd that he doesn't even get to play in one game for BU. Has to be a bitter pill after all the excitement of joining the team. On the other hand, he knew he was coming in due to a shortage of bodies, and I have no idea what sort of commitment was made to him. Since he didn't even dress, I would think he would be able to get a waiver for transferring (no sitting out a season).
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
                          Just because I like to get ahead of myself, can I pencil in the following point totals for Keller and Bellows next year?
                          Keller (65-70)
                          Bellows (55-60)
                          They look like good players, but that seems like a little much. I'd be happy with 45 points each after the conference playoffs are done (maybe 38-40 for Bellows since he likely won't have as many). They certainly could be good for more, but you never know.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            I would like to know more....
                            good luck with that

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              They look like good players, but that seems like a little much. I'd be happy with 45 points each after the conference playoffs are done (maybe 38-40 for Bellows since he likely won't have as many). They certainly could be good for more, but you never know.
                              And on that subject...can't believe NHL Network is showing "NHL Tonight" instead of the championship game. I sat and watched FIVE USA games, and just because they didn't make the final we don't see anything else??? Not even the 3rd place game? They could have shown that in the same time slot instead of the championship game if their "argument" is that the US wasn't in the championship game. So let's not hear how the USA is "growing" in hockey and give me any flak when I say that hockey is Canada's game (as I have maintained often here). We don't even come close to the type of enthusiasm and hockey culture that they have.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                And on that subject...can't believe NHL Network is showing "NHL Tonight" instead of the championship game. I sat and watched FIVE USA games, and just because they didn't make the final we don't see anything else??? Not even the 3rd place game? They could have shown that in the same time slot instead of the championship game if their "argument" is that the US wasn't in the championship game. So let's not hear how the USA is "growing" in hockey and give me any flak when I say that hockey is Canada's game (as I have maintained often here). We don't even come close to the type of enthusiasm and hockey culture that they have.
                                I'm not really sure what your issue is. They televised the 3rd place game live at 4 o'clock today

Comment

Working...
                                X