Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dangle View Post
    Penn State if it makes you feel better.
    Thank you. There is a Penn University, separate from Penn State. I'm no penn state fan but i don't think they want to be called penn. Was just curious.

Comment

Re: Penn State

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      I am impressed by how fast Penn State was able to to establish a respectable team. The step up from there is going to be tougher. Good Luck.
      OMG, the zombie apocolypse must be upon us. I actually agree with something Happy said. I'm scared now...
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
        OMG, the zombie apocolypse must be upon us. I actually agree with something Happy said. I'm scared now...
        Don't think of it as agreeing with a gopher fan as much as realizing that they're saying the obvious. It helps.

If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          Any reason we're hyping a program that did worse than other fourth year full scholarship programs in recent memory?
          I'm still a little new to Division 1 college hockey, care to give examples?

Comment

Northern Michigan made the National championship final within it's 4th year.
            Nebraska -Omaha went to the conference tournament final within their 4th year

2 examples

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Thank you. There is a Penn University, separate from Penn State. I'm no penn state fan but i don't think they want to be called penn. Was just curious.
              Actually it is the University of Pennsylvania.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post

2 examples
                Niagara
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post

2 examples
                  Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  Niagara
                  Thank you for the examples. I see that Niagara made the tournament 1999-00 and won the first round. Unless I'm looking at the wrong history for Nebraska-Omaha, I don't see where they did anything until 2006 where they saw their 1st tourney appearance. Northern Michigan is probably the best example of the three given but that was in 1979-80. They've maintained a very respectable level since.

Maybe Penn State hasn't been breaking barriers down in a break neck pace but the team is getting there. I think the general idea is that nobody really thought they'd do anything for another couple years yet but the team is gelling well. If they get another class like this seasons and stay healthy, everything should come to fruition soon. It is a Penn State thread and Penn State fans will always speak highly of their team. The non Penn State fans that made good comments felt like saying so, which is pretty respectable. It's just a respectable thing to give credit where it's due even when it's not your team.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    That is correct, we do not want to be called that. lol

Comment

Originally posted by nappyvalley View Post
                      That is correct, we do not want to be called that. lol
                      That's right. Don't call PSU "Penn". The Nits would hate to be confused with an Ivy League institution.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

What's is everyone thoughts on the Fighting Irish joining the Big 10 I think it's great and will only be the start for probably a few teams realigning with other divisions. Does anyone have any insides on where Arizona will land.

Comment

What's is everyone thoughts on the Fighting Irish joining the Big 10 I think it's great and will only be the start for probably a few teams realigning with other divisions.
                          It's almost like there's a whole 26-page thread about that topic or something.

Comment

Does anyone have any insides on where Arizona will land.
                            Now I know you're just trolling

Comment

Nebraska - Omaha made it to the conference championship game of the CCHA in their 3rd year of existence (2000), just one game away from getting that auto-big to the NCAA's. It was their very 1st year in the CCHA

Much closer than what Penn State has done.

There is much more to a teams history other than the NCAA's. I guess you were only looking up UNO's NCAA history, not their TEAM history

I agree with a previous poster..

TROLL

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                That's right. Don't call PSU "Penn". The Nits would hate to be confused with an Ivy League institution.
                                Haha

More like we would hate to be confused with the complete ghetto where that institution is located (jk, I think it's not as bad as people make it out to be)

Comment

Working...
                                X