Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 Regional Rankings and Bracketology

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
    After your D graduated, I spent over a year reporting on/writing about the budget crisis at the school. Maybe this is a way to not only pay for the rings, but help keep funding the program if athletics are a place where cuts are possible?

(When I was reporting on it, athletics, as it was told to me, were on a separate budget that was unaffected by the deficit the school faced. Don't know specifics on current situation.)
    Plattsburgh has a decline in enrollment over the last several years... layoffs are coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      ....and losing a full year of eligibility
      Do they? Men have the sit out rule, but I've seen women transfer in other sports without penalty.

Or, am I daft?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Do they? Men have the sit out rule, but I've seen women transfer in other sports without penalty.

Or, am I daft?
        Keep reading. I was corrected (and again still think it's BS that women can but men can't)
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
          You apparently didn't read the rest of my post. Yes...I realize that they are ranked highly and for good reason...but my point is that they aren't commonly known....outside the east coast in common knowledge. If you say "ivy league" people know what that is. If you say Big Ten people know what that is...or at least have a general idea. If I say to someone in New Mexico..."name a NESCAC school"...they wouldn't be able to.

I asked the college lady that works at my school why we don't push more kids to the NESCACs like Williams which have the "no-debt" promise...and she'd never even heard of them. And her job is to know colleges. Granted...with the woeful education system we have in Arizona...the NESCACs probably don't want most of our kids anyway...lol

And the whole point is once you get out of college and start your career...where you went to school matters less and less.
          That says a lot about your "college lady"...good grief....for those with a brain [i.e. the folks who actually run this country]...Believe me, they sure as heck know what the NESCAC is...and they probably attended one of them. When you say you don't know what a Williams [or Amherst, Bowdoin, etc.] is...believe me...the guy/gal is saying to themselves...."humm, dealing with an idiot here". Sorry, but that's the truth, like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
            They are exceptional D3 players with a strong skill set and hockey sense. The reason why they are not D1 is their Speed. They are not nearly fast enough for D1 and when the speed picks up their decision making is sub-par. At the slower D3 game they excel.
            probably true. Meneghin had developed into a great D3 player...as a club player and at Gunnery [a D2 prep team...not exactly Nobles] she was solid but not by any means a standout....I think a lot of what she has done at Plattsburgh has to do with her drive to get better, the fact that she plays with talented girls, and maybe most important....her improved fitness level.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat View Post
              probably true. Meneghin had developed into a great D3 player...as a club player and at Gunnery [a D2 prep team...not exactly Nobles] she was solid but not by any means a standout....I think a lot of what she has done at Plattsburgh has to do with her drive to get better, the fact that she plays with talented girls, and maybe most important....her improved fitness level.
              And don't forget superior coaching. I've seen him lift the skills of MANY players over their four-year tenure. One of the best examples is his current assistant coach. She was a middle of the road Junior player before going to Plattsburgh and blossomed under Houle's coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat View Post
                That says a lot about your "college lady"...good grief....for those with a brain [i.e. the folks who actually run this country]...Believe me, they sure as heck know what the NESCAC is...and they probably attended one of them. When you say you don't know what a Williams [or Amherst, Bowdoin, etc.] is...believe me...the guy/gal is saying to themselves...."humm, dealing with an idiot here". Sorry, but that's the truth, like it or not.
                I'm not defending her in anyway, like I said...I was surprised. But at the same time, 80% of our kids that go to college go to ASU, U of A or Northern Arizona or a local community college. 10% go military. The ones that go out of state generally are athletes that are going to D2 schools somewhere with scholarships or they go to school in California. Most of our students don't look east coast unless they have sports offers or are really really smart and are going Ivy. We've had full rides to Princeton and Harvard. She focuses on where the kids want to go. It was funny because she had a Minnesota-Duluth poster hanging in her office for awhile.
                Last edited by gojackets; 04-02-2016, 10:47 PM.
                UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Working...
                X