Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UWS Hockey

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    Hiring protocols at state schools are usually governed by strict guidelines and procedures. They can't just hire Mike Yeo out of thin air and offer him a salary to match his pay as coach of the Wild. You can't just grab a coach and hire him. Furthermore, if a search is declared failed (which it sounds like this one was), there is a procedure to be followed. Hiring in DIII is closer to the procedures in academia - now for professional level College sports (DI FB,BB) protocols can be violated and nobody cares, but for a part time DIII coach you have to dot i's and cross t's even if you don't want to. Academic hiring decisions are always made after shopping at Red Tape R Us.
    than dont tell candidates they will here by 2 weeks ago, thats my point so all 3 of them are left hanging, waiting for a phone call that was promised 2 weeks ago!!!!!

Bush league

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      Furthermore, if a search is declared failed (which it sounds like this one was), there is a procedure to be followed.
      so are you saying that no one wanted the job after interviewing?
      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
        so are you saying that no one wanted the job after interviewing?
        What I think he's trying to say (and he's certain to correct me if I'm incorrect, which I usually am) is that, given his extensive experience inside a D-3 institution over many years, this is what appears to be happening. He's trying to give us a little insight on the typical hiring process at a D-3 school.

I'm also going to say this, as a personal opinion. This thread hasn't exactly done UWS any favors whatsoever.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          What I think he's trying to say (and he's certain to correct me if I'm incorrect, which I usually am) is that, given his extensive experience inside a D-3 institution over many years, this is what appears to be happening. He's trying to give us a little insight on the typical hiring process at a D-3 school.

I'm also going to say this, as a personal opinion. This thread hasn't exactly done UWS any favors whatsoever.
          Hahaha. I'm sure not. I just keep coming back to see who they picked, but it clearly isn't going well. Clearly, UWS has some major budget issues. If you want to be competitive you have to have money.
          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
            Hahaha. I'm sure not. I just keep coming back to see who they picked, but it clearly isn't going well. Clearly, UWS has some major budget issues. If you want to be competitive you have to have money.
            Of course. Only elephants are going to work for peanuts.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I keep checking back to see if net presence has any good information. Only thing I find is upfan bringing up Larson and Peart who both apparently weren't interviewed.
              This is getting ridiculous though....it's been a long drawn out process for a D 3 coaching position.

Comment

than this would be the first job a fan forum had something to do with picking a coach. my opinion, a.d. way over his head on this one, coach should have been picked weeks ago for recruiting, nahl semi finals 10 miles from campus with 3 games last weekend. its a joke and the fan forum has nothing to do with it, your saying that is ridiculous, im sure we chased a lot of candidates away with asking whats going on, maybe they need an a.d older than 25 to make a decision

Comment

Originally posted by upfan1111 View Post
                  than this would be the first job a fan forum had something to do with picking a coach. my opinion, a.d. way over his head on this one, coach should have been picked weeks ago for recruiting, nahl semi finals 10 miles from campus with 3 games last weekend. its a joke and the fan forum has nothing to do with it, your saying that is ridiculous, im sure we chased a lot of candidates away with asking whats going on, maybe they need an a.d older than 25 to make a decision
                  Nonsense. You'd be AMAZED who reads us. Players, parents, coaches and recruits. And others...

God, that was fun...

Comment

You are correct I also agree with your opinion. Hiring processes don't always go the way people want them too. Budgets limit salaries and benefits.

I'm sure UWS fans are very interested to see who turns up, but the procedure has to play out. I'm sure a coach will be hired. It may not be who they (as an outside observers) would want, but one way or another the position will be filled.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Nonsense. You'd be AMAZED who reads us. Players, parents, coaches and recruits. And others...

gee the same people that read about Lucia. he is ripped yet he has a job. fan forums have nothing to do with a hiring, that said im done on here, what a joke, hire your tennis coach, you only have the best facilities in the league in hockey

Comment

I have been watching this thread for about a month now.... This is the first time I've ever blogged on a forum such as this... I never thought I'd do it either... I put an application in for this position but pulled out at the time of Phone interviews... There are many reasons for my decision. I have been mentioned in this thread just a shy under a million times and I'm flattered that Upfan1111 likes me so much, however this position needs to go to someone that can be committed completely to the program and someone that can obviously handle living on a small salary. I love UWS Hockey and the Black and Yellow runs through my blood thicker then anything. Thanks to those that thought I would have been a good candidate but I do have a very good job where I'm at Coaching hockey and my decision to continue here is Sincere. I, like everyone else am hoping the process finishes soon and a Coach can be named. I'm looking forward to seeing the program get back to where it needs to be.

Alumni19 (2000-2003) :-)

Comment

Oh... and for anyone that is wondering.... Net Presence couldn't be more obvious as to who he is... :-) Definitely a former goalie. He does have all of the best information on this thread too.. He will be one of the first to know when this job is accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by JacketAlumni19 View Post
                            I have been watching this thread for about a month now.... This is the first time I've ever blogged on a forum such as this... I never thought I'd do it either... I put an application in for this position but pulled out at the time of Phone interviews... There are many reasons for my decision. I have been mentioned in this thread just a shy under a million times and I'm flattered that Upfan1111 likes me so much, however this position needs to go to someone that can be committed completely to the program and someone that can obviously handle living on a small salary. I love UWS Hockey and the Black and Yellow runs through my blood thicker then anything. Thanks to those that thought I would have been a good candidate but I do have a very good job where I'm at Coaching hockey and my decision to continue here is Sincere. I, like everyone else am hoping the process finishes soon and a Coach can be named. I'm looking forward to seeing the program get back to where it needs to be.

Alumni19 (2000-2003) :-)
                            Ever have any thoughts of moving East young man?

Comment

Originally posted by JacketAlumni19 View Post
                              Oh... and for anyone that is wondering.... Net Presence couldn't be more obvious as to who he is... :-) Definitely a former goalie. He does have all of the best information on this thread too.. He will be one of the first to know when this job is accepted.
                              NEVER EVER trust a goalie!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bradz View Post
                                Ever have any thoughts of moving East young man?
                                Would the IRC or 7A survive?

Comment

Working...
                                X